What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Frederick

Staff member
Big news for the Steelers.

Released long Snapper Greg Warren after 10+ years with a failed physical designation, taking that LS in the draft makes a heap of sense now.

Released Ladarius Green under the same designation. Concussions got the better of him it seems, very sad, hopefully he officially retires but couldn't see any team taking the risk anyway.

The Steelers medical staff have quite a bit to answer for, they had the Brandon Boykin whiff with his degenerative hip condition and ignored the flags that were swirling around Green in San Diego.

Why they didn't go for a TE in the 3rd/4th over James Conner or Joshua Dobbs is mystifying. Both competing to be the back up behind HOFish talent for the foreseeable future.
Jesse James and Xavier Grimble have shown themselves to be serviceable TE's over the last couple of years, but wouldn't mind them throwing a 1 or 2 year contract at Gary Barnidge...really surprised the Browns cut him.

And yeah they must've known the writing was on the wall for Warren...hopefully Holba provides the same level of service

nick87

Coach
Very surprised about Maclin
He'd very useful to a lot of teams, least of all his former team
Jeffery, Smith and Maclin is a nice set of wrs

legend

Coach
Decker is gone too! Would love him back in Denver. Jets aiming for an 0-16 season this year?

#tanking

legend

Coach
Great signing IMO. I reckon the Titans will go very close to winning the AFC South this year. They are building nicely.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah was always going to happen.

I think The Raiders are just happy that they got it done before Stafford got done because it would probably have cost them even more.

It averages out to be about $25M a season... which only a benchmark for now... Stafford will overtake that in a month or so... and Kirk Cousins will absolutely smash it when his next deal is done.

The Raiders were very fortunate that they were in the unique position where they can backend it which leaves more money for Gabe Jackson and Khalil Mack who will probably reset the pass rushers market.

But the backending of the contract actually made sense for Carr because they are moving from Cali which has the highest state tax level to Nevada which has no state tax... it's not too often that backending a contract works out better financially for the player.

nick87

Coach
Yeah the Carr deal is going to be dwarfed by about 3-4 others in the next 12-18 months
I mean Kurt Cousins is going to get damn near 30mil if he gets to FA
25mil+ for a franchise QB is just the cost of doing business

zombie jesus

Staff member
No long term deal for Bell.
Not enough money on the table I assume.

I'm 50/50 on the whole thing. He's got 2 drug suspensions to his name and combine those with his injuries and he's missed a third of all games.

I'm sure someone will pay him if he goes to FA next year, it's hard to see the Steelers valuing him more than they do now so I'm assuming this year is his last in Pittsburgh.

kurt faulk

Coach

Welcome aboard Sammy. Many rams fans wanted him at #2 instead of Robinson. Now here we are 3 years later, grob shipped away after being a major bust and Sammy coming to the rams. Hope he stays healthy.

nick87

Coach
Really excited by Darby
He Was absolutely fantastic last time he played in Schwartz's scheme

Matthews wasn't going to kept beyond this year anyways

Latest posts