What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Forum Layout - Feedback

some11

Referee
Minor gripe, but is there anyway to speed up thread preview? just makes it easier to avoid troll threads sometimes.

Also agree with thread font being made easier on the eyes.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Really don't like the font for topic titles and usernames, way too big and needs to be sans serif. Everything else is sans serif. As for font size, I can only see 9 topics on the main forum page without scrolling now due to the font size and header. Used to be at least 20 or so before needing to scroll down.

Someone else mentioned the bolded titles for new topics, I thought this was much easier to find new titles as well. I'll get used to green dot but it's not as obvious

edit: Game Day Spoiler threads are showing up in this forum, not sure if this is intentional or not

Nealo 12

Bench
I'm not a fan of updated forum atm but maybe it will grow on me.
seems to be a lot less activity since the change ?

I tend to use LU on my phone or tablet more than my laptop. The one big advantage of the old setup was that you could see, from the main forum page, what was the most recent responded to thread in each section. It still happens on the computer, but the mobile devices just say how long ago the last post on that page was.

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Up the top there just above the thread title, can those links wrap to the next line if it's too long? In my pic the link to the nrl forum is hidden and it's a pain clicking on the expander box

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 7

Cletus

First Grade
Is it possible to quote outside sources anymore? E.g. a news article. I can't seem to find the quote option :/

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Using quote tags works just like they used to.

use the below (without all the spaces)

[ quote ] (If you wish to add who you are quoting type quote=name of person you are quoting)
at the end of the quote:
[ /quote ]

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The quote option is part of a dropdown list - it's the symbol between the video one and the save draft floppy disk.

You can choose quote, spoiler, code and to make text strikethrough

POPEYE

Coach
Looks as though everyone should be required to use a distinct avatar unless at first glance they wish their post to appear a signature of the one above

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Looks as though everyone should be required to use a distinct avatar unless at first glance they wish their post to appear a signature of the one above

That involves a style change and its on the to do list