What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's NOT a mess

Old Timer

Coach
Millward is too wrapped up in the pathways progress of his juniors and has taken his eye off the ball since signing Hunt. It's time to land Lafai, Mann and Milne to a least maintain some stability. if this is not done, Millward had better have some big signings lined up or he will have really stuffed up our roster for the next few years.[/QUOTE]
Possm
Just found a video of the coaching and recruitment staff meetings.
I'm sure you would agree with what is said.

Old Timer

Coach
Millward is too wrapped up in the pathways progress of his juniors and has taken his eye off the ball since signing Hunt. It's time to land Lafai, Mann and Milne to a least maintain some stability. if this is not done, Millward had better have some big signings lined up or he will have really stuffed up our roster for the next few years.
Possm
I'm sure you would agree with what is said.[/QUOTE]
Possm
Would help if I put the link

possm

Coach
Possm
I'm sure you would agree with what is said.
Possm
Would help if I put the link
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely great. Reminds me of times in my early childhood where we used to sit on the kangaroo mat in front of our HMV black and white TV watching with my grandad laughing out loud.

possm

Coach
Crush, are you a tidy person or a messy person. I'm a very tidy person who likes everything in order and everything done right.

I can imagine a messy person would not consider things to be a mess.

1. The financial state of our Club.
  2. The nepotism and jobs for the boys.
  3. The loss of great juniors who are killing it at other clubs.
  4. The lack of progression for our juniors this year - except for Sele.
  5. The miss-management of the retention of Dugan and Packer.
  6. The non recruitment for Dugan and Packer's replacement.
  7. The non retention of Milne and probably Mann.
  8. The poor selection decisions by our coach.
  9. The poor bench management by our coach.
  10. The failure to seal a deal with WIN TV.

Enough is enough. Now we will see the old boy network at it's best with the extension of Marys contract This week.

It's a mess, a real mess.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Have a quick look at the grubs forum.
We're NOT a mess.

The grubs are grubs and we should never be compared to us. We are the Mighty Dragons and believe it or not, we have still bot plenty of room for improvement on and off the field.

Compared to what we can really do, we are a mess.

ALSGI

Bench
The grubs are grubs and we should never be compared to us. We are the Mighty Dragons and believe it or not, we have still bot plenty of room for improvement on and off the field.

Ok then, have a look at the Souffs forum then.
We're NOT a mess.

denis preston

First Grade

Have a look at the Eels forum. We are not a mess.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Crush, are you a tidy person or a messy person. I'm a very tidy person who likes everything in order and everything done right.

Enough is enough. Now we will see the old boy network at it's best with the extension of Marys contract This week.

1 & 2) the financial state is a mess. I couldn't care if it's 'old boys' or 'new boys' or even girls who do the job as long as they are qualified to run a business.

3) who besides Jack Bird? Every club has great juniors killing it elsewhere FYI. For example we have Vaughan and Dugan who are canberra's juniors, Packer from NZ, Widdop from Melbourne etc etc. I'd go as far as saying with the exception of Bird and Merrin who is one of our juniors who would currently be in our starting line up?

4) agree they haven't been given much of a run. Host did last year and Sele seems favoured now. But who goes out of the side to give them a run? No one besides McCrone seems in that bad form. For gods sake we are running too 4, it's hard to drop players.

5) was it miss-management? Or a choice by the club to let them go? Especially Dugan.

6) they both only announced in the last 2 weeks they are leaving, so even if we have recruited they could be in cooling off periods. 'Recruitment' could also be picking a junior to take over - especially in Dugans case. Unless you don't want to give a junior a fair run, then refer point 4.

7) what were we going to do with Milne along with our other 19 centres/wingers coming through? Jury still out on Mann who I hope we retain.

8 & 9) poor team selections how? We are sitting top 4. Maybe You can argue the point of McCrone. But where did you sit on Lafai before the season? Or even KFFL the other week (who I didn't want picked but he did well!)

10) is that our fault? Is Win seeking a 'bargain' only from their end which would leave the club worse off in the long term.

Old Timer

Coach
Its still not a mess
In most cases it's never a mess until the shit actually hits the fan and of course then it's all too late.
Some people say the key is seeing the danger and making sure it never gets the chance to hit the fan.
The trouble is when you take the avoidance approach you never know 100% if that is actually what made the difference.
Difficult all round and until we are winners again the conjecture will probably always remain.

Crush

Coach

I am a very tidy person Possm.
It sounds like you are really bitter and twisted with the club you support. What a shame. Finally the team is giving you something to cheer about but you are focusing on the negatives or looking for negatives more to the point.

The financial state isn't good but why get upset about that? We are not alone there that's for sure.

Jobs for the boys. I love that our coach is an Illawarra legend. That our club is loyal to people like benny hornby and dean young. I know you will hate that call and OV will probably attack that but I love it.

The loss of great juniors. Rubbish. Every club has lost juniors. Dragons no more than any other club. Go through every other club and look at the champion players that they have lost.

Lack of progression for juniors this year. How is the progression for Cronulla juniors? Their 20s are killing it but I don't see them fast tracked to play nrl? How about other clubs this year? Are their 20s playing nrl?

Dugan, Packer, Milne, Mann.
I am not going to get bogged down as there a million dugan threads but our club is doing better than most in retaining and recruiting IMO.

Poor selections by the coach. Are you Fckin serious? We are playing fantastic footy with the team that Mary selected.
We were all wrong on Lafai. Some wanted widdop dropped. Some wanted aitken dropped. Some wanted nightingale dropped. All have been excellent for the most part.

Win tv. Don't know about that.

In short, you are looking for the negatives. Enjoy the season. We are playing good footy.

Crush

Coach
In most cases it's never a mess until the shit actually hits the fan and of course then it's all too late.
Some people say the key is seeing the danger and making sure it never gets the chance to hit the fan.
The trouble is when you take the avoidance approach you never know 100% if that is actually what made the difference.
Difficult all round and until we are winners again the conjecture will probably always remain.
You've kind of lost me here.
"Its never a mess until the shit hits the fan"? So its not a mess now but could be a mess if we start losing games and miss the 8? I'd agree with that. What if the shit doesn't hit the fan and we keep winnng?
"Seeing the danger and making sure it doesn't hit the fan"? So like what, putting field in for McCrone and seeing if he is up to first grade or bringing dufty in at the back? What happens if those two fail miserably?
"Until we are winners again the conjecture will remain"? What do you mean by winners?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
You've kind of lost me here.
"Its never a mess until the shit hits the fan"? So its not a mess now but could be a mess if we start losing games and miss the 8? I'd agree with that. What if the shit doesn't hit the fan and we keep winnng?
"Seeing the danger and making sure it doesn't hit the fan"? So like what, putting field in for McCrone and seeing if he is up to first grade or bringing dufty in at the back? What happens if those two fail miserably?
"Until we are winners again the conjecture will remain"? What do you mean by winners?
And if field and Duffy what do you do nobody knows and especially jetski until they actually try them.

Calling mary jetski oh dear me that is hmm nevermind.

Field has been used that leaves Dufty and he will get a chance.

Imo Milne should be dropped for either one of them.

Crush

Coach
And if field and Duffy what do you do nobody knows and especially jetski until they actually try them.
Sorry Overseas Dragon, I understand that you live overseas and English may not be your first language but I cannot understand that post. Not sure if its a statement or question.

Latest posts