What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my intention was to wait for the new logo to frow on me before I passed coment, so now I've waiting all of 3 hours I have to say...

Bloody Fantastic !!!

Looks like a Grey Nurse to me.

wittyfan

Referee
Nigel Vagana was just on Ten News modelling the new jersey. Plus there were some interesting comments from Barry Pierce. Apparently Anderson was never told to not talk to the players while he's away. :?

Punk

Juniors
ShireShark said:
Looks alright, I still dont get why the LG sign has to have its own background colour though.

I understand what you mean.

I realise that it's great that a company such as LG are sponsoring us. But the designers go to the trouble of designing the jersey in a manner with specific colour schemes and shapes. After all their trouble a white, red and black square advert is placed on there. Advertisements should be integrated as much as possible without detrimenting to the overall look of the jersey.

It depends on how well the Sharks play in the new jersey, as to how much I will like it.

I'm afraid the logo, is no better than the old one in my opinion.

mullet

Juniors
Going by what i saw on ch 10, im guessing there isnt a ladies jersey available from what the mermaids were modelling :(

RICHO

Juniors
From what I just saw on FoxSports news, I have to say I'm not a big fan of the new jersey.

It looks like we've gone with the trend of tight fitting jerseys.

And the black across the top at the front isn't impressive at all. Especially with the white LG box cutting into it.

Hopefully it will grow on me.

Frenzy

Juniors
It's no so bad for me, it'll grow on me but I'd of liked a bit more white.

I bet the guys look big in it with the added black.

The logo is, well, a very good design but not as fearsome as I was hoping for.

It'll do, but if they win I wouldn't care if they were back in chocolate and gold :lol:

Alan Shore

First Grade
I love it. Great logo. Still preferred the original design with Pepsi on it - the logo was really well integrated.

wattsy32

Juniors
I think the logo reminded a bit of the San Jose Sharks hockey team logo, some similarities there,but ours has its own sleak image, i like the new logo top job!

wittyfan

Referee
Agro said:
Looks good to me, Does this mean they will play better next year??!!

Hopefully, with the new jumper and logo, some new players and maybe a new coach!

Sharks will rise again!

ali

Bench
I'm indifferent to the jersey at this stage. But what i do like is not just the return of the word Cronulla, which we knew was on the cards, but the return of Sutherland to our name. As someone who has spent many a year playing for district teams known as Sutherland, it always gives me a chill down the spine when Rabs refers to us as Cronulla-Sutherland.

ali said:
I'm indifferent to the jersey at this stage. But what i do like is not just the return of the word Cronulla, which we knew was on the cards, but the return of Sutherland to our name. As someone who has spent many a year playing for district teams known as Sutherland, it always gives me a chill down the spine when Rabs refers to us as Cronulla-Sutherland.

I agree 100% with all of that

fatshark

Bench
Love the jumper but the logo seems a bit rough on the eyes.
The change in the 'a' and the 'r' in the logo look a bit silly, and has the shark got teeth or is that a wave . Is it taking a bite out of the wave?
Or is it suppposed to look jagged for tough reasons?