What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein

Red V for life

Juniors
anyone watched his interview, he was def chocked when asked about playing again at Kogorah.
I really felt for him, his go no one to blame but himself
Yeah, I saw it too mate and I felt the same. He had shortfalls in his game, but clearly never wanted to leave.

Interesting what Brandy said in the post game when talking about McInnes and he said something like Rein was never allowed to play that style. He was just told to pass. Maybe the blame should be shared.

mobels

Juniors
Yeah, I saw it too mate and I felt the same. He had shortfalls in his game, but clearly never wanted to leave.

Interesting what Brandy said in the post game when talking about McInnes and he said something like Rein was never allowed to play that style. He was just told to pass. Maybe the blame should be shared.
As much as I liked Rein as person because could tell he genuinely cared for the team, he was absolutely allowed to play the same style that McIness played today. In fact Rein frequently ran from dummy half almost every set, he's just not at the standard of being a first grade starter.

Last edited:

RedVDragon

Juniors

What do you expect brandy to say. He is paid by the panthers and was involved in giving the vote to sign him. If Rein was that good why didn't he get a run today. Anyway we played well because Rein wasn't there. Wish you well Rein whilst you keep the bench warm and make sure the Gatorade bottles are filled for the boys oh and don't forget to clean the change rooms when the game is over, turn the lights off on the way out.

FlameThrower

Bench

There's lies a conflict of interest, and if commentators have a formal involvement with a Club, they should not be commentating on game day. Brandy is on the Board of the Panthers, at least Gus Gould does not commentate when Panthers are playing.

possm

Coach
Reins a decent footballer. Just didn't fit in with our squad, but then who does? He'll do well in the right structure under a good leader.
Rein was given every opportunity to improve over a number of years but didn't seem to do so. I hope he finds a home in the NRL but not at the Dragons thank you very much. Maybe the ESL would be a good fit.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Rein was given every opportunity to improve over a number of years but didn't seem to do so. I hope he finds a home in the NRL but not at the Dragons thank you very much. Maybe the ESL would be a good fit.

Agreed, certainly no hard feelings toward Rein but I never rated him and with his permanent forward pass ploy and his hair done up like a tart, I he wasn't one of my favourites. Hope he finds his level.

TheFrog

Coach
There's lies a conflict of interest, and if commentators have a formal involvement with a Club, they should not be commentating on game day. Brandy is on the Board of the Panthers, at least Gus Gould does not commentate when Panthers are playing.
Alexander didn't call yesterday's game. The comments caller was Kimmorley. Alexander seems to go out of his way to be unbiased. He was on the studio panel and praised the Dragons for their performance.

getsmarty

Immortal
I think the real issue with Mitch Rein was his asking price. Manager wanted too much and knocked back our offer and he got burnt badly. Penrith got him for next to nothing.

possm

Coach
Not the first player to be in that position and I'm sure will not be the last. So now Rein should dump his manager.

TheFrog

Coach
Penrith needed an experienced back up for the 9 at a bargain price. Rein fit the bill. He's in a strong reserve grade side and it wouldn't surprise me to see him make the bench as the season goes on but he needs to do more in reggies than he did yesterday. You need to dominate reserve grade to be up to first grade.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Like I said, he has no one to blame but himself, crap service from dummy half and to top it off priced himself out of the club

Was never better than a back up 9

McIness service from Dummy Half was a refreshing change

No ball runner had to stop in mid stride a take a ball behind him or overhead or have his ankles tested

Bench
I think that for Mitch to improve his game he needed a fresh start with a new coach. I think he is a genuine person and wish him well

SaintPeter

Juniors
Apart from M Rein etc ....

just wanted to say....

How bloody good was our line speed in defense yesterday. Fantastic ! I say, and a big improvement from last year. Keep it up you beauties. Go the dragons.

watatank

Coach

That's not true. The club saw Rein as a player they could build around for years and tried to develop him that way. He just wasn't up to it. McInnes is not doing anything extraordinary but we can already see him play the way we hoped Rein could