What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Coach

I think that Doust will punt McGregor. That way Mary will be the sacrificial lamb and Doust comes out smelling like a rose
If you believe that then you will be believe fairies are real and I don't mean the Dragons first grade players.

Uplifting

Juniors
I use to enjoy the off season to some extent , mainly as it ( time ) soften the lows of a bad year , but more so as the news on just who the Dragons could possibly be signing .

But it really does not matter who comes to the Joint Venture over the next 2 years , as that maniac Mary McGregor will surely take away whatever ability he may have and for that matter spirit .

Saddens me to say , but the Dragons are now truly a dead-end club and shall continue to be until the board and coach are gone for good .
So true

Dea

Juniors
Last week McGregor labelled two decisions that went against his side in the first half of the Dragons 21-14 defeat "incompetent and embarrassing". This week he should make that statement about his coaching: "incompetent and embarrassing". Maybe add in shameful as well.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Which is the perfect reason to punt Mary. He has reached the limit of his 'cough' capabilities 'cough'.
If I was Mary, I would sack myself especially after the last two games. The excuses for poor form since origin and Widdop doing his knee, referees etc are all rubbish. He might be a good bloke etc, but when it comes to coaching he simply doesn't have the smarts. Neither do our board for premi extension. They should sack themselves too.

JDHD

Juniors
Thats the attitude the club has and its a bullshit one.

If the players buy into that sort of shit no wonder they play like they don't give a stuff and are happy to get a pay cheque they haven't rightfully earned.

Has the club become the new Illawarra steelers happy to just be in the comp.

Fans have a right to expect more from a once proud club now they look like a bunch of losers who don't care.

I both agree and disagree. On one hand, I believe it's perfectly acceptable for a team to go from bottom of the ladder one year to a tenth spot next year to pushing for a finals spot the next year and then onto the top 4. If Newcastle, for example, finish 12th next year, they'll be over the damn moon. Finals every year is not the be all and end all measure of success.

However, that would mean improvement is constant, and the Dragons performances over the last three and a half years have been up and down like Sasha Grey on a dildo, and not nearly as enjoyable to watch.

FlameThrower

Bench
Last week McGregor labelled two decisions that went against his side in the first half of the Dragons 21-14 defeat "incompetent and embarrassing". This week he should make that statement about his coaching: "incompetent and embarrassing". Maybe add in shameful as well.
Yes his coaching, but FMD our players need to take some of this responsibility... drop balls, play the ball errors, not finding touch, penalties on the last tackle.. our players are Daly M winners at this crap. Our players are dumb..and they deserve as much stick as the coach..

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Bring back Coyne for another review.... FMD

No No No.

We need someone from outside the dragons to perform a real review.

They also should not want to be around or looking for employment after the review - that way they aren't worrying about treading on any toes.

Focus should be on
1. Development of the playing team.
2. Skills
3. Preparation and Game day readiness
4. Tactics.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
No No No.

We need someone from outside the dragons to perform a real review.

They also should not want to be around or looking for employment after the review - that way they aren't worrying about treading on any toes.

Focus should be on
1. Development of the playing team.
2. Skills
3. Preparation and Game day readiness
4. Tactics.
Sorry!
I was being sarcastic

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yes his coaching, but FMD our players need to take some of this responsibility... drop balls, play the ball errors, not finding touch, penalties on the last tackle.. our players are Daly M winners at this crap. Our players are dumb..and they deserve as much stick as the coach..
Your 100% correct with your statement re the players mate and that along with our inept coach makes us a totally incompetent outfit doesnt it.......therefore can we expect anything other than the results we have been handing out.......but all that aside as I've stated 50 times since last night blind Freddie could see they were going to get us on that edge and the way we were letting them waltz upfield without moving up in a straight line in defence and knocking them over....Madge their coach could see it but did our excuse for a coach fix it with a message sent out in the last 10 mins ......NO because he cant see the forest for the trees...if you look at a lot of our games that we have lost this year that we should have won it doesnt take long to work out that McGregor just doesnt know how to read whats happening and convey messages to close out a game....as somone stated before, getting rid of McCrone and replacing him with Hunt is a start but theres bigger problems in the camp than that....and untill they replace Mary then its going to be more of the same

Your 100% correct with your statement re the players mate and that along with our inept coach makes us a totally incompetent outfit doesnt it.......therefore can we expect anything other than the results we have been handing out.......but all that aside as I've stated 50 times since last night blind Freddie could see they were going to get us on that edge and the way we were letting them waltz upfield without moving up in a straight line in defence and knocking them over....Madge their coach could see it but did our excuse for a coach fix it with a message sent out in the last 10 mins ......NO because he cant see the forest for the trees...if you look at a lot of our games that we have lost this year that we should have won it doesnt take long to work out that McGregor just doesnt know how to read whats happening and convey messages to close out a game....as somone stated before, getting rid of McCrone and replacing him with Hunt is a start but theres bigger problems in the camp than that....and untill they replace Mary then its going to be more of the same

I was sitting with a Souths mate, yes some of them are worth talking too, though not many, and said to him when Souths got to 20-24 with 5mins to go that Souths would win from here, oh how he did laugh.

But yeah, the players have to shoulder a lot of the blame. But that's down to McGregor, for the whole time he has been the "coach" not making anyone accountable, even after the most inept performance, and there have been many this year, he names the same bloody team each week, or worse, makes it even worse by making the worst change possible, Marketo, McCrone back to half after being dropped for 20 mins, Nightengale at fullback instead of Dufty during Origin.

It's like he goes out of his way to make a bad performance horrible the next week.

Mr Red

First Grade
I can't believe how rare good rugby league coaches seem to be. There ain't enough to go around.

There's enough available if you have a CEO who actually goes looking...
This season alone there were opportunities to offer JD a role, approach Cleary and Toovey who were both without a job, sound out Hasler just to name a few ... However our CEO took the easiest and probably cheapest option in keeping our numpty.

Life's Good

Coach
I both agree and disagree. On one hand, I believe it's perfectly acceptable for a team to go from bottom of the ladder one year to a tenth spot next year to pushing for a finals spot the next year and then onto the top 4. If Newcastle, for example, finish 12th next year, they'll be over the damn moon. Finals every year is not the be all and end all measure of success.

However, that would mean improvement is constant, and the Dragons performances over the last three and a half years have been up and down like Sasha Grey on a dildo, and not nearly as enjoyable to watch.
Sasha Grey. Now there is someone who can take my mind off all of this.

Latest posts