What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing NFL Fantasy Football Thread

nick87

Coach
Ooof. That looks tough
We're thinking of doing a spastic team, where i fill the team with Brian Hoyer's and Trich's of the world and if you lose to them, you get a 20 point penalty for the following week

hellteam

First Grade
We did a 7 team league one year. Just had an 8th team full of the worst players (players that don't even play) and just called them the BYE. It wasn't too bad

Do you think I made the right choice?

In the BHQ Dynasty League, I had pick 3. The previous two guys selected Frank Gore & Lamar Miller so I had all of the rookies available and a few other stars. Melvin Gordon was probably the guy to take but I already have Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch and Eddie Lacy. Whereas at WR I only have Jordan Matthews and DeSean Jackson. I ended up taking Brandin Cooks.

What would you have done? Take a 4th RB as best available despite the starting roster being 2 rb/3 wr/ 1 flex? Or would you have taken Amari Cooper? Or was Brandin Cooks a smart pick?

nick87

Coach
Cooks is a good pick, he should produce in that offence
I'd have take Gordon myself and tried trading AP or Lynch for a top tier young WR like Mike Evans, let's you get younger at RB, and addresses the WR position

Do you guys have any players that you have trouble trusting because of previous seasons that you drafted them and they let you down massively, but have since gone on to better things (e.g. Marshawn Lynch, Steve Smith etc.)? On the flip side of that, is there somebody that you draft a bit higher than their ADP because they have done a great job for you in the past?

nick87

Coach
I dont trust Eagles players
I owned Shady in his down year, DeSean in his down year, Maclin when he did his knee, Foles last year, McNabb when he feel off the cliff
If there is a player i rate on a similar level, ill always take the non eagle over the eagle

zombie jesus

Staff member
I'll be doing the daily stuff this year, I made a little at the end of last year after finally getting around to it. I'm away for the first week, but will get into it week 2 or 3.

abpanther

Staff member
I'll be doing the daily stuff this year, I made a little at the end of last year after finally getting around to it. I'm away for the first week, but will get into it week 2 or 3.

Good stuff man

How much were you spending every week? Do they have comps for all amounts (e.g. $1 $2, etc)?

Is the scoring pretty similar to what we use?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Good stuff man

How much were you spending every week? Do they have comps for all amounts (e.g. $1 $2, etc)?

Is the scoring pretty similar to what we use?

Yes to all of that. I was only playing small stakes just to get a feel of it. It's the same as online poker (a lot of the same people too), the higher the stakes, the tougher the field.

I have a history of addiction, so I just think it's a bad idea for me to enter this shit, I know how into it I would get.

kurt faulk

Coach

so i went to draftkings to register and it seems only americans and canadians can join in. do you guys just put in random places and join?

abpanther

Staff member
So all the statistics and everything else points to Kirk Cousins having a massive game this week going up against that woeful Saints secondary, I'm considering starting him ahead of guys like Palmer, etc.

But it just feels so wrong, I mean he's Kirk freakin Cousins!

Latest posts