What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo NX - Next Gen Harware Concept

Big Pete

Referee
Unless the Wii U version of Zelda is completely gimped, I see no reason to make the Switch so early.

$469.99 price point

Add in software, accessories, online accessories and it stacks up, especially for a system with such a limited library.

The system could be worth checking out around the holiday season provided Mario Odyssey isn't delayed but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Parra Pride

Coach
It looks like Nintendo will be shipping limited quantities, so people who aren't sold for launch may have a hard time picking one up until the library starts to pick up, which wont necessarily be a bad thing.

Wato

Juniors
I'd be surprised if nothing else of note is announced as coming on launch. I'll happily grab it because Zelda looks so f**king good, and further down the line Mario, Xenoblade 2 and Splatoon 2 will all be worth a buy at the very least.

Then there's also the rumours going around that they can't get Breath of the Wild to run the way they want it on the Wii U which is a little off putting. Then again rumours also said Zelda wasn't launch, the Switch was launching in the 17th and was $250 USD.

They showed a few interesting game bo on the whole the more that's coming out post presentation the worst it gets thou, you have to pay to play online but to use chat functionality you need an external app how is that a thing in 2017. The price point is ridiculous more expensive than a PS4 or an XB1 and just cheaper than a PS4 plus a pro controller is $120. I really hoped they would position this as a 3DS successor too and I would be able to play pokemon games on a big screen but instead they took the worst parts of Wii u and jacked up the price.

Parra Pride

Coach
I've seen a lot of people complaining about paying to play online, but that's just the standard console gaming has set now. If that subscription helps them actually put a good system in place for online gaming, it'll be worth it in the long run. The chat will be inconvenient if the app needed isn't made available on the Switch, but it won't be something that affects me as it's not a console I'm purchasing to play online games. The price is higher than what a lot of people expected, and I honestly would have considered cancelling my pre-order if Zelda wasn't a launch title, but it's something I'm happy to pay to get in early considering this is Nintendo, and they have a history of making shit hard to get unless you're happy to pay even more to some scalper on eBay.

Wato

Juniors
I've seen a lot of people complaining about paying to play online, but that's just the standard console gaming has set now. If that subscription helps them actually put a good system in place for online gaming, it'll be worth it in the long run. The chat will be inconvenient if the app needed isn't made available on the Switch, but it won't be something that affects me as it's not a console I'm purchasing to play online games. The price is higher than what a lot of people expected, and I honestly would have considered cancelling my pre-order if Zelda wasn't a launch title, but it's something I'm happy to pay to get in early considering this is Nintendo, and they have a history of making shit hard to get unless you're happy to pay even more to some scalper on eBay.

Yea hopefully they fix the online but until they show they can run a functional online service it's a bit rich to charge for especially if their still using friend codes. I am holding out hope for a price drop post e3 or some bundles similar to what happened to the 3DS but I think I need to see them really commit to just the switch and leave the 3DS behind hopefully at E3. For now thou I will be playing Horizon come march 1st and I have Persona 5 collectors edition pre ordered so I will just wait to see how things pan out on the switch.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Zelda with voice acting!

As usual I will get it at launch. I hope they have learnt their lessons. Hopefully merging their development arms will offer more games. Mario looks amazing, I always wanted Mario to go to the "real world".

I am worried about its power and battery life though.

The Joy Cons look cool.

We don't need to wait long until its in our hot little hands.

Parra Pride

Coach
Pre-ordered with EB only because it's less than a minute drive from my house. I need that Zelda in my life as soon as possible on launch day.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Has a game been so hyped and had as much pressure on it to be outstanding as Zelda BOTW? With no pure handhelds to rely on in the future it's like nintendo are going all in with the switch, and for the vital first few months the only reason to get the switch is zelda.

Apey

Staff member
Tempted to buy my first console in a long time... didn't play the Wii U at all so the idea of playing MK8 for the first time, Super Mario Odyssey and maybe Zelda is appealing.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Not too fussed about the price of the console, it's not as big a markup as it could've been, but those peripherals are just obscene, not just here but everywhere.

Zelda is paid off and the console has 100 on it. I'm a sucker for Nintendo, as much as they like to take advantage of that. merkins.

Special K

Coach
I'm tempted to trade my Wii U in for the deal at EB games but I haven't played my Wii U in probably 18 months and fear this will end up the same.

Wato

Juniors
I'm tempted to trade my Wii U in for the deal at EB games but I haven't played my Wii U in probably 18 months and fear this will end up the same.

I feel similar but I think I will wait till after E3 and see if it's getting a Pokemon game this year plus see if they announce any bundles for the holiday season, I could see them bundling in Zelda by than but I need to see them show this is their sole system and their not dividing their resources between a handheld and a home console.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
A Switch out in the wild got dismantled and assessed, so basically just getting into the specs and finding out what exactly they are, and apparently it's a fair bit more powerful than everyone thought it would be. Also the battery is HUGE and looks to be replaceable, which is awesome. I can't imagine it'll be doing well after a couple of years of power cycles.

azzah72

Bench
How big is the game card capacity?

Compared to say ps4 and Xbox

I am probably wrong but when a blu ray is double burned it max 50gb right?

Apparently no switch game will need additional downloading off the card, only dlc might.

So I wonder how big they are?

Latest posts