What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 4 weeks. CRONULLA. WARRIORS. ROOSTERS. STORM

ouryears

Bench
What is your pass mark, of course we would love 4
from 4, but will you be content with 2/4 with 2
close losses?

ALSGI

Bench
If we keep playing decent footy we can win all 4.

I hope we can put a score on the Sharks next Friday and we should tbh. Roosters put 28 on them at the swamp, with Dugan and Moylan back. They’re a mess and we need to cane them.

Warriors, over there with their supporters all coming out now will be the biggest challenge.
They have the Donkeys over there next week and it’ll be a big home crowd advantage when we meet.

Anzac Day will be a short turn around (Wednesday) and if it lives up to the occassion its a lottery. Hope the Bunnies smash them up next week then the Morris boys the week after?

The Storm look aweful. They’ve got the Knights, Donkeys and Warriors before us at Kogarah. Hoping they’ll be in unfamiliar territory outside the 8 by then and we flog them at home.

Let’s hope the injury gods keep smiling on us, we should be up to the next 4 games.

Now, need to go out and polish my Dragons rego plates, had to drive through the Shire yesterday and collected some bugs.

The Warriors clash in round 7 looks like it might be the top of the table game.
I garentee no one would have picked that 6 weeks ago.

I think we beat the Sharks and Storm, Warriors game is a lottery, Roosters may get us with the short turn around and our reliance on the power game.

ouryears

Bench
If we keep playing decent footy we can win all 4.

I hope we can put a score on the Sharks next Friday and we should tbh. Roosters put 28 on them at the swamp, with Dugan and Moylan back. They’re a mess and we need to cane them.

Warriors, over there with their supporters all coming out now will be the biggest challenge.
They have the Donkeys over there next week and it’ll be a big home crowd advantage when we meet.

Anzac Day will be a short turn around (Wednesday) and if it lives up to the occassion its a lottery. Hope the Bunnies smash them up next week then the Morris boys the week after?

The Storm look aweful. They’ve got the Knights, Donkeys and Warriors before us at Kogarah. Hoping they’ll be in unfamiliar territory outside the 8 by then and we flog them at home.

Let’s hope the injury gods keep smiling on us, we should be up to the next 4 games.

Now, need to go out and polish my Dragons rego plates, had to drive through the Shire yesterday and collected some bugs.
Geeze you boys are mighty confident, I hope you are right.

I am preparing myself for 2/4

Oh when the saints......

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We'll all get a much clearer picture once Saints plays these teams.

Irrespective of form, Cronulla usually gives SGI a hard time. When was the last time Saints gave the Sharks a real belting?

I'm fairly confident against NZ despite the game being over 'the ditch'. I think the Dragons' record against them is the best that one team has over another rival in the NRL.

Chooks - Anzac Day games are close affairs, this will be any different. Despite their indifferent form, this is the team to beat in 2018.

Melbourne have always been a bogey side.

Win the first two, lose the otter two.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
The Warriors clash in round 7 looks like it might be the top of the table game.
I garentee no one would have picked that 6 weeks ago.

I think we beat the Sharks and Storm, Warriors game is a lottery, Roosters may get us with the short turn around and our reliance on the power game.
roosters have a short turn also

ouryears

Bench
Eatons Hill Dragon said:
I remember last year we had a thread just like this. We ended up loosing four games in a row.

Eatons Hill, at least this year we are saying 2/4 or maybe 3/4, holding our nerve and managing our expectations.

redVbull

Juniors
Am seeing only 1 from 4 wins, given how the Souths game played out.

Souths were hopeless for 60 mins, we dominated possession but didn't capitalise pointswise to shut the game down.

Poor bench rotation that allows 2x 'average' forward subs (Latimore / Leilua) on the field simultaneously.

Too much one-off forward running from the dummy half. Predictable and readable for rated defences to set against. We have fast mobile forwards limited to head-down battering-ram stuff. Instead get backs in support we'd have a killer offload game - given the yards Friz/ JDB/ LAM /Vaughn/JG make it'd be a carve-up each week!

PS. (Edit) - more forward offloads is the go, given the room to move with the newly enforced 10m defence. Hopefully something not lost on supercoach.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Am seeing only 1 from 4 wins, given how the Souths game played out.

Souths were hopeless for 60 mins, we dominated possession but didn't capitalise pointswise to shut the game down.

Poor bench rotation that allows 2x 'average' forward subs (Latimore / Leilua) on the field simultaneously.

Too much one-off forward running from the dummy half. Predictable and readable for rated defences to set against. We have fast mobile forwards limited to head-down battering-ram stuff. Instead get backs in support we'd have a killer offload game - given the yards Friz/ JDB/ LAM /Vaughn/JG make it'd be a carve-up each week!
Should beat Sharks and Storm.
Warriors and roosters 50/50

Widdop and Hunt won't be that quiet in the next matches.

Souths are a top 8 side, they were coming off two wins and are back on the rise.

Add 6 points for the try the refs boss now says was a try