What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Morgan

Jordan

Juniors
Morgan isn't just a running five eighth. He has all the skills to be a great halfback, Green is simplifying his role and developing him slowly. Watch the Dragons game without the origin players last year, Morgan almost led them to victory from halfback. He has played at halfback more than any other position.

Good call.

Morgo is clutch personified. Still only 25 too. The sky is the limit for him.

Canard

Immortal
A very ood player.
s4_03_wal_16.jpg

Fangs

Coach
That made me feel nauseous and thats exactly how I feel every time Michael Morgan touches the ball.

elyod138

Bench
Good call.

Morgo is clutch personified. Still only 25 too. The sky is the limit for him.
Yep, he showed he had all the ability to be a great halfback years ago, he just never had the self belief to take it to the next level. He lacked confidence and was considering giving the game away.

Green slowly built his confidence up by simplifying his role in the team by making it running based, from fullback and 6. Morgan excelled when focusing on his running, which built his confidence up and even got him rep honours.

He continued to play the simplified role until JT went down. After being given control of the team there were a couple of patchy weeks at first where he was lost, but once he took ownership of the team he started to use his confidence to back his natural ability as a halfback.

At the moment we're seeing the natural ability of a confident player. He hasn't had an off season performing this role, let alone several years like most halfbacks and he's playing like one of the best in the game.

He's just going to get better from here, he hasn't used a lot of his halfback skills in the NRL until now, especially the organisation, because his role has been simplified for years. Practice is going to improve his game considerably.

Saxon

Bench
I just can't see why the next Queensland halves would not be Hunt and Milford. They are the perfect option while being individually two of the most talented halves in the comp, they are already an amazing combination and will only improve.

Everyone watch they will be Queensland and Australia's halves pairing in the next 5 years.
Hahahahaha

Morgan and Munster would eat them alive. There's your future.

Reactions: Vee

Danoz Direct

Juniors
Hahahahaha

Well I was pretty wrong haha.

Really underestimated Michael Morgan, also I think everyone did.

I still think Milford will progress to become the Australian five-eight with Morgan at halfback and Ben Hunt at hooker when Smith retires.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal

I still think Milford will progress to become the Australian five-eight with Morgan at halfback and Ben Hunt at hooker when Smith retires.
But isn't Cleary the next jt?

Someguy

First Grade
with him and Munster in the halves, QLD will be fine for a few more years

Hahahahaha

Have we all forgotten Brodie Croft?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i think the halves options for upcoming origin series is looking promising

j friend/McCullough/Granville replacing smith is a bit more concerning. Not that they are numpties but missing someone who not just performs but dominates at that level will be tough

big hit!

Bench

j friend/McCullough/Granville replacing smith is a bit more concerning. Not that they are numpties but missing someone who not just performs but dominates at that level will be tough

i guess hunt will be a HB again next season so that hurts his claims as a #9 once smith retires, but Granville is my pick among those 3. the broncos let the wrong one go

All 3 are better then anyone NSW have though.