What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 27 vs St Geo Illa @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Carlton / Bidjigal

Who will win? Round 27: St Geo Illa v Newcastle

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Woody90

Juniors
1. Lachlan Miller 2. Dominic Young 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Adam Clune 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Fa'amanu Brown 10. Leo Thompson 11. Dylan Lucas 12. Brodie Jones 13. Adam Elliott

14. Riley Jones 15. Daniel Saifiti 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker

18. Jack Johns 19. Oryn Keeley 20. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 21. Jackson Hastings 22. David Armstrong

Out: Kalyn Ponga (fullback), Dane Gagai (centre), Phoenix Crossland (hooker), Tyson Frizell (second row)
In: Lachlan Miller (fullback), Enari Tuala (centre), Brodie Jones (second row), Riley Jones (bench)
Changes: Fa'amanu Brown (bench to hooker)

Still an ok side (back row probably the weakest we’ve had though). We should still be aiming to win to keep momentum flowing. I hope Hastings comes in and plays 30-40 mins just to get some runs in his legs and time back with Gamble.

Happy Friz and Gags are getting a rest. They’re too valuable coming into finals.

Yosh

Coach
Crossland with a well deserved break. I'm interested to see more of this Brown fella. If he can play back row as well looks like an interesting option to keep around.

perverse

Referee
Just read an interview with Gamble on nrl.com that suggests Gags might be going to fullback this weekend and not Miller, with Lucas shifting to the centres to fill in. Has he accidentally let the cat out of the bag here?

edit - nevermind... I assume he's talking about the week prior and the article is poorly formatted. Still a good read about Tyson all the same, he seems really happy.

Apey

Staff member
I'm still tipping us. But I get a lot of Knights games wrong.

Yosh

Coach
Good chance for the second string lads to put their hands up for a run in the finals if (heaven forbid) one of our regulars get an injury. Motivation surely not and issue and the Dragons suck hard so I reckon we win this by 20.

Woody90

Juniors
I initially thought we didn’t have that many out, but when I look at it:
Fullback
Halfback
Hooker
2 starting backrowers
1 staring prop
1 starting centre
Bench utility

Hhmm yeah they’ll probably beat us.

Jono078

Referee
I feel concerned both Safs are playing. I think we need both to firing for us to go far into the finals. I

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
One of the main reasons for our improvement was due to having same team play for a month and a half. I give us a chance in this game,but I believe it’s unlikely we’ll get the 2 points.

perverse

Referee
5% less confident without Leo's defence through the middle but we're still the better side on paper and will be full of confidence. Think I'd start Croker over Hetherington though.
Wow I love your confidence! I give us no hope here, but I hope I'm wrong. Too many out, but I'm looking forward to seeing a few of the kids run around and hopefully give a good account of themselves.

Apey

Staff member
I'm the same, less confident with each out but I still think we will win.