What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl Dreamteam lists

Sameagle

Juniors
Hey guys,this is my first season doing NRL dreamteam..my teamlist is :

1. Luke Burt
2. Michael Gordon
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jamie Lyon
5. William Zillman
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Sam Burgess
9. Cameron Smith (Captain)
10. Matt Scott
11. Paul Gallen (Vice Captain)
12. Reni Maitua
13. Shawn Fensom

14. Adam Reynolds
15. Mitch Rein
16. Tedesco
17. Taumalolo

Martin Taupau
Blake Austin
Aidan Sezer
Tim Browne
Clint Newton
Gavet
Konrad Hurrell
Moga.

At the moment I'm thinking about trading out michael gordon for another winger and getting a better option for a forward.. but one of my mates told me kickers get extra points? Any help would be awesome thanks guys.

Good effort for first up.

My opinion..

Gordon is a gun at fantasy, if he's at fullback. He'll tear up occassionally on the wing but at Fullback, he's a must have. If you drop him now, you can use the extra money to bolster weaknesses and pick him up later on if he eventually plays fullback (As he should, Penrith's coach is a mental case) at a cheaper price.

Your centres look good on paper but for consistency, the big scorers in a season pick players who are fantasy centres but actually play in the pack. Players like Halatau, Mannering etc. They're there, you just need to find them.

You need to have 4 reserves who can score each week and they should be starters if at all possible. You can carry 1 or 2 players who aren't regular first graders but not many, you'll suffer badly over the rep season and byes if you get caught with only 20 or 21 first graders when the rep season hits.

Try and work it so you have 4 starting forwards as your reserves. It's tough to do, but possible. Backs don't generally make good reserves, they're not consistent and there are only a few who put up big points every week.

You have to find the bargain buys. Tedesco looks like one, there are others, but you have to find them.

Parker is the top man, if he plays plenty of minutes and you don't have him, you'll be miles behind after a few weeks. A lot of people are risking not picking him, I'm 50/50 about it at the moment so I can't help there.

Sameagle

Juniors
Cheers, tweeked it abit.

1. Luke Burt
2. Kyle Stanley*
3. Dean Halatau*
4. Jamie Lyon
5. William Zillman
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Sam Burgess
9. Cameron Smith (Captain)
10. Matt Scott
11. Paul Gallen
12. Corey Parker (Vice Captain
13. Shawn Fensom

14. Adam Reynolds
15. Mitch Rein
16. Tedesco
17. Mitch Aubusson*

Martin Taupau
Blake Austin
Aidan Sezer
Tim Browne
Ben Henry*
Gavet
Konrad Hurrell
Moga.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
I will post my side after lockout...

without giving anything away i have

21 players who are in run on sides this weekend
3 on benches
1 not listed this week and im very happy with my side...

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I got 821 in Week 1 ... but if I'd made the right choices with my squad, would have scored 887 .. choosing Gallen instead of Fensom for Captain cost me big-time!

Sameagle

Juniors
Beat me by 1, thought choosing parker over fensom would be a good idea.
Some players like zillman/burt i thought would perform but let me down.

gronkathon

First Grade
821. Gidley going down hurt as did Hannants poor game. Looking like I can build something good though

Grapple

Bench
Moved captain from DCE to the safe bet with Cam Smith at the last minute, for round 2. Worst decision i've ever made. Ended up with a good score though.

cleary89

Coach
1. Dugan
2. Norman
3. Hurrell
4. Halatau
5. Williams
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Burgess
9. Smith
10. Snowden
11. Fenson
12. Stagg
13. Harrison

14. Cordner
15. De Belin
16. Reynolds
17. Waddell

18. Roberts
19. Poore
20. Costigan
21. Austin
22. Tahu
23. Ropati
24. Moltzen
25. Tedesco

109k in the bank.

Grapple

Bench
What's your ranking Grapple? Must be good if you got 909 this week.

Haha, no... My first round only net 614 so that put me up at 35'000. Did get a good boost from this round though, now i'm sitting at 10'397.

Overall: 141 for 2nd round. If i'd played DCE as Captain like I originally intended, then I think I would've been close to the very top, might have even got the cash.

Sameagle

Juniors
I'm guessing most had parker? just wondering how everyones handled the injury.. i opted for elijah taylor in for parker, then with the spare cash zillman out slater in, left with 133K in the bank.

Grapple

Bench
Good picks, Sam. Taylor will jump in value considering his tackling stats, he might be out again when Luck comes back but that might be for some time.
Slater will continue to get big scores, he was my first player selected before round 1.

Sameagle

Juniors
Just Curious, I've got mitch rein in my top 17 as a reserve..but have been thinking about taking the reserve spot and putting someone else a reserve, I've got ben henry and martin taupau to choose from.

I went without Parker from the start. I think he's overvalued in SC.

Right now, I have 21 starters and 4 77k players, 3 who haven't played as yet. If I get through this week without injuries I'll try and cut that down by 1, because when Origin and the byes hit, you need as many people who actually play as possible or you get left behind and come out at the end of Origin/Byes 20k further back in the field from where you were before it.

I also make sure I don't have many Origin players because even when they play after Origin, especially the forwards, their minutes are cut and that makes them less valuable. I've only got Gallen in my squad who'll play Origin and I've got just under 1600 from the first 2 rounds. I expect to make up ground over Origin/byes.

Poms and Kiwis are the ones you have to have now.

gronkathon

First Grade
863, just outside the top 1000. Trading out Goodwin this week and Shillo. Hopefully should see the side go up into the 1000 next week