What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking back at the bottom 8

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Did you like the bit about Gagai having to play well for the Knights next year

Broncos fans seem to know less about other Rugby League clubs then any other fanbase.

A post that big and THAT'S what you choose to latch on to?

GTFO

Clifferd

Coach
Yes I actually enjoyed it!
And LOL@Tigers finishing 6th, no.
Oh Tedescos a 'hog' now...but wait...isnt he going to retire the best fullback ever?

I think Newcastle will improve immensely and MAYBE Canberra if the attitude changes.

lol

I'm guessing you've never played rugby league in your entire life. Tedesco is a wonderful individual player and yes I still think he will go down as one of the greatest ever. However I don't think he is much a team player, a very valid point.

And lmao @ tipping Newcastle to immensely improve yet tigers somehow won't.

Tigers at the end of this season played 4/6 top 8 teams and took it to every single one of them, winning a few with possibly our shittest roster in history. If Ivan Cleary could get these bunch of Nuffies performing I'm fairly sure he can get a team that will be ten folds better next year firing

Oh but wait Newcastle signed an untested rookie called ponga, a washed up origin player in Guerra and a utility player in Watson! Step back

Clifferd

Coach
The Tigers had the season from hell this year. Everything that could go wrong did plus more.

They played round 26 missing 12, yes 12, of their best side from the start of the year.

They played the second most top 8 sides out of anyone this year and had over $1mil of their cap playing elsewhere.

Every player improved under Cleary and now he'll have a full off season with a team he wants.

In the last 8 rounds they played 6 top 8 sides yet from those 8 weeks have a positive points differential.

There are only positives looking to season 2018 for tigers fans. I really struggle to see how anyone thinks we won't be better then this year. I can't wait.

It's fear

Our team was f**king atrocious this year yet we somehow took it to Cronulla twice, Parra twice, Roosters and Melbourne. The only way is up

Ivan Cleary = immortal

GongPanther

Referee
Peter Sterling has long complained about top 8, and wants to go back to top 5.

Sterling is talking "Eartha Kitt" that the top 8 should go.

Think about it,he does work for Ch 9.How many extra games is it? 2,4? Whatever it is,it's money for jam for his employers.

I call bullshit.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Lol@Wests Tigers...........
Poor rabs20. All alone.

Dry your eyes....
script>

Hutty1986

Immortal
I don't remember anyone having a problem with the eels making the Grand final in 2009. It was a exciting Cinderella story with Jarryd Hayne carrying the Eels on his back. Never has came close to that form again, although teams defenses probably have concentrated more on him after that season.
Except when he won the Dally M medal in 2014 and was a huge reason why NSW broke their Origin drought that same year.

Shorty

Staff member
lol

I'm guessing you've never played rugby league in your entire life. Tedesco is a wonderful individual player and yes I still think he will go down as one of the greatest ever. However I don't think he is much a team player, a very valid point.

Tigers at the end of this season played 4/6 top 8 teams and took it to every single one of them, winning a few with possibly our shittest roster in history. If Ivan Cleary could get these bunch of Nuffies performing I'm fairly sure he can get a team that will be ten folds better next year firing

Oh but wait Newcastle signed an untested rookie called ponga, a washed up origin player in Guerra and a utility player in Watson! Step back
Blah blah how dare you not rate my team.
Let's review this time next year.

Noname36

First Grade
lol

I know this post was meant to be about defending the Tigers (and that's fair enough) but I don't really get your point re the Knights not having much improvement in them just because you don't rate their signings.

The Knights were visibly getting better every game they played this year and made very few additions to the roster through the year. I don't think it's unreasonable to think they'll improve a lot more again with another proper off season under their belts - Jesus they're just babies most of them. I might be biased but I think they've done pretty well considering.

You can't just rely on signings coming in and automatically improving a side. A major part is also seeing improvement in the bulk of squad that was already there.

Clifferd

Coach
I know this post was meant to be about defending the Tigers (and that's fair enough) but I don't really get your point re the Knights not having much improvement in them just because you don't rate their signings.

The Knights were visibly getting better every game they played this year and made very few additions to the roster through the year. I don't think it's unreasonable to think they'll improve a lot more again with another proper off season under their belts - Jesus they're just babies most of them. I might be biased but I think they've done pretty well considering. Browns done a mammoth job.

Haha mate I reckon the Knights will be much much better next year, was just stunned how people saw improvement in Newcastle yet none in Tigers

Still a brand new season and as we know their is always a few surprise packets that sneak in

Noname36

First Grade
Haha mate I reckon the Knights will be much much better next year, was just stunned how people saw improvement in Newcastle yet none in Tigers

Still a brand new season and as we know their is always a few surprise packets that sneak in

I should have added that I don't think the Knights are much if any hope of making the finals next year...but I don't think Gould's prediction that they won't make the finals for another 10 years will happen either. They're really not that bad IMO.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I should have added that I don't think the Knights are much if any hope of making the finals next year...but I don't think Gould's prediction that they won't make the finals for another 10 years will happen either. They're really not that bad IMO.

Just wait until ponga hasn't gotten 20 dally m points after 2 games and read how doomed the club is and what a horrible decision that was.

Just getting out of the basement should be the main priority. With some of the stats over the last 2 seasons swapping gagai with someone who can tackle will make a huge difference in F/A. Somewhere around 10th or 11th isn't a huge ask.

Noname36

First Grade
Just wait until ponga hasn't gotten 20 dally m points after 2 games and read how doomed the club is and what a horrible decision that was.

Just getting out of the basement should be the main priority. With some of the stats over the last 2 seasons swapping gagai with someone who can tackle will make a huge difference in F/A. Somewhere around 10th or 11th isn't a huge ask.

I don't get where all this nonsense is coming from that the Knights expect Ponga to be a superstar. If he offers more than our fullback options do now he'll be a good signing ... and to be honest that won't be too difficult.