What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2016 NSW Origin Team

MF88

Juniors
I re read it. Still doesn't make sense

Tedesco can ball play, albeit not as good as Moylan maybe but has an absolutely devastating running game

You do realise he had 2 try assists and 2 line break assists against Souffs right?

Watch some of the plays last year where he chimed in the backline and set up his wingers
You clearly misread it. I can't help that.

I'm glad you concede he isn't as good a ball player as Moylan. No shit he has a dangerous running game. Nobody said otherwise.

Yeah I watched the Souths game. Invoking those stats is either disingenuous or you don't know what ball playing is. Here's a hint. Ball playing is not drawing the opposition fullback and passing. Nor is it throwing an offload whilst being tackled. Jeez....

Clifferd

Coach
You clearly misread it. I can't help that.

I'm glad you concede he isn't as good a ball player as Moylan. No shit he has a dangerous running game. Nobody said otherwise.

Yeah I watched the Souths game. Invoking those stats is either disingenuous or you don't know what ball playing is. Here's a hint. Ball playing is not drawing the opposition fullback and passing. Nor is it throwing an offload whilst being tackled. Jeez....

So running at the line opening up space for a rampaging Chris Lawrence running an unders line scoring that try was not ball playing? That's the exact same sort of stuff moylan is good at and he gets praised like a god

Like I said, watch some of his highlights last year chiming in the back line throwing cut out passes setting up his wingers

You're delusional if you don't think teddy can ball play at all lol

MF88

Juniors
So running at the line opening up space for a rampaging Chris Lawrence running an unders line scoring that try was not ball playing?

Like I said, watch some of his highlights last year chiming in the back line throwing cut out passes setting up his wingers

You're delusional if you don't think teddy can ball play at all lol
Are you trolling or just incapable of arguing without misrepresenting the other person's point of view?

Where did I say the Lawrence try wasn't ball playing? Oh right, I specifically didn't mention it. Where did I say he can't ball play at all? Oh right I didn't. I said he is primarily a ball runner.

Honestly dude...

Clifferd

Coach
Are you trolling or just incapable of arguing without misrepresenting the other person's point of view?

Where did I say the Lawrence try wasn't ball playing? Oh right, I specifically didn't mention it. Where did I say he can't ball play at all? Oh right I didn't. I said he is primarily a ball runner.

Honestly dude...

"You need that extra ball player to sub-side Maloney/Pearce"

How tf would that not imply you are saying Tedesco isn't a ball player?

You went on as if he doesn't have a bit of ball playing skill about him at all. He is by far NSW's best fullback option no question

Last edited:

MF88

Juniors
"You need that extra ball player to sub-side Maloney/Pearce"

How tf would that not imply you are saying Tedesco isn't a ball player?
Seems like I have to spell it out since you struggle to understand the plain meaning of words.

1.Tedesco is not primarily a ball-player. Yes he has some ball-playing ability but he is clearly more in the traditional mould - a ball runner with great support play. He is nothing like Moylan and Hayne who are primarily ball-players, with a serviceable kicking game. They're secondary five-eighths essentially.

2.Put aside any consideration or opinion regarding who you think the better player is. Look at the likely NSW spine. Where is the creativity coming from? Any fair-minded person would, I think, agree they're lacking in that area. So you can do one of two things. Either pick a traditional style fullback, or a modern one. Tedesco may be the better player but there's no way his style is better suited to the current, likely Blues spine than Moylan or Hayne.

If NSW had QLD's halves, yeah I'd pick Tedesco, because we already have all the creativity we need.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Teddy is great but running is his strength, not his ballplaying. Not to say he has none of it in his game but its definitely secondary to his skillset

If we have Maloney and Moylan in the halves then I can see Teddy working and working well

I think it will be less effective if the rumours/media talk is true and we see Pearce in the halves. In that case Id like a guy like Hayne at the back instead and have Teddy on the wing

First and foremost though i want form to be the deciding factor that decides selections. Right now its clear Teddy is in front as the NSW fullback

MF88

Juniors
Practically no chance of Moylan and Maloney imo. Reynolds/Maloney, Pearce/Maloney, shit even Reynolds/Pearce have a better chance.

Clifferd

Coach
Seems like I have to spell it out since you struggle to understand the plain meaning of words.

1.Tedesco is not primarily a ball-player. Yes he has some ball-playing ability but he is clearly more in the traditional mould - a ball runner with great support play. He is nothing like Moylan and Hayne who are primarily ball-players, with a serviceable kicking game. They're secondary five-eighths essentially.

2.Put aside any consideration or opinion regarding who you think the better player is. Look at the likely NSW spine. Where is the creativity coming from? Any fair-minded person would, I think, agree they're lacking in that area. So you can do one of two things. Either pick a traditional style fullback, or a modern one. Tedesco may be the better player but there's no way his style is better suited to the current, likely Blues spine than Moylan or Hayne.

If NSW had QLD's halves, yeah I'd pick Tedesco, because we already have all the creativity we need.

Ok you're right, pick the same players that have worked so well for the NSW over the last 11 years.

Don't pick arguably the best player in the comp because we have incompetent halves? right lol

Clifferd

Coach
Basically the most geniused thing I've ever read

Tedesco could score 30 tries leading up to origin, but because it wouldn't fit nsws mould don't pick him

MF88

Juniors
Ok you're right, pick the same players that have worked so well for the NSW over the last 11 years.

Don't pick arguably the best player in the comp because we have incompetent halves?
11 years? Lol wtf?

Games at fullback for NSW:
Moylan 2
Tedesco 1

Where do you get the nerve/stupidity to make a comment like that? You are one of the most intellectually dishonest people I've ever talked with. You seem incapable of arguing against someone without grossly misstating their view.

MF88

Juniors
Basically the most geniused thing I've ever read

Tedesco could score 30 tries leading up to origin, but because it wouldn't fit nsws mould don't pick him
Another ridiculous hypothetical. When you fail to engage with the points being made it just comes off like you haven't got an argument.

Clifferd

Coach
Practically no chance of Moylan and Maloney imo. Reynolds/Maloney, Pearce/Maloney, shit even Reynolds/Pearce have a better chance.

Ok this confirms you're on drugs pretty much

There is every chance Maloney/Moylan could be the halves, the exact same combination that won game 3 last year?

But imo it'll be Pearce/Maloney

MF88

Juniors
It's especially funny for you to say in jest 'oh yeah pick the same players as the last 11 years...'

I'm the one advocating picking a ball playing fullback ala Hayne in 2014. You know, the last time the Blues won a series. lol

MF88

Juniors
Ok this confirms you're on drugs pretty much

There is every chance Maloney/Moylan could be the halves, the exact same combination that won game 3 last year?

But imo it'll be Pearce/Maloney
Absolute nonsense. Maloney/Moylan only occurred purely because Reynolds and Pearce were both unavailable. It's not even close to Daley's first choice.

Clifferd

Coach
It's especially funny for you to say in jest 'oh yeah pick the same players as the last 11 years...'

I'm the one advocating picking a ball playing fullback ala Hayne in 2014. You know, the last time the Blues won a series. lol

Hayne has to prove his worth. Like many others have said, no use picking players on past glories (Hayne)

If Haynes form warrants selection, then yes. Pick him 100%

Since coming back to the NRL he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire has he

Clifferd

Coach
Absolute nonsense. Maloney/Moylan only occurred purely because Reynolds and Pearce were both unavailable. It's not even close to Daley's first choice.

You said there is no chance though...uhhh when there is a chance they could, in fact pair in the halves together...

Players like Moylan are the future of the Blues, he will be there somewhere but not fullback. So basically either utility or five eight

MF88

Juniors
Hayne has to prove his worth. Like many others have said, no use picking players on past glories (Hayne)

If Haynes form warrants selection, then yes. Pick him 100%

Since coming back to the NRL he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire has he
Ugh...I'm not advocating picking Hayne. It was an analogy.

You said there is no chance though...uhhh when there is a chance they could, in fact pair in the halves together...

Players like Moylan are the future of the Blues, he will be there somewhere but not fullback. So basically either utility or five eight
I said virtually no chance, which is accurate. Reynolds, Pearce and Maloney are all ahead of Moylan. 2 of those three will have to be injured for Moylan to play in the halves.

Saying there is every chance of it happening is just wishful thinking on your part. Daley loves Pearce. Maloney isn't going anywhere and Reynolds was called in for Pearce before getting injured, himself.

Latest posts