What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's NOT a mess

giboz71

First Grade
It’s tough assembling a good roster when you have very little 3rd party payments and you don’t cheat the cap.

From all accounts, we’ve assembled our roster by the book and had the discipline of not overspending. Hence the tough decisions to let Dugan and Packer walk.

If by some miracle we do win the comp this year or next, I’ll be damn proud that we’ve done it on the level and not broken the rules like other clubs.

I know our management have copped heaps on this forum, but they should be applauded for giving us a competitive team without cheating.

mickeylane

Bench
It’s tough assembling a good roster when you have very little 3rd party payments and you don’t cheat the cap.

From all accounts, we’ve assembled our roster by the book and had the discipline of not overspending. Hence the tough decisions to let Dugan and Packer walk.

If by some miracle we do win the comp this year or next, I’ll be damn proud that we’ve done it on the level and not broken the rules like other clubs.

I know our management have copped heaps on this forum, but they should be applauded for giving us a competitive team without cheating.
Totally agree - a job well done so far and more importantly sticking w players that all thought were a waste of space ie: Aitken, Nightingale, Lafai -

mickeylane

Bench
Gusty win last night. It was a near loss we had to have. ;)
Actually it looked like it felt like a near loss for the team post the FT siren - the relief or grief on their faces was enough to have them vigilant on their next asssignment -this is why I'm so confident leading into the Sharks game - both Hunt and WIDDOP were quiet yesterday and had nothing to do w their opposition halves - just the game was a scrap and they couldn't get into gear.. Watch them fly next week.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Is still the case? Letting Dugan go was an excellent decision. Packer replaced by Graham (upgrade) Hunt for McCrone (massive upgrade)
Rank amateurs in charge of retention?
WRONG.

1. Comparing Dugan to Dufty is your classic "apples versus oranges" debate as they have their idiosyncratic strength and weaknesses. Personally, I would've loved to have seen Dugan play in the centres at SGI.

2. In the short term, I agree that Graham is an upgrade on Packer.

3. Hunt and McCrone; I can't believe you've put them in the same sentence in order to formulate an argument.

I'm wrong? Yeah, nah! Not as much as you're making out.

Gareth67

First Grade
So unlike what some posters believe, I think the dragons roster going forward is anything but a mess.
Next year we are looking at a team with not only the best forward pack in the comp but guided around by a proper halves pairing in widdop and hunt.
Losing Packer and Dugan is a loss but hardly a mess. As another poster pointed out every club loses players. Its the nature of the game.
This year we look good. Next year with the addition of Hunt and the omission of Mccrone we look great.
It's far from a mess.....

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:

Well now there's one fella who knows what he is talking about ! The man is very much on the mark .