What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos captain for Tri Nations - Buderis???

JJ

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
only knights supporters can see that. the best player doesnt always deserve to be captain. Mal Meninga was not the best player on the roo tours of 1990/4 but he was still captain. Johns had his chance, was injured for an extended period of time.
In that time Lockyer led 2 successful roo tours overseas. If Johns was injured for one or two tests then he would have regained his spot...but he missed something like 10 tests. Lockyer took the mantle and he ran with it.

1. Not a Kinights supporter.
2. yes - Lockyer took over the mantle - now he must hand it back - he was only captain because Johns was injured... simple as that

Mr Saab

Referee
He wont be handing it back...not a chance in hell that will happening.
As i said, if johns missed 1-2 tests, sure hand it back...but he missed close to 10 in that time lockyer led 2 successful teams o/s. Sure "its only the poms and kiwis" but still, they were successful. Lockyer can lead a team....look what he did in the tri nations final of 2004. THAT was a 10/10 game

Kaz

junior
Misty Bee said:
That's right, Razor. Johns is the incumbent -Lockeyer is the stand in because of John's injury.

The selectors must be wrong, as they have stated Lockyer is the incumbent captain.

Maybe they could contact the both of you, seeing as you are both the experts. :eek:

Kaz

junior
Stranger said:
Ok what about the return of the greatest player ever?

Is Wally Lewis returning to football. :D

Red and Blue Knight said:
Captain should be Johns, time for Lockyer to step aside for the true Aus captain.

The Australian Captain has to play games & not being injuried all the time.

Johns Magic said:
Lockyer averages 1.1 try assists per game and his team's on top of the ladder.

Johns averages more than that and his team's dead last.

Lockyer averages about 24 games a season, Joey about 4.

Not including Rep games

RABK

Referee
Johns was selected as Australian captain after the retirement of Brad Fittler. Lockyer got it by default.

Lockyer should not even be in the team, on form Anasta should be the Aus 5/8.

If it was anyone else then Bennett as coach i reckon Lockyer would be under pressure to perform.

Lockyer can't defend we all know that, but he does have a good attacking game. But with Johns at half you don't need Lockyer...Johns sh*t's on Lockyer in every aspect of the game especially attack. A running 5/8th would compliment Johns much better and the Johns / Anasta combo went guns....they set up countless tries.

Mr Saab

Referee
Johns was selected as Australian captain after the retirement of Brad Fittler. Lockyer got it by default.

Lockyer should not even be in the team, on form Anasta should be the Aus 5/8.

If it was anyone else then Bennett as coach i reckon Lockyer would be under pressure to perform.

Lockyer can't defend we all know that, but he does have a good attacking game. But with Johns at half you don't need Lockyer...Johns sh*t's on Lockyer in every aspect of the game especially attack. A running 5/8th would compliment Johns much better and the Johns / Anasta combo went guns....they set up countless tries.

we are not comparing players on talent and performance....we all know Johns is the best. That is a non issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is about captaincy!
The best player doesnt always get the captaincy!
On the 1994 Roo tour Daley was the best...he was also the winner of 3 straight blues campaigns as captain, but that didnt mean he instantly replaced Mal Meninga did it?
anasta in the team? what 2 good games at 5/8 makeup for the last 4 yrs of drivel he has displayed..talk about a fairweathered fan!
Your sickening bias to the Mr Injured is sickening...seriously sickening.
Dont blame lockyer that he stays on the field almost every game. Something Johns has failed to do the last 5 yrs.
Majority of knights fans are as thick as a big brother contestant

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
we are not comparing players on talent and performance....we all know Johns is the best. That is a non issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is about captaincy!
The best player doesnt always get the captaincy!
On the 1994 Roo tour Daley was the best...he was also the winner of 3 straight blues campaigns as captain, but that didnt mean he instantly replaced Mal Meninga did it?
anasta in the team? what 2 good games at 5/8 makeup for the last 4 yrs of drivel he has displayed..talk about a fairweathered fan!
Your sickening bias to the Mr Injured is sickening...seriously sickening.
Dont blame lockyer that he stays on the field almost every game. Something Johns has failed to do the last 5 yrs.
Majority of knights fans are as thick as a big brother contestant

Your devotion to Lockyer when he should not even be selected is sickening.

You bronco fans are idiots, always coming out with insults against us Knights fans.....look at your own posts.

It ain't just Knights fans who want Johns as the Aus captain.

Isn't threre more NSW selectors on the Aus panel then QLD's? :)

Saint 60

Juniors
Lockyer has been keeping his seat warm...

Australian teams have done well for years...Lockyer and Bennett had precious little to do with that for the last 35 years

Johns gets hurt maybe because he can tackle....? regulary
O and he can kick ---

Capt..yup np :)

Mr Saab

Referee
Lockyer should not be selected? f**k me your lack of brains is scary.
Lockyer has a bad series so thats it...end of his rep career.
If you were a selector then we would have 100 players representing australia every yr.

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
Lockyer should not be selected? f**k me your lack of brains is scary.
Lockyer has a bad series so thats it...end of his rep career.
If you were a selector then we would have 100 players representing australia every yr.

No i just see through the myth that is Darren Lockyer.

Mr Saab

Referee
yeah lockyer is a myth..whatever f**kwit.
At least lockyer wont have the joy of winning the spoon...unlike some great player.

scottyeel

Bench
It won't matter anyway cause Johns will be injured by then.
If they are both fit lockyer should be captain.

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
yeah lockyer is a myth..whatever f**kwit.
At least lockyer wont have the joy of winning the spoon...unlike some great player.

Can't handle it can you Saab. :LOL:

*Hands Saab a tissue*

Mr Saab

Referee
Can't handle it can you Saab. :LOL:

*Hands Saab a tissue*

cant handle debating with a nuffy newcastle supporter like you. You have no brains about league...you are as thick as johns ass. but then you would know about his ass as you do him up the butt minus lube all night in your dreams.

Mr Saab

Referee
scottyeel said:
It won't matter anyway cause Johns will be injured by then.
If they are both fit lockyer should be captain.

starting this weekend courtesy of either southern, or rauhihi

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
cant handle debating with a nuffy newcastle supporter like you. You have no brains about league...you are as thick as johns ass. but then you would know about his ass as you do him up the butt minus lube all night in your dreams.

:lol:

Your fun to argue with, only takes a few comments and your flying of the handle with profanitys.

Why am i nuffy, because i never agree with you, go back to school and try listening this time. Buy a dictonary and learn the meaning of some words too.

And the last comment proves your maturity.

I agree with the Mut, Charlie Saab to lose all credibility...Correct. :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
I agree with the Mut, Charlie Saab to lose all credibility...Correct. :lol:

the day i care about losing cred on a message board is the day i kill myself. Seriously...its a message board.
I am not the nuffy who wants the current test captain kicked out of the test team.
I will use profanity all the f**k i like with you as you are f**k wit who is a total extremist.
f**k, lets put all the knights players in the test team...they deserve it.

thaiday to fullback
Newton to 2nd row
Gidley to centre
Kidley to 5/8

hmmm i dont know anymore names...i keep track of a team that uses reserve graders.

RABK

Referee
Charlie Saab said:
the day i care about losing cred on a message board is the day i kill myself. Seriously...its a message board.
I am not the nuffy who wants the current test captain kicked out of the test team.
I will use profanity all the f**k i like with you as you are f**k wit who is a total extremist.
f**k, lets put all the knights players in the test team...they deserve it.

thaiday to fullback
Newton to 2nd row
Gidley to centre
Kidley to 5/8

hmmm i dont know anymore names...i keep track of a team that uses reserve graders.

:LOL: Pathetic. You have NOTHING. :LOL:

Mr Saab

Referee
well if thats your comeback then it shows who has nothing...
I wonder if newcastle will be able to match the seagulls of 1993...one win wonders.
Hmm who did the seagulls beat in that ONE victory? The mighty knights.

Latest posts