What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Forum Layout - Feedback

McLovin

Staff member
I know you're still ironing out the kinks and whatnot but will the game day spoiler threads on the NRL board be moved to the game day board at any stage? Can see it becoming a bit of a nuisance having to scroll past them to reach the first NRL thread. You guys have done a great job btw

some11

Referee
Can you remove the old locked pinned threads?

If you want the game day threads to be pinned at the top that's cool, but the current threads are further down thanks to those locked ones.

OVP

Coach
The font size of each thread is now perfect. Nice work and thanks for your hard work guys. I like the new look, don't listen to conservatives, they hate change :p

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I know you're still ironing out the kinks and whatnot but will the game day spoiler threads on the NRL board be moved to the game day board at any stage? Can see it becoming a bit of a nuisance having to scroll past them to reach the first NRL thread. You guys have done a great job btw
Can you remove the old locked pinned threads?

If you want the game day threads to be pinned at the top that's cool, but the current threads are further down thanks to those locked ones.
We're having a look at the way the match threads operate as part of all of this - but appreciate the feedback. Watch this space.

ek999

First Grade
Besides not being able to post the last couple of days (cheers who ever it was that helped with that) I like the new layout. Do agree with the others about having too many stickied threads at the top of this forum

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Not a big fan. I like the very top fixture bar. Some parts about it are cool, though I think a lot of space is wasted per comment vertically down the page. Nonetheless, much more modern and I am sure more folk will enjoy the changes.

Crippler

Juniors
like the new look but dont like not being able to see how many pages are in each thread unless you hover over it.

Saint Doc

Coach
Minor thing but it used to be nice that you could see who made the last post in each thread. Now it just tells you the time it was made. I know there is the "green dot" to tell you if there are any new posts, but particularly if you make a post and then are waiting to see if anyone else replies/comments, it was much easier when you could see if your name was the last post vs soneone else.

Nitpicking now though

Timmah

Staff member
Minor thing but it used to be nice that you could see who made the last post in each thread. Now it just tells you the time it was made. I know there is the "green dot" to tell you if there are any new posts, but particularly if you make a post and then are waiting to see if anyone else replies/comments, it was much easier when you could see if your name was the last post vs soneone else.

Nitpicking now though
On desktop, this is still a thing. Mobile experience is still being refined so stay tuned.

Virtually impossible to use for mobile users....
The idea of feedback is that it's helpful. Can you elaborate at all?

As mentioned above - mobile is still being worked on so if you have any suggestions that could be incorporated let us know.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We're having a look at the way the match threads operate as part of all of this - but appreciate the feedback. Watch this space.

What Tim said.

We are currently discussing a new layout.
  • Leaving it as is.
  • Moving game day to NRL forum and yes a lot of threads will be pushed over to the next page.
  • Having a new NRL LIve forum
Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

McLovin

Staff member
Leaving it as-is will make the main forum too cluttered imo. The 4 pinned threads that were there before the update was enough. Adding another 8 pinned game threads (non-origin week) will be too much I think. You would have to scroll down to the 'join LU on facebook' link on the right to get to the first NRL thread. Keeping them in their own spoilers forum was ideal. Just my 2 cents...

Timmah

Staff member
What Tim said.

We are currently discussing a new layout.
  • Leaving it as is.
  • Moving game day to NRL forum and yes a lot of threads will be pushed over to the next page.
  • Having a new NRL LIve forum
Any constructive feedback is appreciated.
To clarify - option 2 involves the match thread being de-stickied and "archived" into the Game Day section after fulltime so it doesnt just flood the NRL section.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
When it was previously in the NRL Forum people complained about not be warned about spoilers so it was moved to the sub forum, but call me gullible, this is an NRL Forum so I really not sure how people can expect to browse an NRL forum and not see any live scores or spoilers.

Timmah

Staff member
Part of the reason for looking at how they work as well, is that all games are live now and the percentage of people who watch on delay is close to zero.

I tend to agree with McLovin that if they're stickied they might make legitimate discussion disappear sooner.

We'll figure it out.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Nice work on the continued improvements to fonts and user profiles, keep them coming.

Can we have highlighted threads that have updated since last visit?

Timmah

Staff member
There should be a "New Posts" list on the sidebar (desktop) or toward the bottom of the forum homepage (mobile)

If you just mean per forum, the font change has been enacted so bold threads with a green dot = unread, regular threads with no green dot = read

Latest posts