What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

Isn't AFL that sport where that player of their punched out a cop or something... Wayne Keary or something. Some "class sport" the AFL supposidely is.

El Diablo

Post Whore
thank f**k Roy was there. these other jokers are wankers especally the guy with long hair sitting next to him

they too tried to link the bashing of some shirtlifter in Victoria to League

Jason Maher

Immortal
Asbolute rubbish this morning. I think I taught my daughter a new word at one point. What on earth is wrong with a toe-to-toe fight? Price accidentally knees White getting to his feet, and with 79 minutes of tension build-up, is it any surprise White reacted? You players get up all the time and put a shove on the marker when they feel they've been cheap-shotted, and to be honest I'm surprised it took until the 79th minute for such an event on Wednesday night.

Dead set, Roy Masters is one of a shrinking bastion of decent Rugby League journalists. Most of them are AFL-loving hacks or pushing the News barrow to help get them cheaper TV rights.

I can't stand that "Carro" Wilson.

Even the way she speaks, "Th, th, th, th..."

Such an old buzzard, and yet I can't look away...

She's like a horror movie that I can't take my eyes off.

Brutus

Referee
The Offsiders were an absolute disgrace today and that Caroline Wilson bitch and that wrinkled host are the main culprits.

They spent virtually the entire show bagging that Origin game and then had a dig at league over the unfortunate Tony Des La Heras incident.

Everything is "Well in AFL we just wouldn't tolerate it". That horrible was even saying that rugby league was struggling and losing sponsorships hand over fist. This is the same women that complained when the Storm got the back page after winning the 1999 Grand Final.

I thought Roy Masters made some good points, but I felt he was ambushed by these pompous clowns. I was hoping he'd bring up a few issues, but he didn't. He did well under the circumstances.

Peoples this is why I f**king depise AFL and the f**kwits who run and support that particular game. They dead set think their sh*t doesn't stink despite experiencing the exact same issues. A couple of weeks ago there was a blatant head-butt from an AFL player and it split his opponent open. He received only one week.

AFL is mud and as far as I'm concerned their f**ked up game can stay entrenched south of the Murray. If they are going to bag our game and our culture then they can f**k off.

Greenbits

Juniors
I can't stand that "Carro" Wilson.

Even the way she speaks, "Th, th, th, th..."

Such an old buzzard, and yet I can't look away...

She's like a horror movie that I can't take my eyes off.

303_chef_folks.gif

Shes a goddam Succubus

taipan

Referee
Has anyone emailed that mob,with reality checks.Watched the show this morning,and it was a promo for AFL with (3 holier than thou'ers ) AFLers ripping in to rugby league.
It doesn't seem to sink in to these clowns,this "violence' is as rare as hens teeth,is not condoned by rl authorities.
I seem to remmber Hall getting a few weeks for a king hit off the ball,where danny williams of the storm got 14 odd weeks for the same thing playing for the storm.
The bleeding coach of the Bris Lions(Voss),was involved in a nightclub punchup a couple of years ago.
Notice all quiet on the Carlton (pay the birds off front) AFL dramas,.Got to thank M Jackson's sad demise for getting it off the front page.

Brutus

Referee
Fancy linking that bashing (which involved an aussie rules player) to the Origin game.

They are pathetic and they are the major reason why our game will never go away. Our passion will get stronger!!

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Fancy linking that bashing (which involved an aussie rules player) to the Origin game.

They are pathetic and they are the major reason why our game will never go away. Our passion will get stronger!!
Also it was a Melbounre bashing with some AFL players being the vitum. Nothing to do with Leuge FFS.

There'd he a huge amount of AFL supporters "South of the boarder" that would of seen the SOO match and realised what is missing from thier game.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
AFL players run around like a bunch of frustrated twinkies.
They know there is C##k around but can't seem to get any.

The Commentators revel in this shameless sense of inept inaction relieved of making decisions as they are told what to think and say.

(My 2c)

stormtragic

Juniors
they (the afl journo's) watched the game and realised if RL marketed itself correctly we would be the number 1 sport by far, they are scared of how good rugby league is as a game and a tv product and use the end of the game fight as way to bring it down

the afl is full of cheap punches yet they (the media) never say its a sport issue, Roy made some good points but would love to see him raise the tv ratings and say when was the last time afl in sydney got over 100k..Origin rated 280k in melb

Flapper

First Grade
I'd love to turn The Offsiders into a Q&A style show, so people from the audience could pipe up and call out mentalists like C. Wilson, but of course she would probably leave as soon as her weekly pushing of her barrow around the ABC turns into something resembling fact discussion and less into pushing her misguided agendas.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'd love to turn The Offsiders into a Q&A style show, so people from the audience could pipe up and call out mentalists like C. Wilson, but of course she would probably leave as soon as her weekly pushing of her barrow around the ABC turns into something resembling fact discussion and less into pushing her misguided agendas.

the ABC would film it in Melbourne so it would be even worse

Brutus

Referee
That show should change it's name to "Criticising Rugby League by comparing it with holier than thou AFL"

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
i cannot STAND that woman.

remember when that whole sam newman thing happened, she coulda come out and really stood up for women in sport but all she could come up with was 'well AFL is better than league with its treatment of women'. bitch PLEASE.

also if ur gonna be on tv, maybe get ur teeth bleached. just sayin.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I have heard at least a dozen AFL people bring up the origin fight and condemn it. Why the need? It clearly is an attempt to pull the game down as Brutus said the fact is it was a bloody top game. It's like they all got together and were told this is the angle we want to take on this.

Roy was ambushed no doubt this morning.

The only reason these AFL clowns make mention of our game is purely we are top dog in Sydney and they want what we have so they use any cheap shots they can get (which is typical of an AFL game). Their sport lacks anywhere near the intensity of rugby league or the heart.

Last edited: