What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Forum Layout - Feedback

Charlie124

First Grade
Im not a big fan of the font used for the threads, It should just be a plain and simple one like the actual post text, but thats only minor and im sure i wont even notice it after a while.

I know theres the "green dot" for threads with new posts but if it were possible to go back to the bold for new content design i think it would look much better (maybe run a poll, majority decides?)

ANIMATED EMOTICONS!??? where are they?? how am i meant to convey my tongue in cheek banter without a little yellow face with his eyes darting left and right? correct this madness! :mad: <------ its just not the same :(

On another forum i used to frequent they had a cool little feature where you could "give karma" or "smite" someone for their post depending on your opinion of it. Its much like a "like" or "dislike", it would just sit under the poster's avatar and they'd have an ongoing counter which reflected their karma points (some would be in the hundreds or thousands, other less popular posters would be well into the negatives). obviously it was just a bit of fun and didnt mean anything. You could name the options whatever you wanted i suppose.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I

ANIMATED EMOTICONS!??? where are they?? how am i meant to convey my tongue in cheek banter without a little yellow face with his eyes darting left and right? correct this madness! :mad: <------ its just not the same :(

they're still there, you just need to know where to look..

personally, i think this one is my favourite..

homerjumpsmall.gif

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The emoji at the moment are just the default that come with the forum software. There will be more as things get refined. :cool:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I suspect that, like most people, I'm on here via the mobile 95% of the time these days.

So I'll reserve judgement until all the issues have been ironed out, e.g. the content being very central on the page...

But it's a pretty cool look. Very fresh. And whilst people rarely like change in these instances I'm sure it'll grow on us in time.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Good feedback Danish. I'll attempt to answer what I can, but Coby's working on all of it still as we speak.
Totally agree and a few have noted this. Definitely on the agenda

I believe the bold / not bold has been replaced with a green dot (similar looking to the online green dot in facebook)

Not sure if I'm grasping what you mean here but I think the level of detail there depends on which device / browser you're using. I.e. on the desktop it should be fine as per the attached screenshot, but on smaller screens i.e. phone, that info is cut out.
Great work, Timmah and crew.

seanoff

Juniors
The thread title / user title font lacks clarity. It's a bit too busy and this makes it harder to read.

I think it needs to be a more simple font. It's currently too decorative for lots of text.

The font used for posts is much easier on the eye.

POPEYE

Coach
I like being referred to as a 'Junior' . . . makes we want to go back to the gym . . . hang on, maybe not

skeepe

Immortal
There's a Ladbrokes ad that sticks to the top of the window on phone and tablet, when it's on-screen I can't click on anything else until I actively tap the little x in the right corner to close it, very annoying.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't mind it. Look and fee will grow on all I'm sure.

My only suggestions:

- can no longer choose a higher post per page count, instead it's set to 20. Can this option be added back in? I'm sure I'm not the only one who preferred the 50 post per page option

- old format had thread titles bolded for new posts, now all thread titles are bold making it difficult to see what thread has new content since you last checked in

- on main page of the forum, you used to see the thread title of the last thread posted in for each forum section. Doesn't appear to show this anymore, need to click through.

Other than that I think it all looks pretty cool

What Danish said ^^^^^

The 50 posts per page is the most important for mine but the others are also great suggestions

thorson1987

Coach
Old posts with embedded youtube vids no longer work, but the new embedding button for media is good.

Can now embed from sites other than youtube.

hellteam

First Grade
Can someone please tell me where the "User CP" page is?

That's how I used to see if there were unread posts in threads I've posted in, not sure how to do that anymore.

Cheers

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Can someone please tell me where the "User CP" page is?

That's how I used to see if there were unread posts in threads I've posted in, not sure how to do that anymore.

Cheers
go to the top of the thread and click where your name is.. a menu will appear which has most of the old user CP functions..

thorson1987

Coach
Like the way quotes work now.

Also when copying and pasting an article, any pictures that you copied over actually work so you don't have to f**kass around copy pasting.

Parra

Referee
That ladbrokes ad is back and causing the same problems on my phone. Nothing works until that ad is closed .

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The drop-down menu to navigate quickly between forums was really handy and appears to be gone now.

It also seems that you can't select the last post in a thread from the forum view - you must select the last page of the thread.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The drop-down menu to navigate quickly between forums was really handy and appears to be gone now.
For now it's the pop out button under/beside your name at the top of the forum. Should appear on every page.

It's on the list of things to get done though.
It also seems that you can't select the last post in a thread from the forum view - you must select the last page of the thread.
When a thread has unread content, clicking either the green dot or the thread title will take you to the first unread post since your last interaction with that thread. Hope that helps.

Both of the above have been raised with admin to see if there's a more user-friendly way though. :cool:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Agree with people regarding the font used for thread titles. it hurts my eyes. i thought it was just me. i do like the idea of the upgrade though

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Its good tbh

Obviously like danish i prefer more posts per page but if you guys are working on that than ive got no real complaints.

I have to get an avatar now though lol. It looks so empty with a face with a question mark on it