What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2019

BranVan3000

Coach
The Aussie schoolboys 2012 team is really producing the goods

745269-moses.jpg

not accusing you of lying, just questioning your sources. I found that page than cross-checked it with the associated twitter account and found nothing..........

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's actually Paul Simona, Tim's younger brother who is now at the sharks. Looked ordinary in the 20s games I've seen him in. Then again Tim never overly stood out in the 20s or nsw cup, it was only through injuries he got a run in first grade then all of a sudden started scoring bullshit length of the field tries.

Im hoping if there's issues with center next year Dylan Walker is fit, I can't see Dugan being a long term solution.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
Moses was best on the field for the u20s and Pauli Pauli was dominating. Why not?
its a few years away but to me, both dont seem to be the types to continue to improve and mature. best for nsw at ago 20 but plenty acheive that but don't represent later. pauli is a bit hot and cold in the nrl and moses hasn't yet had a taste.

Noname36

First Grade
just went through that guys twitter, he didn't even tweet that..............

He sure did. I was randomly flicking through the knight insider twitter hashtag a few days ago and that exact question was there. He might have deleted it afterwards but it was certainly asked.

Sione's problem is going to be cementing a FG spot if he stays at the Knights. He has two very young centres in front of him. Still though nobody knows what will happen. Bennett rates the kid highly. Had him training with the FG squad when he was barely 17 and moved McManus to centre when we had injuries there this year because Sione wasn't old enough and he obviously rates him higher and wanted him to be the next to debut over any of the NSW Cup centres. Pretty big wrap for a 17 year old.

But yeah, as to your question...couldn't imagine him playing SOO in two years. He needs to crack FG permanently first.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
He sure did. I was randomly flicking through the knight insider twitter hashtag a few days ago and that exact question was there. He might have deleted it afterwards but it was certainly asked.

Sione's problem is going to be cementing a FG spot if he stays at the Knights. He has two very young centres in front of him. Still though nobody knows what will happen. Bennett rates the kid highly. Had him training with the FG squad when he was barely 17 and moved McManus to centre when we had injuries there this year because Sione wasn't old enough and he obviously rates him higher and wanted him to be the next to debut over any of the NSW Cup centres. Pretty big wrap for a 17 year old.

But yeah, as to your question...couldn't imagine him playing SOO in two years. He needs to crack FG permanently first.
Gagai is more of a natural fullback IMO. Assuming Boyd leaves, which is almost a certainty that he will, I'd like to see this as our backline.
1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Mata'utia
4. Leilua
5. Uate/McManus

its a few years away but to me, both dont seem to be the types to continue to improve and mature. best for nsw at ago 20 but plenty acheive that but don't represent later. pauli is a bit hot and cold in the nrl and moses hasn't yet had a taste.

Exactly so how can you judge? He's never had any NRL experience yet outpointed Anthony Milford who is on the fringe of QLD origin selection. Also maturity is something that comes with age and experience right? Because those two things will work in favour of Moses. Moses was the key architect in NSW smashing a team that was meant to belt them, he has a huge future ahead of him.

Pauli Pauli is playing pretty well for Parra, he's hot and cold when parra is hot and cold but either way the kid is only 19! Give him sometime, he monstered QLD in the U20's.

Must have.

I actually only realised now that you have to be 18 to be playing NRL :lol:
There may be an Hayne or Inglis coming through but as long as that rule is around we won't find him. Sione Matautai may crack it at 20.

Gagai is more of a natural fullback IMO. Assuming Boyd leaves, which is almost a certainty that he will, I'd like to see this as our backline.
1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Mata'utia
4. Leilua
5. Uate/McManus

No way either of those two will miss out for Mamo, who is very good as well.

isaiah

Bench

happy birthday, Sione. 18 today.

natheel

Coach
Junior Paulo is eligible for NSW isn't he? He was in the under 20s side last year from memory.

Latest posts