What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Best player in the world

boonboon

Juniors
Hayne was awesome tonite and your right he has been in the best form ive seen a player in for years over the last 8 weeks but tonight Benju matched him I thought although they have different games (and if he had kicked the goals Benji would have just shaded him )

In saying this both amazing players and tonights game was a highlight of RUgby League , especially seeing the massive Crowd , the great footy, the controversies and 2 teams that play really exciting footy

Only shame being that Tuiaki was injured in these massive games its better to see both teams at full strength purley for the entertainment a great player like the rampagin tnt provides

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hayne tonight was just our of this world, but Benji wasn't far behind him. Hayne since he has gone to fullback has torn this comp a new arsehole. If he doesn't win the Dally M it will just show how f**ked a award it is........

Hayne in my mind is the best player in the league, by far. How people can consider Thurston the best player are complete fools. Hayne is superior in every aspect except whinging like a dickhead and imo, if he kicked goals, he'd probably be better at it as well.

Although, that bounce for Hayne when he got past Moltzen was a bit lucky to be fair, if it goes to Moltzen he has an open field to run in. Then again, when you're that good, you create your luck.

As a Tigers fan, I hate him. As a fan of the game, he's brilliant.

Pumba

First Grade
Next time I hear Thurston is best in the world I think I am going to scream.

Without a doubt at the moment Hayne is the best in the game.

The little chips and chase that he has been putting on have just been awesome. Everything he does is just working for him. 2 40/20 including on with 30 seconds.

He is a freak!

Last edited:

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Absolute freak! Everytime he had the ball he had my attention.

I would take him over Brett Stewart anyday at the moment

tiger_nick

Bench
i actually thought benji out played him tonight. admittedly benji made more mistakes but he also came up with more big plays. hayne played very well but take away the chip and chase when the game was nearly gone and he didnt an awful lot.

Parraren

Bench
i actually thought benji out played him tonight. admittedly benji made more mistakes but he also came up with more big plays. hayne played very well but take away the chip and chase when the game was nearly gone and he didnt an awful lot.

Two 40/20's not enough for you.

He ran about 1000m too.

The bias in some of these posts is bordering on insane.

Both players were outstanding - Hayne just came up with the big plays when we needed them whereas Marshall turned the ball over on the 5th a few times near halfway which were such dumb plays at critical points of the game. That was the difference.

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Hayne's run of form is very similar to Hodges in the lead upto the 2006 GF.

If only he had a Lockyer rather than a kid or journey man in the halves.

Kornstar

Coach
Benji is also a massive freak! As a parra supporter every time Benji touched the ball i was scared, he just looked dangerous. From where i was sitting Benji had us looking stupid on many occasions last night......

I would have Benji in my team in a heartbeat!!

Hayne won us the game, Benji wasn't far away from doing it for the Tigers....great game!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Both are fantastic. Benji has more mistakes in him, but can pull something classy out at any moment.

How the hell does Hayne kick a 40/20 on the run? That is amazing...

Latest posts