What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's NOT a mess

im sure you support souffs

My passion for the Dragons is obvious to any clear thinking person (so you're excused).

My disdain towards the club's lack of professionalism (if this was a listed company, the shares would crash) and the associated coaching ineptitude is also evident. This justified disdain is a function of my passion.

You don't share that passion. You're a nominal supporter, satisfied with the mere appearance of success. I liken you to a church-goer without real faith. You feel good about your Sunday visit, you can tell people that you went to church, but it's just a charade.

And Mary is a nominal coach. Actually, the anti-coach. We will never experience glory under him.

Straight Shooter

Brutalitops

Juniors
My passion for the Dragons is obvious to any clear thinking person (so you're excused).

My disdain towards the club's lack of professionalism (if this was a listed company, the shares would crash) and the associated coaching ineptitude is also evident. This justified disdain is a function of my passion.

You don't share that passion. You're a nominal supporter, satisfied with the mere appearance of success. I liken you to a church-goer without real faith. You feel good about your Sunday visit, you can tell people that you went to church, but it's just a charade.

And Mary is a nominal coach. Actually, the anti-coach. We will never experience glory under him.

Straight Shooter
You come across as a complete knob surely someone who's "objective" can see that

Straight Shooter
You must have two dicks because you can’t be that much of a wanker playing with one

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
all three sides you have mentioned we’re heavyweights in 2017 all look totally beatable in 2018

It's only round five! Haven't we learnt the lessons of 2017 (and 2015)?

Last year, the above named teams started slowly but were among the contenders at the 'business end' of the season.

Not only have they all had prolonged success, I reckon they'll all feature in the the top four by round 26.

Drag Queen

Bench

Last year, the above named teams started slowly but were among the contenders at the 'business end' of the season.

Not only have they all had prolonged success, I reckon they'll all feature in the the top four by round 26.
I fear you may be right. Hoping this isn't the case but I'm a realist at the same time.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Straight Shooter
I fear you may be right. Hoping this isn't the case but I'm a realist at the same time.

Let's hope that a genuine halfback makes all the difference, and that I'm hopelessly wrong.

I am concerned that the teams Saints have played so far are simply not 'much chop', thereby creating a false sense of security.

Time will tell.

Drag Queen

Bench
Let's hope that a genuine halfback makes all the difference, and that I'm hopelessly wrong.

I am concerned that the teams Saints have played so far are simply not 'much chop', thereby creating a false sense of security.

Time will tell.
I tend to agree. The Rabbits are the only team that have given us any stick so far. Probably a game that McGregor wished was only 40 minutes. Thankfully their error rate shot up in the last 10 minutes as did my heart rate. On a positive note, I made my son cough up his piggy bank money. Teaching responsible gambling. I think I made $5.80.

Crush

Coach
I tend to agree. The Rabbits are the only team that have given us any stick so far. Probably a game that McGregor wished was only 40 minutes. Thankfully their error rate shot up in the last 10 minutes as did my heart rate. On a positive note, I made my son cough up his piggy bank money. Teaching responsible gambling. I think I made $5.80.
We made it tough on ourselves in that last 15 minutes but mainly due to having a young kid come on that still isn't up to those high pressure NRL moments. Mary should never have played Leilua.
Also 2 tries overturned by Luke Patten and his mates didn't help.
Good news is, we won and defended very well.
7 day turn into the Sharks, it will be a massive game. I hope its a dry track. And MOM I'm calling Sims. The enforcer!

Life's Good

Coach
I am definitely grounded in my expectations despite the start we have made. By the same token having Hunt in the team has certainly transformed the way we play with Widdop doing what he does best in playing off the cuff. We’re looking good but importantly our attitude looks great because we would have lost that game vs. Souths last year. Or even the Sharks game.

Hopefully I don’t get accused of premature adulation.

ouryears

Bench

Sometimes there is a changing of the guard. History shows this to be true.

Look at Parra and Bulldogs in the 80s.

Look at Saints in the 50s and 60s

Souths in the 60s and 70s.

Roosters in the early 2000s

I believe the changing of the guard is upon us again.

Roosters will be there, that's all.

Storm, Broncos and Cowboys no.

Their day has gone.

Crush

Coach
I am definitely grounded in my expectations despite the start we have made. By the same token having Hunt in the team has certainly transformed the way we play with Widdop doing what he does best in playing off the cuff. We’re looking good but importantly our attitude looks great because we would have lost that game vs. Souths last year. Or even the Sharks game.

Hopefully I don’t get accused of premature adulation.
Hey I was called an apologetic idiot on this thread after stating that I thought the recruitment guys were doing a good job.
Premature adulation is a compliment compared to apologetic idiot.

Drag Queen

Bench
We made it tough on ourselves in that last 15 minutes but mainly due to having a young kid come on that still isn't up to those high pressure NRL moments. Mary should never have played Leilua.
Also 2 tries overturned by Luke Patten and his mates didn't help.
Good news is, we won and defended very well.
7 day turn into the Sharks, it will be a massive game. I hope its a dry track. And MOM I'm calling Sims. The enforcer!
Young Luc looked like a stunned mullet Crush. Only one of Nene's tries was legit.

BennyV

Referee
Don't you think in the other try that Nene did get the ball to touch a blade of grass, I could not say it didn't. And the ref said try.
I’m pretty confident that Nene didn’t get the ball down in the first instance. Unless he managed to super stretch the ball to twice it’s regular size OR push it through the Rabbitoh arms. Ref saying ‘try’ doesn’t mean that the right call can’t be ultimately made.

The obstruction...well, that’s a whole different level. At some point, someone from the club needs to make a formal request to have Patten removed from the bunker when we play.

ouryears

Bench
I’m pretty confident that Nene didn’t get the ball down in the first instance. Unless he managed to super stretch the ball to twice it’s regular size OR push it through the Rabbitoh arms. Ref saying ‘try’ doesn’t mean that the right call can’t be ultimately made.

The obstruction...well, that’s a whole different level. At some point, someone from the club needs to make a formal request to have Patten removed from the bunker when we play.
Nene said he got the ball down, can't the refs just believe the player sometimes, like when a batsman doesn't walk? Ha ha ha

Why does Patten hate us, did we sack him as a player way back?
I didn't mind him as a player.

SBD82

Coach
Nene said he got the ball down, can't the refs just believe the player sometimes, like when a batsman doesn't walk? Ha ha ha

Why does Patten hate us, did we sack him as a player way back?
I didn't mind him as a player.
From memory, we had a choice between Patten and a young fullback named Ben Hornby. And we moved Patten on.

Not sure if this caused him to hate us, but he certainly doesn't give us any help from the bunker.

Latest posts