What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 6: Cowboys v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon Moses is close to being a really good player but we are a mess at the moment and I think most of that mess is due to these guys not signing contracts. He might also not kick on and again for what he appears to be asking and his off field actions if he goes it's not a bad outcome for us.

If that game showed anything as well it is that our top players aren't the guys who win us games. The team has to perform. It was guys like McIlwrick, Liddle, MCK, Sulli, Nofo, Grant that really put in.

At the moment I think I want Woods gone because his asking price and his performances both on and off the field are so out of alignment. For the right price he is a great prop. For overs he is a waste of money. Tedesco is worth paying big dollars for but only with a gun team around him.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I was going to say that he really could be a special player. The main downside I see with him is that I think he could be cancer to a club especially with his uncle/cousin whatever as his manager.
It's in his defective DNA.The sooner we f**k this excrement of to parra the better !!

Tiger Ted

Bench
MacIlrick is becoming my favourite player pretty quickly.
I just can never remember how to spell the guys name.

Post game, Teddy gets asked what Ivan said all week - he said "play with more intensity" No shit.

Cowboys were off today, but we played well to.

Very happy with that. Especially with the look of excitement on Teddys face after the last try. Another win or two I reckon Teddy stays. Woods really stood up last night to, But that defence..... wow. .
Teddy is an impressionable simpleton.Teddy will do whatever the vermin wehbe & Isaac tell him to do.Hence i will b shocked if he remains although I wouldn't mind if he did !

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Cowboys were very poor & we did everything possible in the 2nd half to try & lose, but a wins a win & hopefully that will remind the boys how it feels. I think after a long losing stretch you forget how to win a game & you stop believing in your ability. It's like when you're on a long dry spell, you've been holding out for a decent girl but it's been so long you've completely forgotten how to close the deal. So you lower your standards, scrape the bottom of the barrell just so you can get that inkling of a feeling of how it feels to win again. You know you can do better, and you swear to yourself next time you will do better. But hey, the pressures off now, you've got your confidence back.

hahahahahahaha...Absolute classis...But SO TRUE....

Tiger Woody

Juniors
That was obviously our best 1st half all year. And our defense won us the game in the end after we made too many f**king errors but somehow our scramble kept coming. Was fantastic

Interesting Teddy and Moses seemed genuinely happy, no sign of a club in disarray at all. Woods didn't seem all that crash hot though honestly

Woods with his body language and press conference gives me the impression hes already signed elsewhere......or has decided too.

Teddy was all smiles and happy...So maybe he might stay.....hopefully.

We could swap Woods for Graham ,that would be impressive.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Yeah i was at the game. Woods was definitely distracted. Moses was very upbeat and animated. What a difference it made with jones on the wing, the fact that the gimp taylor persisted for 2 seasons with it proves he should not be a first grade coach. Suli and isris were great, as was mcillwrick. Jt was shut down all night, and with him gone so are the cowboys for the season.

Call him Grace..It relates better...lol

Tiger Woody

Juniors
MacIlrick is becoming my favourite player pretty quickly.
I just can never remember how to spell the guys name.

Post game, Teddy gets asked what Ivan said all week - he said "play with more intensity" No shit.

Cowboys were off today, but we played well to.

Very happy with that. Especially with the look of excitement on Teddys face after the last try. Another win or two I reckon Teddy stays. Woods really stood up last night to, But that defence..... wow. .

we might have to do the Grace Jones thingo here and call him MM......i cant spell either

Tiger05

First Grade
Noticed numerous times when we really need some composure after a few mistakes that he left it to others/wingers to bash it off our own line. Laughably overrated.

Honestly he is the most overrated prop in the game. Did you see when a tough hit up is required how it's typically someone else that has to do it. There was one point last night when he hit it up as well and I think it was Vossy said that's not going to get the job done. It was another soft hit-up.

Then you see Taumalolo hit it up they buckle.

Woods does get metres and he can ball play but he needs a gun set of forwards around him.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
McIlwrick & Liddle were both pretty good. McIlwrick was really good. Woods showed to me that he is overpaid. Comparing him to Taumalolo is laughable. Woods on the right money is decent but he isn't anywhere the great forwards in the game. I'd rather give some of Woods money to Moses.

Chee Kam was also awesome. He just came up with big plays all game.
Forwards eh. Who needs em.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I have mates who follow other teams..They all think Hillbilly is overrated.
I cant believe he is a SOO and Australian player.
The talk of him captaining NSW is stupidity.......As bad as Cordner being mentioned.
Both of them cant put a decent sentence together...

Watching Hillbilly this year i think he has something on his mind other than his contract....
Maybe spent a bit of time with Simple Simona's 7 away from the football field?Is that why he's keen to leave?..The mind boggles

Clifferd

Coach
Honestly he is the most overrated prop in the game. Did you see when a tough hit up is required how it's typically someone else that has to do it. There was one point last night when he hit it up as well and I think it was Vossy said that's not going to get the job done. It was another soft hit-up.

Then you see Taumalolo hit it up they buckle.

Woods does get metres and he can ball play but he needs a gun set of forwards around him.

Apparently Woods earned himself a bench spot on NSWRL team of the week selection on the bench. What a joke. I thought he was probably our worst

When LoLo ran over the top of him for a try that just defined his softness

Tiger05

First Grade
We get it. You hate Woods.

I don't hate him at all. I think he is a good prop. I even think he is a quality prop. I think he is so far off being a $900k player though it isn't funny. You saw last night when we need the big hit-ups our guys who play tough up the middle did the job - Ava, Sue & Grant. The thing is Woods isn't that much better than these guys and he does a lot of soft hit-ups whereas the other 3 guys belt it up hard.

The run from Taumalolo over the top of Woods shows just how tough Woods is up the middle. If Taumalolo is worth a million a season how much is Wood's worth ?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I don't hate him at all. I think he is a good prop. I even think he is a quality prop. I think he is so far off being a $900k player though it isn't funny. You saw last night when we need the big hit-ups our guys who play tough up the middle did the job - Ava, Sue & Grant. The thing is Woods isn't that much better than these guys and he does a lot of soft hit-ups whereas the other 3 guys belt it up hard.

The run from Taumalolo over the top of Woods shows just how tough Woods is up the middle. If Taumalolo is worth a million a season how much is Wood's worth ?

I would offer Hillbilly max of 650K.........but maybe as hes a SOO and Australian rep there is a minimum $$$?
Hes reminding me a bit of the "soft shoe shuffler " Crystal Heighington....twinkle toeing it after hes been stopped.
Probably got the stud marks still on his forehead from being trampled by Taumalolo.

Tiger05

First Grade
TW - any more than that is overs. I even think 650k is really pushing it. We need some edge forwards with impact. I'd pay 650k for Hess. He'd make a massive difference to our team.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I would offer Hillbilly max of 650K.........but maybe as hes a SOO and Australian rep there is a minimum $$$?
Hes reminding me a bit of the "soft shoe shuffler " Crystal Heighington....twinkle toeing it after hes been stopped.
Probably got the stud marks still on his forehead from being trampled by Taumalolo.
I think his mind is made up & the temptation to share the same bed as klemmerntine when the dogs play outside of Sydney is the clincher re his decision to sacrifice the WT captaincy & turn his back on 2040.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I think his mind is made up & the temptation to share the same bed as klemmerntine when the dogs play outside of Sydney is the clincher re his decision to sacrifice the WT captaincy & turn his back on 2040.

Yes and his wife wouldnt know whats going on either..good point.
But,he does like" having a feed with the missus and dog, while watching telly",so he might miss that.

Latest posts