What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis admits himself to mental health clinic

Bazal

Post Whore
Actually I was grieving (dad died) and was feeling very low. I went to see someone and she said grief and depression can have very similar symptoms. Made an appointment to see the shrink again in a few weeks and took the family to Bali. I had to cancel the appointment on my return as the grief just melted away in that time.
Perhaps that's the difference, time is a great healer of grief. Depression needs more work. Good luck to GI.

That's exactly the difference. Grief naturally dissipates. Mental illness isn't so kind

callmack1

Staff member
I read something somewhere and it said that if depression is ignored, after sometime it can actualy change the chemical make up of the brain. Then it is extremely hard to help.

Good on GI for seeking help early.

I reckon Bobby is like a gay guy who is in the closet and acts real macho and homophobic. He probably has his own issues that he is too ashamed or terrified to admit to himself hence he acts all macho and tough whenever the subject comes up in any form, help is out there Bobby, you just have to be a man and ask for it.

Ya got me man, ya got me.

I'm just oh so macho...

DtLEOehAWfwiY.webp

OOOOHHHH YEEEEEEEAAAHHHH...DIG IT!

JamesRustle

First Grade
At least Darius is finally getting the well deserved recognition of him being a compassionate bloke and top mate.

Hard to believe a few more teammates, coaches, rlpa or nrl administrators didn't drop by or enquire.

Best of luck getting yourself back in shape GI.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Witnessed a guy walk down the aisle in the Warriors Dragons game last night with a Bunnies hat on, holding the hand of what I presume was his about 5 year old son.

Copped a torrent of abuse from a group regarding his captain and the fact he had 'mental issues'.

I know we're trying to change opinions on mental health in society and it's happening slowly, but I don't give it much hope while there are still mouth breathers like those in the crowd and in this thread abounding.

Reactions: kbw

Life's Good

Coach
Witnessed a guy walk down the aisle in the Warriors Dragons game last night with a Bunnies hat on, holding the hand of what I presume was his about 5 year old son.

Copped a torrent of abuse from a group regarding his captain and the fact he had 'mental issues'.

I know we're trying to change opinions on mental health in society and it's happening slowly, but I don't give it much hope while there are still mouth breathers like those in the crowd and in this thread abounding.
That's terrible form. Did someone pull them up on it??

Amin Yashed

Juniors

Geez that shit form. That Sounds like Something Alien would do.

Amin Yashed

Juniors
Nup. Risky play doing so given the amount of the cockheads in the group saying it. Poor guy had to wear the abuse.
Be hard having his child with him to react. If possible I'd leave the kid with mum then go back & see what the f**kwits say then. On like donkey Kong

Latest posts