What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowest of the lows

The other day I actually caught myself thinking if a well run side managed to poach Simon and SJ and give them the chance they deserve at a premiership, I'd probably be happy and switch my support. Shows how much I've lost faith in the Warriors as a whole.

You make a real good point about SJ and especially Mannering. If they both were to leave after this year. I can certainly say that I could easily change teams to support. I love the Team but you know what they say about 1 way relationships eh?

If Mannering went to the Storm. I will fully convert myself ASAP

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You make a real good point about SJ and especially Mannering. If they both were to leave after this year. I can certainly say that I could easily change teams to support. I love the Team but you know what they say about 1 way relationships eh?

Yep, Simon busts a gut ever single match and SJ carries the whole rteams failures on his shoulders whenever he isn't winning them games with 1% plays that nobody else can pull off. Both deserve so much more.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Ugh. If Simon went to the Storm I would spontaneously combust. Simon is my favourite sportsperson nigh on of all time and the Storm are my most hated. That would not sit well with me.

I don't feel the same way about teams, incidentally. I'll never support another club, unless ours is dissolved and there's no other NZ side. I will, however, happily not watch as I did this last week. It would have to get pretty damn dire - like Washington General losing streak - for me to not post, not talk about them, actually follow the club etc.

Iafeta

Referee
I love the Warriors. Usually I'd not go on holidays this time of year because I'd be back home for the finals, but here I am poolside in 30 degree blue skies in the US not giving two flying you know what's. I'm not taping the games that I'm away for, as frankly my level of apathy is skyrocketing.

Stress free life here boys. And loving it.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I could never support the Storm, regardless if Simon and SJ BOTH went.

Similar to another poster, I go into every match now with no expectations - well actually, that's a lie. I expect that we will lose. I watch to see how much fight the team have, I watch to see who has potential. I watch to see the body language.

Sadly, unless we have a major overhaul - whether thats player base or staff based, I can't see next year being much different.

Blair

Coach
I support the Storm already, imagine if SJ and the Mann were added to the roster?

I'm drifting off into the Never Never in 2018 with the Warriors if we don't have regime change during the break.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I support the Storm already, imagine if SJ and the Mann were added to the roster?
I reckon they'd lose a couple a games or could very well be the first undefeated NRL side!

Slater, Vuni, Chambers, Scott goes good, Addo Carr, Cronk and JOHNSON! Oh stop it. Then you got the pack, tackle hungry Finnucane and Mannering etc...Id still be a Warriors fan but Id watch all of the Storms games with those 2 in there.

Blair

Coach
I'm probably going to the final round game at Leichhardt, it was set up at the start of the season to be a belter and I'd pencilled it in my diary.

I've never been there.

I do have an anecdote, 2008 and this AFL guy at the Rissole was banging on about how superior his game was to mine. Warriors v Tigers at Leichhardt was the big screen TV. The Warriors scored this ripping try, with Sonny Fai all explosive speed and power down the touchline, I turned to my Victorian 'friend' and said, 'AFL just can't produce moments like that'.

We won a cliffhanger, Tigers score on the buzzer, but Hodgson misses the kick that would've forced golden-point. Crowd in a frenzy, they would've won.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I reckon they'd lose a couple a games or could very well be the first undefeated NRL side!

Slater, Vuni, Chambers, Scott goes good, Addo Carr, Cronk and JOHNSON! Oh stop it. Then you got the pack, tackle hungry Finnucane and Mannering etc...Id still be a Warriors fan but Id watch all of the Storms games with those 2 in there.

Mouthwatering stuff. Johnson and Mannering are two players that really deserve a premiership, Mannering more so, he never goes missing.

I've said it before, Vuni (a Fijian National) arrived at the Storm via NZ rugby union. He was right under our noses and we missed him.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I'm probably going to the final round game at Leichhardt, it was set up at the start of the season to be a belter and I'd pencilled it in my diary.

I've never been there.

I do have an anecdote, 2008 and this AFL guy at the Rissole was banging on about how superior his game was to mine. It Warriors v Tigers at Leichhardt on TV. The Warriors score this ripping try, with Sonny Fai all explosive speed and power down the touchline, I turn to my Victorian 'friend' and said, 'AFL just can't produce moments like that'.

We won a cliffhanger, Tigers score on the buzzer, but Hodgson misses the kick that would've forced golden-point. Crowd in a frenzy, they would've won.

Make sure to go, you won't regret, not many better places to watch footy, get there for the early games and you'll hear some real characters shouting out rubbish too lol

Went to a Warriors v Tigers game there 4 seasons back, think it might have been Benjis farewell, plenty of great tries scored with the warriors just getting up from memory

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

Rich102

Staff member
I love the Warriors. Usually I'd not go on holidays this time of year because I'd be back home for the finals, but here I am poolside in 30 degree blue skies in the US not giving two flying you know what's. I'm not taping the games that I'm away for, as frankly my level of apathy is skyrocketing.

Enjoy!

Cold Roses

Juniors

Massively jealous. We were there for 4 weeks back in April, and 7 weeks last year. Might not manage it again until April next year.

Where are you?

Iafeta

Referee
Currently LA. Been to San Francisco and done Napa and the Pacific Coast Highway. Got San Diego and Vegas to come. :) Saw Gary Busey stumbling around Santa Monica today (seemed in his usual condition)

Two things I've noticed that concern me greatly. Charlie was quoted saying he's looking forward to his next move as he wants to go to a club that can improve him. And Issac. Comes out and says he's talking to his manager about his "exit" from playing and that he wants to hang around but not be in the way of the younger boys. Newsflash Issac, the best way to prepare them is to be your best so they have to excel to take your spot and can learn what made Issac Luke once a great player.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Currently LA. Been to San Francisco and done Napa and the Pacific Coast Highway. Got San Diego and Vegas to come. :) Saw Gary Busey stumbling around Santa Monica today (seemed in his usual condition)

Legend. We drove from Missisipi to Oregon via California/PCH last year. Love San Diego. Try and get to one of the Broken Yolk Cafes for breakfast if you get the chance. There's one in Mission Valley and one in Point Loma.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Newsflash Issac, the best way to prepare them is to be your best so they have to excel to take your spot and can learn what made Issac Luke once a great player.

How about you try showing up fit after the off season and being ready for the coming year. Perfect example of someone who saw us as a cruisey last big contract option. I really hope he's not in the leadership group this year. If he is, he needs to take a backseat next year.

Latest posts