What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowest of the lows

Blair

Coach
Meh both did a great job

Kearney true to form, unfortunately -given how bad his record was you had to expect some improvement but he's a special one, no mistake. His selections and the appalling style we are implementing are spectacular

Doyle is held in high regard but can't be blameless IMO

All true, but just this weekend I've started to give up flirting with the chance of snagging a desperate Dessie (today's flogging of Manly might've done enough for him to be given, another, reprieve at Belmore) and accepting that Kearney needs to be given his full three years in charge.

We made our bed by signing him.

Rich102

Staff member
May result in the death of the club though. Or at least it going bankrupt.

vvvrulz

Coach
Speaking of lows, we have a good manly side next before heading to Liechart.

Let's assume we lose the last two. The titans have a very winnable game against the dogs and could get ahead of us, tigpies beat us, and by some miracle the Knights get two wins. If for/against goes their way, its spoon time!

Blair

Coach
Speaking of lows, we have a good manly side next before heading to Liechart.

Let's assume we lose the last two. The titans have a very winnable game against the dogs and could get ahead of us, tigpies beat us, and by some miracle the Knights get two wins. If for/against goes their way, its spoon time!

Or at least the 'Clayton's spoon'. Where we finish equal last but sneak home on points diff.

Charming stuff.

JJ

Immortal
My god we have a good draw - this season is soooo disastrous/embarrassing on so many levels

Iafeta

Referee
Well let's see...

We've successfully turned our champion NYC team into comfortable wooden spooners with minimal prospects to pick from

We've lost 4326 players and recruited 2 full timers

We've supposedly had the best spine in the comp. One of which has nose dived off a cliff and become a fat merkin, another who is a broken skeleton of a player. And here we are nearly claiming our first ever wooden spoon (good news, we win it next year sorry for the spoilers)

We could've had Bellamy a year or three ago but decided we couldn't wait a full season til he could come, and also Watson decided at the last second to throw around money like a man with no arms.

Now we have a coach with a c.25-30% win record.

Our owners clearing out of dodge and a childcare owner is our most likely option. Although short arms long pockets Eric is now suggesting that maybe he can stay on with Jim D to form a majority ownership with the minority from the fans. Sounds great but let's be honest the fans will be utterly powerless as Jim can always keep his job simply by voting with Eric so basically this is a crowdfunding exercise to line Erics pockets for no reward. Yet we have old mate Betham selling it like it's the second coming of Christ.

We have Nathan Friend saying that the Warriors were the laziest trainers he's ever played with. Comfortably.

We have a former coach saying players go to the Warriors and get worse. No arguments can be made at the moment.

Simons career is nearing an end and we are absolutely ballsing any opportunity this champion has of getting a title.

We've gone from having three teams in the 2011 Grand Final to this.

We let Ivan go. Allegedly we passed him up for Steve Kearney as well. Wow.

We have a dude who could have earnt massive overs for 4 years whilst living in his homeland turning us down to go to the wooden spooners presumably because he likes the cut of their gib better.

So yes, yes I would say this is the utter depths of hell now for this joke of a club.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Course it's the depth. Don't be mistaken though, we have a shovel that's capable of digging us even deeper next year, as you say.

When did Nathan Friend say that about us? I respect that bloke massively, and he's not the sort of guy to lay the slipper in. Another sad indictment.

vvvrulz

Coach
When did Nathan Friend say that about us? I respect that bloke massively, and he's not the sort of guy to lay the slipper in. Another sad indictment.

If he did, I'm glad Friend said that and I hope more is on the way.

It's about time our club got completely exposed for what it currently is. Get it all out there and leave nothing behind, it's the only hope we have of clearing the shed and starting again.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If he did, I'm glad Friend said that and I hope more is on the way.

It's about time our club got completely exposed for what it currently is. Get it all out there and leave nothing behind, it's the only hope we have of clearing the shed and starting again.

Agreed.

I think Hoffman will be giving us one after he leaves.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Forgot to mention, for anyone who follows the Warriors on social media...the stench throughout the club extends to that department as well.

Mr Social Media (I see you, no doubt you look on the forums) please stop picking petty battles with fans. Sarcastic tweets about the number of seats at Canberra Stadium, the number of runs Foran makes, SJ's numbers, and others...it's a shitty look. We as fans are angry, you're going to have to allow it.

vvvrulz

Coach
I just hate the fact that anyone who produces justified criticism gets told to stop being a "hater" and gtfo

Blair

Coach
Forgot to mention, for anyone who follows the Warriors on social media...the stench throughout the club extends to that department as well.

Mr Social Media (I see you, no doubt you look on the forums) please stop picking petty battles with fans. Sarcastic tweets about the number of seats at Canberra Stadium, the number of runs Foran makes, SJ's numbers, and others...it's a shitty look. We as fans are angry, you're going to have to allow it.

Angry and not going to games they'd usually go to, such as me with the recent Souths game at Olympic Park.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I just hate the fact that anyone who produces justified criticism gets told to stop being a "hater" and gtfo

Ugh, this is my greatest dislike. Also one of the reasons, albeit small I suppose, that our side gets away with being mediocre. The media don't go hard, and a lot of our fans consider any reasoned criticism to be from the 'haterz'. Players' social media accounts get filled up with praise even when they're training half-assed and not producing - Konrad being the prime example.

James Gavet I exclude from that. He is such a high-quality guy, with the work for charity he's doing, the work he puts in, what he's achieved.

Rich102

Staff member
Ironic that Cappy was replaced for not making the 8 but this year we are going to be further down the ladder, from a much better draw, and Kearney is safe. To much "process" and not enough accountability.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ironic that Cappy was replaced for not making the 8 but this year we are going to be further down the ladder, from a much better draw, and Kearney is safe. To much "process" and not enough accountability.

Cappy did get 2.5 years though.

Latest posts