What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JDB New Skipper ??

Gardenia

Juniors
Re JDB as our captain
It’s a no from me
Committed player great player
Sure the team
Love him
But hmm how to say this
He doesn’t have the gift of eloquence in his speech
He’s maybe not the smartest dude in that sense
I think journos may trip him up
Maybe Lawrie

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Can’t be Lawrie, needs to be an 80 minute player not 40 mins. Could be part of the marquee signing pitch… come play 6 or 13 and lead the club as our new captain for next 3 years….now who could it be

possm

Coach
I would go for Lomax. Although his game had deteriorated at the beginning of the year, he is improving since Hook is gone and as a person he is really matured.
I feel that Flanno will make the right choice of Captain.

If his son Kyle does come to the Dragons, I think Flanno will be the best out of his son.

The deal the Dragons should do regarding Hunt is a straight swap with David Fifita. Both players are worth a similar salary and more than anything, we need a top-grade edge player. Le's hope we can keep Su'A.

dragon thomo

Juniors
In all due respect Possm, i would rather a back rower that is a bit more consitant. With the change of coaches thee maybe a couple more players on the market and would not be as expensive as Fiffita.
Wilton, Curran etc

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I like Lomax as a captain to be honest. You cannot say that this guy does not try hard all game. He may make a error due to an offload but every bomb his way he runs hard to get to. He really tries his gut out to spark something in attack whilst others like Suli would just take the hitup. He hardly gets any early ball from the halves so how can he make a break? He tackles his heart out and takes no crap from the opposition. I think the captaincy role will probably mature him and make him a better player. I cannot wait for Flanno toget his hands on him and the 3 amigos (SAS) especially and looking at a huge 2024 from those 4.

Old Timer

Coach
Lawrie capt? The guy is gassed after 1 hit up. How will he find any energy to talk to a ref? He will have to walk up to him as well and by the time that is done the opposition will be on their 3rd tackle.
Laughable choice and if true we are getting ever closer to rock bottom.

Barely deserves to be in the team let alone captain it.

Sua, Liddle, Lomax all far better options.

justadragon

Bench
Agree old mate , we have hit rock bottom and are now drilling further into the rock ........
Mate, I dont know how often this season I have said we have have hit rock bottom , just so that a couple of weeks later I'm saying I think we have hit rock bottom, FFS its just one disaster after an another.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Lawrie may be not be a brilliant footballer but look at his stats per game and you'll find that he actually outperforms his minutes - in his 45 minute-odd stints, averages 122m, 34pcm, and 31 tackles at 94.3% efficiency. Further, if you watch the Dragons junior development training day video you see how much effort Lawrie puts into being a good role model towards the young guys to make sure they work hard and how much he truly cares about St George Illawarra. He is a clubman and very well spoken, too, and character-wise, is the image we should be aspiring towards.

It's funny how so many of you are so quick to criticise our players for having a lack of heart and that you'd rather our blokes give a red hot crack even if we lose, but when we have a player like Block who does that week in, week out, we've 'hit rock bottom', like Block is our biggest problem.