What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Coach

71saintsimon

Juniors
Four wins since the round 8 Anzac Day game featuring a lucky win against Newcastle at Home a fall over win against west tigers a roller coaster win against manly and a win against a poor warriors outfit why on earth is mcgreger stil coaching if Polatis was boss and not that cancer doust mcgreger wouldn't even be carrying the water bottles right now , totally embarresing CEO who has know respect for this club

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Mary coaches like Minibus Price did and if you remember when Price was sacked Mary said he would continue doing what Price was doing. He is true to his word Price was stuffing the club and Mary is completing it. Also when Price was coach he wouldn't give JDW a go at half , kept Fien there , so what makes us think Mary will give Hunt a go when he's got mcgoofe as half.

Sorry, JDW is who exactly?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The guy is extremely knowledgeable on the game, he is able to come up with multiple game plans, he knows how to rotate the bench properly, he turned rabble into Grand Finalists 4 times, this incompetent board should have given him a contract for 2017/18 and then chased hard for Craig Bellamy!

Smith would do for Saints what Paul Roos did for Melbourne in the AFL: he won't win a premiership but he would create a solid foundation for whoever would directly follow him.

And unlike someone such as Demetriou (who won't return anyway), Smith has plenty of NRL experience.

Nathan Brown is currently doing a "Roos" with Newcastle....geez, I'd love to have him in lieu of McGregor.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Brian Smith isn't a bad option as coaching director.

They have brought in Richard Agar from the UK the results so far have shown that hasn't worked or unless that's for next year.

Bellyache is the only one that can fix this mess.

Actually, Bennett is the only one capable of doing so.

emu52

Juniors
Thats the attitude the club has and its a bullshit one.

If the players buy into that sort of shit no wonder they play like they don't give a stuff and are happy to get a pay cheque they haven't rightfully earned.

Has the club become the new Illawarra steelers happy to just be in the comp.

Fans have a right to expect more from a once proud club now they look like a bunch of losers who don't care.
I know is is disappointing where we are at now. I think we are paying the penalty for the style we were playing earlier in the season and most of the players are playing busted. A good half will make a huge difference.

I dont know of any other team I would rather support.

getsmarty

Immortal
I know is is disappointing where we are at now. I think we are paying the penalty for the style we were playing earlier in the season and most of the players are playing busted. A good half will make a huge difference.

I dont know of any other team I would rather support.

NO NO NO... This is the same as 2015...same one dimensional rubbish from a one dimensional coach.
We have won 4 from the last 13....indefensible. ( and as already stated 2 of those wins were against the Knights and the Tigers and we only just got home. )
Take a look at the entirety of the last 3 1/2 years. All clubs have players carrying injuries at this stage of the year. They are not going as poorly as we are.

I think Ben Hunt is a great signing, but he is currently under Bennett. Therein lies the problem. None of our players have improved under the current coach and in fact most of them have gone backwards.

I bet dugan improves under Flanagan next year.

Smith would do for Saints what Paul Roos did for Melbourne in the AFL: he won't win a premiership but he would create a solid foundation for whoever would directly follow him.

And unlike someone such as Demetriou (who won't return anyway), Smith has plenty of NRL experience.

Nathan Brown is currently doing a "Roos" with Newcastle....geez, I'd love to have him in lieu of McGregor.
I like Brown and Yes, Smith has a wealth of NRL experience but that was many years ago.
JD comes into focus because of his potential.

merahputih

Juniors
I both agree and disagree. On one hand, I believe it's perfectly acceptable for a team to go from bottom of the ladder one year to a tenth spot next year to pushing for a finals spot the next year and then onto the top 4. If Newcastle, for example, finish 12th next year, they'll be over the damn moon. Finals every year is not the be all and end all measure of success.

However, that would mean improvement is constant, and the Dragons performances over the last three and a half years have been up and down like Sasha Grey on a dildo, and not nearly as enjoyable to watch.
At least a dildo stays hard for 80 minutes.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Where do you think the dragons and knights will be sitting in the comp in 2 years time, if no change of coaches?

Smurf

Juniors
With what has happened since the board extended McGrexit to a further two years is beyond belief.
Early in the season we were potentially top 4 and definitely top 8.
At this stage we look like finishing behind Canberra and Penrith.
Totally gutted.

nontime111

Juniors
If I was Mary, I would sack myself especially after the last two games. The excuses for poor form since origin and Widdop doing his knee, referees etc are all rubbish. He might be a good bloke etc, but when it comes to coaching he simply doesn't have the smarts. Neither do our board for premi extension. They should sack themselves too.
yes, our team is more like social club rather than a real footy team with a a REAL coach the players live in fear of! too matey!!! too scared to drop on form!! total BS! see ya Mcpuff!!!!!!!!!

nontime111

Juniors
we have a GREAT team!! I love them boys!! its the COACH and the coach alone that f(*^& us everytime!!!!
what potential these boys have to win the comp if only we had a decent coach! Mary- IS Price!! no diff at all!! none....... imagine Demetriou with that side?? or Brownie?? the attack would be devestating the attitude immense!! Mcpuff I hate more than Price actually or equally

possm

Coach
The one thing that gets me is Mary sits up in his coaches box and says jack shit , we have no runners on the field like other clubs do, we need a Alf Langer type trainer who lives on the field . Talking and guiding the team around, when it gets tough we become clueless and start running one out with a kick after 5 runs. We need someone who can tell them what to do where to run. Just sick of the shit they dish up each week , if I can see what's happening why can't Duost and the board see it and act.
I think we just need a good captain to do this

Latest posts