What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Gets a start!

And this is another example of wearing the tin foil hat.

Plenty to be critical about but keeping quiet during a contact negotiation is not. Mediocrity would be giving a running commentary.

Was that straight enough for you shooter?

Luciano is a wanted player. If he and his manager are smart they would be letting his football on the park drive his price up. I doubt he will sign with anyone for a few more weeks

I'm not questioning the silence.

I simply have an issue with "I'm sure the club is trying" attitude displayed by the mediocrity cheer squad. The club has also tried with Bennett and Cronk and Bird and Roberts...

I'm not one for particpation awards, mate.

Straight Shooter

Jubileeboy

First Grade

I simply have an issue with "I'm sure the club is trying" attitude displayed by the mediocrity cheer squad. The club has also tried with Bennett and Cronk and Bird and Roberts...

Straight Shooter

Actually, counsellor...you may like to read my post again. I actually stated, 'I am almost 100% certain the club is doing all it can...'
I get that comprehension and rugby league are not strong points of yours but there is a difference between 'trying' and 'doing'.
However, here's a notable mention for your attempt to discredit others anyway. Bravo - what an outstanding contribution again.

The Doc

Juniors
Actually, counsellor...you may like to read my post again. I actually stated, 'I am almost 100% certain the club is doing all it can...'
I get that comprehension and rugby league are not strong points of yours but there is a difference between 'trying' and 'doing'.
However, here's a notable mention for your attempt to discredit others anyway. Bravo - what an outstanding contribution again.
Hahaha why are you explaining urself? The guy is just negative towards the club 100% of the time.
If we try sign someone he is critical, if the club sits on its hands and chases no one the guy is critical.
If we dont land someone we failed, if we do land someone he is automatically shit without being given a chance.
He has a problem with "participating" and a problem with "not participating".
Iv been reading these forums for years and OVs posts have always been ones that just make me laugh.
Apparently no other club has ever chased players and missed getting there signature.
Only us... he must be a 100% win 100% of the time kinda lawyer...
Surely he has never taken a case and lost it... he must be on the big big BIG bucks with a 100% win rate.
Maybe he can get off the key board and offer TPAs to the club then...
Then again... as a shit talker he will just stick to being an internet know it all lollll

twinkletoes

Juniors
I;m sitting on the sidelines watching all the argy bargy about who we are and are not signing. However underneath all this I think we are actually beginning to build a dynasty for future years with all the talented younger players that are signed..and yes Leluia would be a massive boost...but we are beginning to see the makings of what could possibly be an outstanding football team in the near future. Of course the immediate problem is still the coach and No7..but even if they remain to see out their contracts in a year or 2 with the young hooker and 7 from NYC, and then a proper coach I think we could start to see some more of the golden years for the Dragons!!!

The Doc

Juniors
I like the positivety twinkletoes...
Mary only has one more year to run doesnt he... marshall wont be extended... and reins not mr popular with the club either.
A new 7 and 9 is really all we are missing.
We have Macdonald signed... with milne and aitkens we have a pretty young backline.
Up front we have host, hopefully Leilua, sele, Kerr, frizzell, JDB, thats up fronts future looking good.
Packer and Mose still have a few more years in them. Who knows who will be knocking on the door at that time. So does dugan at fullback.
The club seems to be planning well for the future. The rebuild stage looks to be taking place, 5 years late but better late then never.

BennyV

Referee
Rebuild stage means nothing while McGregor is coaching. We will fail again next year, he will blame the players, half of them will leave, he'll be extended for some wanky reason and we'll start our rebuild again in 2020 when someone with some competence takes the reigns.

God f**king dammit, it's only Wednesday...

The Doc

Juniors
Rebuild stage means nothing while McGregor is coaching. We will fail again next year, he will blame the players, half of them will leave, he'll be extended for some wanky reason and we'll start our rebuild again in 2020 when someone with some competence takes the reigns.

God f**king dammit, it's only Wednesday...
Breath in... breath out.... lol
Worst case scenario is mary lasts one more year...
These youngsters are being signed to 2 and 3 year deals....
With a bit of luck mary gets assed out end of year...
With no luck he lasts one more season.
If we are signing these youngsters to 2 or 3 year deals.. showing that we are planning for the future... i can cope with mary for one more year.
Id prefer not to... but if thats a worst case scenario... ill take it on the chin.
I spoke with dousty a little while back... the message i got (not in these direct words) but the impression i got is mary will not be getting renewed.
I know for a fact if doust has his way mary will be gone seasons end.
The board arent as "unpleased" with mary as doust is.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
I like the positivety twinkletoes...
Mary only has one more year to run doesnt he... marshall wont be extended... and reins not mr popular with the club either.
A new 7 and 9 is really all we are missing.
We have Macdonald signed... with milne and aitkens we have a pretty young backline.
Up front we have host, hopefully Leilua, sele, Kerr, frizzell, JDB, thats up fronts future looking good.
Packer and Mose still have a few more years in them. Who knows who will be knocking on the door at that time. So does dugan at fullback.
The club seems to be planning well for the future. The rebuild stage looks to be taking place, 5 years late but better late then never.
I havent seen MacDonald singed officially on the Dragons web site yet

SaintHarry

Juniors
Just see the doggies resign josh jackson on a 3 year deal with an upgrade could mean they really aren't chasing luciano after that.

Minh

First Grade

Straight Shooter
Do you really think that people give a damn what you think, I mean by all means express your views but just quit making it sound so important or something so significantly about you......

Mr Red

First Grade
Just see the doggies resign josh jackson on a 3 year deal with an upgrade could mean they really aren't chasing luciano after that.

In my opinion the dogs are looking to offload tim Browne, so probably see leilua as the bench replacement for him .
Josh Jackson was never going anywhere...

BennyV

Referee
If we are signing these youngsters to 2 or 3 year deals.. showing that we are planning for the future... i can cope with mary for one more year.
Id prefer not to... but if thats a worst case scenario... ill take it on the chin.
I spoke with dousty a little while back... the message i got (not in these direct words) but the impression i got is mary will not be getting renewed.
With all due respect, that's not the worst case scenario. Hell, reports were that Mary was looking to be extended earlier this year! How ludicrous, after stumbling into 8th position and bowing out, someone somewhere thinks he deserves an extension.

Doust has no say in Mary's contract, that much is obvious - if he did, Mary wouldn't have been signed in the first place. The Mary's mates on the board see him competing for 8th spot again next year, he'll get another chance. Probably 3 years. THAT'S worst case scenario...

The Doc

Juniors
With all due respect, that's not the worst case scenario. Hell, reports were that Mary was looking to be extended earlier this year! How ludicrous, after stumbling into 8th position and bowing out, someone somewhere thinks he deserves an extension.

Doust has no say in Mary's contract, that much is obvious - if he did, Mary wouldn't have been signed in the first place. The Mary's mates on the board see him competing for 8th spot again next year, he'll get another chance. Probably 3 years. THAT'S worst case scenario...
Hahaha oh believe me mate... mary wont be getting an extension.
Worst case scenario is we put up with mary for 2017... there wont be any more then that to put up with.

The Doc

Juniors
Cheers, thanks for clarifying.
No worries... not sure the duration... but it was mentioned on NRL360 that he has already signed with penrith for 2017
Throws a spanner in the works regarding Leilua...
No Browne and no Williams = a bench spot possibly???

blacksafake

First Grade
I hope you are right Doc re Mary,However the issue then is if the new coach comes in how many of these latest signings are moved on & another re-build is in progress because the new coach has not got the team he wants.

The Doc

Juniors
I hope you are right Doc re Mary,However the issue then is if the new coach comes in how many of these latest signings are moved on & another re-build is in progress because the new coach has not got the team he wants.
I see where ur coming from... but how do we know that we are not already in discussions with another coach who is having a say on the team he wants???
Not saying that that is the case for sure... but its a possibility.

Latest posts