What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

LineBall

Juniors
93c88d99-e64e-4a57-83a3-e810cb8885e9
upload_2018-1-25_12-25-7.png
Would love to see England simplify things as per my dodgy MS paint effort above. Simple white jersey would look better than white they have currently IMO.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Its good when the progression of logos improves the brand.

It kills me when an NRL club takes a good Jumper/logo and changes to something putrid...

Edit: of all of these, my favourites are Warrington and Salford. Its great when a club puts fine detail into the background and trusts their fans, if they dont immediately understand it, to be intrigued and want to know.

Its kind of insulting when clubs produce the cartoonish shit. As if they are worried that anything too clever or subtle will give their fans headaches and turn them into rage monsters.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Rumour is that Leeds are going to change their logo too..

With massive improvements all around, that leaves Castleford and Catalans as the odd ones out..

The only thing I think is holding them back is the use of gradients which should be a big no no with logos.

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
Rumour is that Leeds are going to change their logo too..

With massive improvements all around, that leaves Castleford and Catalans as the odd ones out..

The only thing I think is holding them back is the use of gradients which should be a big no no with logos.

As long as they don't go the same route as Leeds UTD.

kdalymc

Bench
On the Australia Day protests, (regardless of your opinion) its good to see so many NRL jumpers in those crowds.

In some of the photos from Syndey and Brisbane it looks like almost half the crowd is wearing some version of a club/rep/local Indigenous jumper.

Its great to see the NRLs work on Indigenous issues isnt going unnoticed.

Some nrl fans are educated
/have common sense ?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Some nrl fans are educated
/have common sense ?

VFL needs to TELL people they are the "Indigenous Game".

RL just SHOWS people.

Its great that RL has integrated itself into the Indigenous story an become a symbol of the course, yet we still dont over-do it. There is subtlety and dignity in RLs approach...

insert.pause

First Grade
Gotta wonder why reasonably small companies like Brydens Lawyers & Intrust Super are naming rights sponsors of the two Origin teams. Surely the highest rating & biggest sporting brand in Australian sport would have blue chip sponsors lining up to be naming rights partners. Our states administrations leave a lot to be desired.

Saint Doc

Coach
Gotta wonder why reasonably small companies like Brydens Lawyers & Intrust Super are naming rights sponsors of the two Origin teams. Surely the highest rating & biggest sporting brand in Australian sport would have blue chip sponsors lining up to be naming rights partners. Our states administrations leave a lot to be desired.

The difficulty is as a sponsor you don’t want the “other” half to hate you.

Wallabies, Socceroos are an easy target for Qantas et al. The whole country unites behind them.

In origin, if you’re qantas, or Toyota, or Samsung - do you want all of Qld or NSW boycotting your product because you support the enemy?

That’s why XXXX, The Star etc get a run...state based companies/brands. Or smaller companies just looking for exposure, willing to take the risk of hate if it makes them better known

King hit

Coach
We had a couple of decent players in our inaugural squad, sadly I heard the attitude of most of them was pretty poor.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/arl-1995/western-reds/summary.html

Never did like the reds jerseys though, too many colours and no real relationship to WA

http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/en/teams/w/wa-reds/shirts-t337.html

If you look on link above can anyone e plain the SL jerseys? There is one with qbe sponsor and super Cup logo, was this a jersey pre SL launch as the one used in 1997 was sponsorless and had the SL logo in middle?

Also the reds 1995 jersey with nswrl logo, was this a 1995 pre season jersey?

I really like Western Reds 1995 jersey/ I think the black red and white are a good combination and the Red Kangaroo is the WA animal. Proud to say i'm an owner of one.

gzerounian

Juniors
Greive, Innes, Olejenik and Ryan were great pick ups from Manly. Innes was already a star but Ryan and Greive could have been anything with the right culture.

kdalymc

Bench
I’m in Canada at the moment. NHL is on tv 24/7.
They have 31 teams. 31!
Every team is yellow and black, or blue and red. Apart from the ducks...

hrundi99

First Grade
I’m in Canada at the moment. NHL is on tv 24/7.
They have 31 teams. 31!
Every team is yellow and black, or blue and red. Apart from the ducks...

Yeah nah...

Most jerseys are quite different in design, and of course there are more colours and varieties than you are suggesting.

1280-main-nhl-jerseys.jpg