What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's NOT a mess

slippery5

Juniors
75 I threw up for the next 24hrs
79 the most memorable, not for the game but for the guy who jumped up on the ticket counter gates behind the Sheridan stand & then got hung up by his pants on the gutter, instantly signalling everyone to pelt him with anything they could throw.

blacksafake

First Grade
79 brings back memories for me I flew in from a holiday from USA, went home showered then off to the game. Not sure if it was the jet lag or the amber fluids but it took a few days to recover lol

hewi

Bench
Your win loss ratio isn't very good.
LLLLW = 20%
Maybe if we get to the GF this year just send your daughter as she has a much better ratio
W = 100%
Happy to put on a barbie and a few beers and you can come over because as as TV spectator you have a clean slate.

Thanks, brings tears to my eyes, only happen with a Dragons supporter. Il bring the steaks!!!

Old Timer

Coach
With the club announcing that we are now in negotiations with Mary re an extension and Mary having said if he was coach next year Dugan would be playing FB and with Dugan now leaving does that mean Millward has won his fight re Dugan and maybe that was a pre requisite before talking to Mary?
It seems a bit coincidental that talks with Mary just happen to come straight after the announcement of Duges exit especially as there seemed to be no urgency around a decision re Mary.
If so it makes Millward a very powerful man indeed and if that is the case then I consider that very messy.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
With the club announcing that we are now in negotiations with Mary re an extension and Mary having said if he was coach next year Dugan would be playing FB and with Dugan now leaving does that mean Millward has won his fight re Dugan and maybe that was a pre requisite before talking to Mary?
It seems a bit coincidental that talks with Mary just happen to come straight after the announcement of Duges exit especially as there seemed to be no urgency around a decision re Mary.
If so it makes Millward a very powerful man indeed and if that is the case then I consider that very messy.

It's a mess.

CarrrnDragons

Juniors
The club was not prepared to meet Dugan's price expectations.. simple.. Dugan didn't like it and has decided to leave...
I don't buy into the conspiracy theory Old Timer.. I think it is more, Dugan is done and gone, to sign some new players they need to have a confirmed coach as it will come up in negotiations. There is nobody better on the market from a coaching perspective, Mary has over achieved and earnt a likely extension

Old Timer

Coach
The club was not prepared to meet Dugan's price expectations.. simple.. Dugan didn't like it and has decided to leave...
I don't buy into the conspiracy theory Old Timer.. I think it is more, Dugan is done and gone, to sign some new players they need to have a confirmed coach as it will come up in negotiations. There is nobody better on the market from a coaching perspective, Mary has over achieved and earnt a likely extension
So what did they say to Hunt re coach that made him come?
As I say absolutely no need to discuss Mary now and the club had said the same not a month or so ago, so why did it come back into the frame so quickly?
Mary has over certainly achieved but it is for less than half the comp and hopefully it continues so why not wait as there are apparently no players on the radar at the moment.

slippery5

Juniors
Can Mary give us a heads up & tell us who is the 2nd best fullback at the club????

Old Timer

Coach
Just had a look at the link of the top 10 SOO debuts.
Close 21 (who came from the Stanthorpe comp), Meninga 19, Lockyer 19, Hodgson 79 kgs.
Youth and small guys who all had a big impact on the big stage right from the get go.
No doubt some other notables if one has a closer look.
So the part of our club in respect of pathways is certainly a mess.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I don't know why people always bring up stats like they are the be all and end all? This isn't supacoach, if stats are the benchmark then Paul Gallen and Corey Parker will be the next Immortals.

With regard to whether Hunt will improve our team more so than the retention of Packer and Dugan (and anyone else off contract me may lose while Millward rattles off excuse after excuse) that is still completely speculative and unproven at this stage. The only guaranteed improvement is that he is an improvement on McCrone (not a huge benchmark).
Well if your arguments correct then Jonathan Thurston or Billy Slater or anybody at all will improve the BIG RED V .so let's not bother.

possm

Coach
Just had a look at the link of the top 10 SOO debuts.
Close 21 (who came from the Stanthorpe comp), Meninga 19, Lockyer 19, Hodgson 79 kgs.
Youth and small guys who all had a big impact on the big stage right from the get go.
No doubt some other notables if one has a closer look.
So the part of our club in respect of pathways is certainly a mess.
Problem being that of the coach. It is not about Mary it is about and should always be about the Dragons NRL squad. Mary should stop stuffing around and select Mann at fullback and Nightingale on the right wing. Let's all see how man goes then it's Dufty/Fields turn to be tested.

Dugan to right centre for the remainder of 2017.

Old Timer

Coach
Well if your arguments correct then Jonathan Thurston or Billy Slater or anybody at all will improve the BIG RED V .so let's not bother.
They would certainly shine out but if our roster declines any further they couldn't lift us up enough to compensate for the losses in the roster.
Hunt when he signed was probably thinking playing with Dugan and Packer would be a great thing so if they don't get suitable replacements surely Hunt's job is just that much harder.
People often forget that Chang and Smithy were there at the end of the great run but really kept playing great footy up until the early / mid 70's.
Even with their mercurial skills and international quality it was not enough to lift a make shift roster to winning the premiership despite the fact we were always pretty competitive.
The loss of our internationals and our ageing roster was just too great to overcome.
I hope this time it is different but I always wince when current internationals are let go without truly suitable replacements.
Actually I would love to know what Hunt really thinks about it>

ALSGI

Bench
Problem being that of the coach. It is not about Mary it is about and should always be about the Dragons NRL squad. Mary should stop stuffing around and select Mann at fullback and Nightingale on the right wing. Let's all see how man goes then it's Dufty/Fields turn to be tested.

I would also prioritise Field - we need some who can kick a ball around - this year.

possm

Coach
They would certainly shine out but if our roster declines any further they couldn't lift us up enough to compensate for the losses in the roster.
Hunt when he signed was probably thinking playing with Dugan and Packer would be a great thing so if they don't get suitable replacements surely Hunt's job is just that much harder.
People often forget that Chang and Smithy were there at the end of the great run but really kept playing great footy up until the early / mid 70's.
Even with their mercurial skills and international quality it was not enough to lift a make shift roster to winning the premiership despite the fact we were always pretty competitive.
The loss of our internationals and our ageing roster was just too great to overcome.
I hope this time it is different but I always wince when current internationals are let go without truly suitable replacements.
Actually I would love to know what Hunt really thinks about it>
Millward is too wrapped up in the pathways progress of his juniors and has taken his eye off the ball since signing Hunt. It's time to land Lafai, Mann and Milne to a least maintain some stability. if this is not done, Millward had better have some big signings lined up or he will have really stuffed up our roster for the next few years.

slippery5

Juniors

There is not a hope in Hell of any of the above happening this year ...

Crush

Coach
Millward is too wrapped up in the pathways progress of his juniors and has taken his eye off the ball since signing Hunt. It's time to land Lafai, Mann and Milne to a least maintain some stability. if this is not done, Millward had better have some big signings lined up or he will have really stuffed up our roster for the next few years.
Do we need lafai, mann and milne? Thats a lot of centres with Aitken already signed plus our juniors coming through. I think we can afford to let one of those three blokes go.