What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowest of the lows

LeagueNut

First Grade
I made a graph to see just how low we've sunk. The dark blue line tracks wins & losses (+1 for a win, -1 for a loss) and the orange line is our for-and-against.

Long story short = yes this is comfortably the lowest we've ever been.

*Graph updated to include that "best sporting franchise in Australasia" nonsense.warriors graph.png

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
This team was shit on paper (apart from Price and Mckinnon) plus, nearly half the team were Aussies. We need to get rid of the bros.

Benek

Juniors
Awesome work LeagueNut. But that's scary reading. The decline is as clear as day.

Watched first half and defense of Wallabies looked a lot like Warriors.
Was wondering if Warriors could of picked up a ABs fitness coach, but a lot of walking going on, so probably wouldn't work in league.
We all know ABs have the cream of the crop to pick from, the competitions are strong and haven't seen to many successful union boys come across to league late in the game, they have to be picked up at school boy level, by successful NRL clubs.

Rich102

Staff member
I made a graph to see just how low we've sunk. The dark blue line tracks wins & losses (+1 for a win, -1 for a loss) and the orange line is our for-and-against.

Long story short = yes this is comfortably the lowest we've ever been.View attachment 14848

That's the best summation of the Warrior's history I have seen.
Monie did real good.
Anderson was great; lifted to standard. And he didn't just buy stars.
Cleary really just maintained a flat line.
Since then it's been a steady decline.
How about updating it at seasons end, not long I know, and then at the end of each season?

That's the best summation of the Warrior's history I have seen.
Monie did real good.
Anderson was great; lifted to standard. And he didn't just buy stars.
Since then it's been a steady decline.
How about updating it at seasons end, not long I know, and then at the end of each season?
You would have to throw in a mid season review! :)

And probably a post coach sacking update. :)

Warriorsoul

Juniors
Anderson and Cleary did exactly what the best coaches do. Honestly, when was the last time a premiership was won by a team jampacked with stars? Bellamy gets the best out of players like neilson and lowrie and I don't think its any coincidence that players often suck wholesale when they leave the Storm.
I think maybe SK subscribes to this theory, but lacks the motivational skills that Bellamy has. Bellamy takes a team of grafters, molds them around some genuine talent, drills them mercilessly, and has them beleiving they're invincible. You'd never see him telling them and their fans that's its not about winning.

I'm picking the Tigers under Cleary for next year BTW

LeagueNut

First Grade
Too easy - I already keep it updated after each match anyway : )

Just edited it to include the infamous "best sporting franchise in Australasia" announcement. Interesting to see at Bluey's coaching tenure didn't turn to shit until after those proclamations.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

To be fair to Ivan his tenure would be a modest but steady improvement if you took 2009 off the graph, and we know that year's failure was something of an anomaly due to Sonny Fai's death.

Blair

Coach
To be fair to Ivan his tenure would be a modest but steady improvement if you took 2009 off the graph, and we know that year's failure was something of an anomaly due to Sonny Fai's death.

If we're comparing Anderson to Cleary surely the former had the stronger squad?

AuckMel

Bench
I got home late from work on friday watched about 10 minutes and turned it off. I seldom last a game these days. Just want to see them win and I couldn't give a toss who plays for them.

JJ

Immortal
If we're comparing Anderson to Cleary surely the former had the stronger squad?
Meh both did a great job

Kearney true to form, unfortunately -given how bad his record was you had to expect some improvement but he's a special one, no mistake. His selections and the appalling style we are implementing are spectacular

Doyle is held in high regard but can't be blameless IMO

Latest posts