What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

chrisD

Coach
thats what i think, although i think josh has had some pretty bad balls delivered to him this year.

But ChrisD, it was one game that they didnt play great. Woopty f**king doo. Im sure that jennings and his wing, tighe or elford have lost in a penrith match before?? or maybe too you, jennings has never played one single bad game in his entire life??

Gordon. In my memory he hasn't, certainly not this year. Jennings has been alright this year in defense. Overeager on Inglis and stood up twice, the minor offender in the Sharks try off Smith's ball, the occasional inconsequential miss here and there, no worse or better than any other center, and certainly no awful display like Coopers against Manly. Not a "suspect" defenders display, but the hive mind sees what the hive mind wants to see.

As for errors in general, the only thing of note is his hands let him down in the All Star game, but he was still great in that game (and Coopers hands were even worse in that game, as they have been so far this season).

Others are raising questions of his form, they're not watching closely either, the only question mark is on his knee, fair enough to leave him out for Cooper and Lyon on that basis, but for Tahu and Idris is just geniused.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I refuse to have a go at the selections. They do not pick themselves.
As an example the backrow, Creagh, Waterhouse and Watmough - no problem with any individual but as a back row combo, all running forwards, no workers.

I am sure they will give there all.

The selectors however, when QLD win, how do we get the selectors sacked?
How do we get the selectors sacked?

Mr Saab

Referee

Bozo, Daley and McCarthy are locked in harder than Tim Sheens at the Tigers. No doubt when NSW lose and Bellamy falls on his sword he will cop all the blame.

Moffo

Referee
I refuse to have a go at the selections. They do not pick themselves.
As an example the backrow, Creagh, Waterhouse and Watmough - no problem with any individual but as a back row combo, all running forwards, no workers.

I am sure they will give there all.

very valid point. watmong is about as close as you get to gallen in our team

Dazzat

First Grade

Come up with a better bunch of NSW selectors. Float the idea to the NSWRL and if they are impressed with your superior alternative, they'll do the work for you, and ask the current selectors to resign.

Start with say ... High-Five (I would have suggested The Wiggles, but that guy Jeff has the same problem as most of the current NSW selectors).

timka4

Bench

omg of course...

i definately do believe that jennings is a great player and his defence is not as bad as what everyone makes it out too be. But still judging cooper and morris on that one game still is a little harsh and i know u mentioned other little judgements as well

i woulda easily been happy with

2. B Morris
3. Cooper
4. jennings
5. Tahu

Big Pete

Referee
This isn't the captaincy of the Aussie Cricket Squad. If he isn't good enough to make the team he shouldn't be in the team regardless of captaincy.

But to say if he was dropped it would have no effect is wrong.

There would be serious whiplash from the media and the Blues would be under the pump straight away.

Losing Jennings and J.Moz doesn't attract that kind of attention.

abpanther

Staff member
But to say if he was dropped it would have no effect is wrong.

There would be serious whiplash from the media and the Blues would be under the pump straight away.

Losing Jennings and J.Moz doesn't attract that kind of attention.

Who give a f**k about the media whiplash, the selectors job is to pick the best NSW side possible, not to appease the media. Seems that's exactly what they've done with this side, that's the only thing that can explain the selections of Gidley, Tahu, Idris, etc.

Notice QLD doesn't care about appeasing the media, no Tuqiri in that side, they reward winners...

Big Pete

Referee
It's not all about the media either.

By replacing Kidley, you have to start from scratch with a new captain.

Comparing Jennings to Kidley is silly. One was a centre who did SFA, the other is the captain.

chrisD

Coach
Nah, replacing Gidley with Hayne would have been pretty simple given he was easily the Blues best last year and the best player in the 2009 season, and has done more this year than Gidley too.

Big Pete

Referee
You're missing the point.

Dropping the captain, compared to dropping a centre that did nothing aren't comparable.

Dropping the captain does require more thought and retaining him does make sense.

When was the last time NSW dropped their captain in any case?

abpanther

Staff member
It's not all about the media either.

By replacing Kidley, you have to start from scratch with a new captain.

Comparing Jennings to Kidley is silly. One was a centre who did SFA, the other is the captain.

I'm not comparing Jennings to Gidley, forget Jennings. You're saying that they can't drop Gidley because of the media whiplash, that shouldn't even come into their thought process, Gidley has done STFA in Origin and isn't even in the top 5 fullbacks in the game ATM

adamkungl

Immortal
I didn't think anyone could do a worse job then the NSW selectors, but ladies and gentlemen here we have it.

:lol: twat. Out of all the teams to compare, you pick one from one month before the season even started? That said, I 100% stick by it over the selected side, including Brett Stewart playing on one leg. Far better side.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm not comparing Jennings to Gidley, forget Jennings. You're saying that they can't drop Gidley because of the media whiplash, that shouldn't even come into their thought process, Gidley has done STFA in Origin and isn't even in the top 5 fullbacks in the game ATM

My earlier post must not of gone through...

I'll post it again.

Let's get back to my original point here. The likes of Jennings and J. Moz weren't raising their hands to get picked and neither of them played well nor had a significant role in the squad. Personally, I do agree that one or the other should've been there before Tahu but then again neither would've made MY side, so I don't see them being dropped as an injustice.

chrisD

Coach
You're missing the point.

Dropping the captain, compared to dropping a centre that did nothing aren't comparable.

Dropping the captain does require more thought and retaining him does make sense.

When was the last time NSW dropped their captain in any case?

You're acting like it matters. He's a losing captain who can't hold his place against our best player, oh dear.

Big Pete

Referee
Like who?

Seriously, the distance between a Kurt Gidley to say a Josh Dugan isn't much (at this time).

abpanther

Staff member
My earlier post must not of gone through...

I'll post it again.

Let's get back to my original point here. The likes of Jennings and J. Moz weren't raising their hands to get picked and neither of them played well nor had a significant role in the squad. Personally, I do agree that one or the other should've been there before Tahu but then again neither would've made MY side, so I don't see them being dropped as an injustice.

It did go through mate, we agreed that the Tahu selection was terrible and that Lyon should've been selected ahead of both Jennings and Morris.

We then went on to discuss the fact that they have given automatic selection to several players from Game 3 last season who aren't in the best form this season and/or didn't perform well in Origin last year, that includes Gidley. You said that they can't drop him because he is the captain and there would be huge media whiplash, I simply made the point that that shouldn't come into calculations and that they should pick the best team possible.

Clear as mud?

Big Pete

Referee
Gotcha.

I agree Gidley should be dropped, but I'm just seeing it from their side. They have a point.

My main point here is that there aren't many NSW players putting their hand up to play Origin. Most of the sides named here wouldn't automatically win the game, nor would they be superior per say.