What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Overrated Bands

JDHD

Juniors
Dillinger Escape Plan do nothing for me. Converge and The Chariot are my benchmarks for math metal.

The Damo

Juniors
U2 just came on the radio. I cringed and changed the station before I realised what I was doing.

Bono was interviewed talking about what a great guitarist The Edge is, and how he revolutionised guitar.

What a load of bollocks. As far as I'm concerned U2 is just another overhyped pop band. But for some reason people fawn over them. I just don't get it, and I don't imagine I ever will.

Any other suggestions for overrated bands?
U2 are definitely way overrated - but, Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum have some very good songs on them. Just about everything since has been damn near unlistenable.
I like plenty of hip hop, but think Kanye is way overrated. A couple great tracks, plenty of meh.

SBD82

Coach
U2 are definitely way overrated - but, Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum have some very good songs on them. Just about everything since has been damn near unlistenable.
I like plenty of hip hop, but think Kanye is way overrated. A couple great tracks, plenty of meh.
Macklemore too. I can't understand why anyone would want to listen to a poor imitation of sage Francis when you could just listen to the real thing.

st penguin

Juniors
Agree with U2, totally over hyped.
Oasis, Nickelback, Foo Fighters, Screaming Jets and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are all bands that have me reaching for the change channel button.

There are two versions of the Peppers. With John Frusciante is good. Without Frusciante is very mediocre.

FlameThrower

Bench
U2’s - Unforgettable Fire, Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree are classics. They dipped with last few Albums by trying to please everyone.
If you are talking over rated I would say Queen and The Who - some good songs but the rest of the catalogue is average to me. While don’t get me started on that Ed Sheeran - modern version of the wedding singer ..,