What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ ANZAC Test Team predictions

Cold Roses

Juniors
Packer recalled and Nikorima named as well. Young Brandon Smith from the Storm? is presumably 18th man. Asofa Solomona there as well.

gordynz

Juniors
Reasonably happy with the side...

Asofa-Solomona
Blair
J Bromwich
K Bromwich - Would rather have had Tapine but meh
Foran
Fusitua
Johnson
Kahu
Luke
Mannering
Nikorima
Packer
Proctor
Rapana
Smith - Eligibility choice for the future?
Taumalolo
Taupau
Tuivasa-Sheck
Watene-Zelezniak
Whare

Cold Roses

Juniors
Tapine definitely unlucky. Brandon Smith obviously a nod to the future. Kiwis have been naming young play makers with potential for a few years now in an attempt to get their allegiance.

Cold Roses

Juniors
So looking at something like ...

Tuivasa-Sheck
Watene-Zelezniak
Whare
Kahu
Rapana
Foran
Johnson
Bromwich
Luke
Blair
Mannering
Proctor
Taumalolo

Nikorima
Tapau
Asofa-Solomona

Packer
Bromwich
Fusitua
Smith

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Cameron Smiths successor. He's been groomed for the future. Think they stole him from the Cowboys?

Cheers

Not a fan at all of those types of selections tbh, cheapens things for me a bit

If you want him as an emerging player or something just invite him to spend time with the squad, sign a letter of intent etc

Big Marn

Juniors
Yep. Injured. Glad to see JWH missing out as well.
and Kenny Dowell. After last year, never again..

Happy seeing NAS. Had a feeling Packer would return. Feeling abit mixed about Foran. Would rather have kept him in cotton wool for the Warriors as he doesnt look 100% to me.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Cheers

Not a fan at all of those types of selections tbh, cheapens things for me a bit

If you want him as an emerging player or something just invite him to spend time with the squad, sign a letter of intent etc

I get your point of view completely. However it feels like we're on a hiding to nothing sometimes with trying to get these young Kiwis eligible guys to commit to us before Meninga, Daley et. al come along to scoop them up for Origin. With the smaller talent pool we have I think it's important to try and keep these talented playmakers any way we can.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Its not a bad si
However it feels like we're on a hiding to nothing sometimes with trying to get these young Kiwis eligible guys to commit to us before Meninga, Daley et. al come along to scoop them up for Origin.
With the Kiwis gaining in on the Aussies a few years ago when we won the RLWC, I think the Aussies started to really look at talented players that could be a threat in a Kiwis jumper if they look to commit to the Kiwis. Money minded Radradra, the then highly touted James Tamou, the obvious powerhouse Papalii etc...all these players could have played for the Kiwis but Aussie are now getting in and making a play. Some of the guys they do lure their way, they don't really have any intentions of making them a Kangaroo such as Leilua. They just don't want to see them in a kiwi jumper playing against them. Radradra I think has served his stint with them, they got him to commit and now they don't have to worry about him popping up in black.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I get your point of view completely. However it feels like we're on a hiding to nothing sometimes with trying to get these young Kiwis eligible guys to commit to us before Meninga, Daley et. al come along to scoop them up for Origin. With the smaller talent pool we have I think it's important to try and keep these talented playmakers any way we can.

Yeah something needs to be done about it. Maybe when a player turns 18 they have to sign something that commits them to a country and maybe a secondary country behind that as well if they have an island background

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa-Sheck
2- Watene-Zelezniak
3- Whare
4- Kahu
5- Rapana
6- Foran
7- Johnson
8- Bromwich
9- Luke
10- Blair
11- Proctor
12- Mannering
13- Taumalolo

Res- Nikorima, Asofa-Solomona, Packer, Taupau

Fusitua unlucky

mikeob

Juniors
Out of the squad chosen 9 are either Warriors or Storm players. When they run out on Friday it will be their third game in 10 days. Personally I think that is too many games at this level (NRL & Test) and may end up biting us on the butt.