What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leilua Gets a start!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Raelene Castle was asked about Luielia and she said they are not interested in him. I think they enquired about his availability but that is only as far as they got as they have not spken to him about a contract.

The Doc

Juniors
According to his manager the dogs put in an offer... and not a bad one either.
So did the panthers and raiders (not as high $ wise) and so did the broncos (low $ as well).
Our latest offer isnt a bad one. Sticking point being the duration.
He wants 3 years we are offering 2 years. But by all accounts its not a major sticking point.
Hopefully a decision isnt too far off.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Sounds like the Bennett fiasco all over again....don't they learn. I would have thought 3 years would be in our best interests.

Our Admin must be made up of dimwits.

Why wouldn't you sign the kid up for 3 years with a first right of refusal on his next contract.

Once he improves his fitness to first grade level his skill set will make him an amazing asset

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He's probably saying, "well you gave Kerr a 3 year deal why not me"?
At very worst we could offer a 2 year deal with an option of another.

The Doc

Juniors
Lol at people jumping the gun to attack the club.
Kerr got 3 years, but the money he got compared to what we put forward to Leilua is in a ballpark 2 ball parks away!!!
Lets not forget one Mr Dan Hunt. Had all the potential to be a rep forward for years to come, one injury and we were stuck.
2 years is a fair deal, Leilua should jump at that. If he maintains his form he will demand more money sooner.
Everyone just needs to calm the f@#k down a little lol

Dragsters

First Grade
3 year deal does not sound like a big risk for a young bloke, particularly with the amount I would imagine it would be for,

Could be to both parties benefit if he goes as well as we think he can.

Kerr got 3 years, but the money he got compared to what we put forward to Leilua is in a ballpark 2 ball parks away!!!
Lets not forget one Mr Dan Hunt. Had all the potential to be a rep forward for years to come, one injury and we were stuck.
2 years is a fair deal, Leilua should jump at that. If he maintains his form he will demand more money sooner.
How do you know what Leilua has been offered ?

Dragsters

First Grade

So are you saying you know what the details of the deal are?

The Doc

Juniors
Yes the basics.... the ball park figure and duration were mentioned....
And i was told what kerr signed for.
All i will say is the difference between the 2 is not a small gap.
Dont get me wrong... its not bulldogs forwards money... but its not a small difference.
It certainly lets Leilua know he is held in higher regard then kerr... thats for sure.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Raelene Castle was asked about Luielia and she said they are not interested in him. I think they enquired about his availability but that is only as far as they got as they have not spken to him about a contract.

I wouldn't trust anyone in that club as far as I could drop kick them.

denis preston

First Grade
I wouldn't trust anyone in that club as far as I could drop kick them.
Slippery ,I think she would have worded it differently if they were really interested as she would be unnecessarily embarrassed if they secure him now.

As it looks it is only the number of years not the money. He is only 20 so wouldn't be over the hill on the 3 year mark but than again at the money is it a gamble ???

Time will tell but if they have got the money to chase Foran than pay Lucky, got a hooker and a half and still have spending money.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Gents,

I know every one is sick of the rumors...but i have just heard the most disgusting thing.
Leilua has just agreed to terms with the low Dogs.

My neighbour works stats for Des Hasler.

Hope he is wrong but thats the mail.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Gents,

I know every one is sick of the rumors...but i have just heard the most disgusting thing.

Does he do the stats just off the TV?

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Forget Leilua if he wants to move on so be it.We do not want or need him if he does not want to be there.I am sure that we will find a replacement and use the money saved wisely on a halfback.So much for time and effort in developing the piece of work.No loyalty whatsoever.

Old Timer

Coach
We the posters on here are all part of the problem of our clubs issues.
People talking it up like they know the ins and outs and have got the inside running on who, what, where and then others falling for it all and in turn bad mouthing players when in actual fact there are no announcements and only assumptions.
How about we all cool it and actually wait for the announcement before we say we don't want them etc.
The commentary on the Kerr thread is all ok as it is actually a confirmed deal.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Gents,

I know the guy. He used to work with Des at Manly too. Here's a test to see if it's the same guy or not - what letter does his christian name start with?

Also, isn't he in Brisbane tonight at the Broncos v Bulldogs game?

Latest posts