What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Train on Squad

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
So, I'm gunna stoke the fires on this a little bit... Zero! you said :
"Well its reading properly and COMPREHENDING that some of us CLEARLY struggle with *ahem*. As I've proven, you've...misred what I said earlier and thats ok. Some of us cant bare to be corrected, rather just put a "lol" there and "say youre reading too much into it" completely missing the point.

As I provided with that article which I dont think youve red, you will see what Im talking about."

Now I'm sorry but that's a classic passive agressive post. When I pointed that out, Zero, you said : "Passive - aggressive lol. They're opposites, learn their meanings because youve used it in an oxy moron type sentence lol."

Well, yes, that's exactly true it IS an oxymoron, but that doesn't make the term passive agressive any less true, which is what you were being.

You then went on to say that you admit when you're wrong... come on big fella, you made it abundantly clear you didn't know what passive agressive meant, and instead thought that they were just two different words that didn't go together.

This is a safe place mate, we're all in this together.

(FYI I'm just fooking with ya, I really do enjoy your posts. Entertainment value is very high!)

Actually I'll reply to your post. You have to understand something to recognize it a oxymoron. You cant call it an oxymoron if you dont understand it lol. You just got served.

It was YOU that miscomprehended, not me. Thats fact. You cant beat facts.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
This is our arguement Villa. Here is my proof of your miscomprehension, skim reading or both where you were wrong.

Its all about Kidwells statement being predictable and then you unneccessarily point out to me thats its a standard statement, something Ive already mentioned. I then raise your miscomprehension and you then deflect it by saying "Im reading too much into it" - mate, you got to read properly to understand what one is saying. I dont mean to offend but cant put it any other way.

Heres the undeniable proof.

At the start of my post I clearly stated that Kidwells statement was a predictable one...
Kidwell says he wants to make an instant impact with the Kiwis. Kind of statement you hear from a newly appointed coach. Bold or brash? Should Kidwell just relax and not make statements that might set him up to get egg faced?
Here is your reply post where you state (the grammars rough but I can comprehend what youre saying) its a standard statement.
I think it's prettt standard for a coach to say "I want to make an impact". If we lose, we lose. I don't think there will egg on his face because of that statement.
You see I've already acknowledged Kidwells statement as standard in my initial post at the top. This shows you either skim red my post or miscomprehended my overall reflections on Kidwells statement when you replied in the post above. You led with that like I didnt know when I clearly said that.

Underneath was my post raising the issue.
As I CLEARLY stated on my post it's the "kind of statement you hear from a newly appointed coach". Yes of course it's a predictable statement as I CLEARLY stated earlier.

So its CLEAR you got it wrong and in actual fact we were both on the same page but you thought I didnt consider it to be a standard statement. Your next post I was expecting you to reply "oh yeah I get ya, I mustve missed that part where you said that zero" instead you start to deviate (maybe because you were found out) and then resort to insults.
Lol Zero I think you're reading into too much.
You forgot to add 'it' into your sentence but again, I comprehend. Then your resort to deviate further with "passive-aggressive" and insults.
Lol, you're such a passive aggressive little bloke aren't ya. I bet you suffer from little man syndrome
I might have been ACCIDENTLY aggressive in my pursuit of bringing you to admit you got me wrong but I never resorted to deviate or insults because of defeat. I stuck to the arguement, dont need to stray, dont need to change the subject to "small man" or "passive aggressive" its not what this is about.

All the proofs there, undeniable. That will be all judge.

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
When is the team named? Mannering is out due to knee surgery, but will be fir for Four Nations.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Ahh I think I can see where we went wrong here Zero!

VillaTheGorilla said:
"I think it's prettt standard for a coach to say "I want to make an impact". If we lose, we lose. I don't think there will egg on his face because of that statement."

You see I've already acknowledged Kidwells statement as standard in my initial post at the top. This shows you either skim red my post or miscomprehended my overall reflections on Kidwells statement when you replied in the post above. You led with that like I didnt know when I clearly said that.
QUOTE]

When I said that, you saw it as me having a go at you? Not at all mate, I wasn't intending to have a go and was actually kinda agreeing with you.

In turn you then got on the defensive and became all passive agressive.

Hay mate, we all get it wrong sometimes, no body's perfect. I just hope that this doesn't get in the way of our budding friendship :)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
When is the team named? Mannering is out due to knee surgery, but will be fir for Four Nations.
NZRL Kiwis side to face Australia in Perth on Saturday

1 Jordan Kahu

2 Jason Nightingale

3 Solomone Kata

4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall

5 Jordan Rapana

6 Thomas Leuluai

7 Shaun Johnson

8 Jesse Bromwich (c)

9 Issac Luke

10 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

11 Kevin Proctor

12 Tohu Harris

13 Jason Taumalolo

14 Lewis Brown

15 Martin Taupau

16 Manu Ma’u

17 Adam Blair

18 Joseph Tapine

19 Gerard Beale

No Fusitua which is a suprise. Gone for Kahu who can kick goals.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Never been a big fan of both of these guys being in the same team as I think they both offer the same thing. Also, their haircuts are similar which doesn't help.

But hey, if it's good enough for the Storm it's good enough for us I guess..
We seem to love big hair some of our players. Pritchard and Galuvao, now these two. No pretty boy fades, just the rugged look.

Structured players arent they, not your noted line breakers like a Papalii. You know what to expect with Proctor and Harris and its not that entertaining but its safe. Kind of like Glen Lazarus - they make their 10 metre hit ups and all their tackles only Lazarus amazed coaches with his ability to play the ball quickly despite his big square frame.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Best kiwis side I've seen named in years, hope that they perform
Its a good side, cant complain. I would've been worried if Beale got in there but I was thinking they'd go with Kata and thats good. We got SKD and Rapana this time round. Nightingale takes the left wing outside the normally greedy Kata, hopefully that doesnt become a talking point. Yeah defintely a good side, HAS to be.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
David Kidwell...
"That is a harsh lesson for myself for the first time in the job," he said following the five-tries-to-one loss.

Thats what he shouldve said before, the truth! Now he says it lol. It goes back to what I saying before.

On Taumalolo...
"I didn't purposefully leave him on the sidelines like that.

"I take responsibility for that."

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11729884

It's clear there is an immediate impact from Kidwell, he hasn't made muppet moves like leaving JWH out, and will pick a team that contains genuine centres and a hooker rather than backrowers covering those spots
I didnt see the immediate impact Kidwell was saying he wanted to make. JWH ended up playing like a muppet! I'm happy hes in the team but he had an UNUSUAL off game yesterday, he'll bounce back.

If the impact was there, then Id credit Kidwell even in defeat. Instead he stuffed up with Taumalolo, the backs looked disorganised (he cant be blamed entirely for that) and the forward pack underperformed.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is funny on the Taumololo thing. Personally, I'd have him out there for 65mins plus

Interesting though that from the same commentators, that Kidwell was getting hammered for having him on the bench for so long, but for the majority of the season Paul Green was doing the same thing, and bringing Scott and Taumololo back on around the 65min mark and was getting lauded for it