What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo NX - Next Gen Harware Concept

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
First previews for Zelda are hitting the web. Impressions are insanely good. Some are calling it the best Zelda ever.

tumblr_inline_np1kpts59z1sb080b_500.gif

DiegoNT

First Grade
So reading Zelda BOtW reviews is like watching a Victoria Secret's show, perfect 10 after perfect 10

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just wrapped a 2 and a hour hour play session on Zelda. It is indeed absolutely incredible. This is not your typical babies first video game as people like to tar the franchise with. One hit deaths happen, ALOT.

Wato

Juniors
Just wrapped a 2 and a hour hour play session on Zelda. It is indeed absolutely incredible. This is not your typical babies first video game as people like to tar the franchise with. One hit deaths happen, ALOT.

You playing on switch or Wii U? I am keen to play it but just can't justify buying a switch yet.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
You playing on switch or Wii U? I am keen to play it but just can't justify buying a switch yet.

On Switch. It's a situation where if you still own a Wii U, just go for the Wii U version until Switch gets a price cut. If you ditched your Wii U awhile ago like myself, Zelda is frankly a system seller. I don't regret buying mine one bit.

I am disappointed with how threadbare the software is, both on the platform itself and games, but time will fix that.

Wato

Juniors
On Switch. It's a situation where if you still own a Wii U, just go for the Wii U version until Switch gets a price cut. If you ditched your Wii U awhile ago like myself, Zelda is frankly a system seller. I don't regret buying mine one bit.

I am disappointed with how threadbare the software is, both on the platform itself and games, but time will fix that.

Yea I will probably pick up a switch later in it's life cycle like I did with the Wii U might see how it goes the next few months and pick one up around my birthday. I am playing Horizon right now but Zelda looks so good so can't wait to play it. Are you playing with the Joy cons or the pro controller? The pro controller looks great but I am worried the joy cons look a little small.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Yea I will probably pick up a switch later in it's life cycle like I did with the Wii U might see how it goes the next few months and pick one up around my birthday. I am playing Horizon right now but Zelda looks so good so can't wait to play it. Are you playing with the Joy cons or the pro controller? The pro controller looks great but I am worried the joy cons look a little small.

Pro Controller. The default settings are weird with Jump assigned to the top X button and action on the lower A, but luckily you can swap them in the settings which is much better. The left Joy Con feels fine, but the right one is a pain in the ass for someone with big hands because of the lower joystick. Also the triggers on the Cons feel like you could break them fairly easily if you squeezed too hard.

Pro Controller definitely the superior way to play.

Wato

Juniors
Pro Controller. The default settings are weird with Jump assigned to the top X button and action on the lower A, but luckily you can swap them in the settings which is much better. The left Joy Con feels fine, but the right one is a pain in the ass for someone with big hands because of the lower joystick. Also the triggers on the Cons feel like you could break them fairly easily if you squeezed too hard.

Pro Controller definitely the superior way to play.
The Giant beastcast mentioned the run button is oddly placed. That was what I was worried about with the joy cons will defiantly get a pro controller when I get a switch, the pro controller was my pr ferried way to play the Wii u so sounds like it will be the same with the switch.

Parra Pride

Coach
Joycons are fine when using them as a normal control, or connected to the Switch itself. Face buttons are a bit small, but it's nothing that makes the thing unusable.

Storm13

Juniors
5 hours into Zelda and its such a massive game. Feel like I've gotten absolutely no where.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Goddammit why does money have to be tight right now. Seriously considering giving bjs for Zelda lol. Probably going to trade the ps4 in for a switch, there's just rarely any fun games for the ps4, and next to no kids game so i can just let them play for hours without having to continually help them

DlEHARD

Juniors
I also got a Switch yesterday and I am loving it. Zelda is amazing, so deep now every tree is worth exploring. You can climb anything and its weird having a jump and sprint button and not having to roll everywhere. Thank god for some voice acting.

The unit itself is so well made. Only down point is I wish there was at least a couple other games. Maybe an F Zero. But it'll come.

elyod138

Bench
I also got a Switch yesterday and I am loving it. Zelda is amazing, so deep now every tree is worth exploring. You can climb anything and its weird having a jump and sprint button and not having to roll everywhere. Thank god for some voice acting.

The unit itself is so well made. Only down point is I wish there was at least a couple other games. Maybe an F Zero. But it'll come.
Have you had a look at Fast RMX?

Loving my Switch and Zelda so far.