What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot- qantas

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Thankfully the Punters are waking up to the Tories bullshit. Hey the next ten months are going to be fun.

You've gone mad. Unless your talking punters down at the tab. Othe rthan that the only people in a hissy fit, are people liek yourself.
Tones cruzin. Rupes will get him home along with the help of my small business mates who tell their employess how to vote, the mining magnates, all the rich cuties on hedges avenue, my mate at the NAB, Alan Jones, Nathan Tinkler, Johnny Howard, Peter Reith & Alexander Downer.

Quigs

Immortal
You've gone mad. Unless your talking punters down at the tab. Othe rthan that the only people in a hissy fit, are people liek yourself.
Tones cruzin. Rupes will get him home along with the help of my small business mates who tell their employess how to vote, the mining magnates, all the rich cuties on hedges avenue, my mate at the NAB, Alan Jones, Nathan Tinkler, Johnny Howard, Peter Reith & Alexander Downer.

What a team !!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah they're misfits, but at least they are not parasites.
You'll ove it when they are back slapping Tone , up on the acceptance stage.

Surely

Post Whore
So it wasn't the democratically elected Prime Minister Gillard who called out the State Premiers to do something about the Gold Plating and Gouging of Electricity Prices. I must of been watching another country or something.

Don't you remember that? The democratically elected Prime Minister Gillard told the Premiers to do something or she will. Guess they jumped as commanded.

Hard decisions .....

Now what did you say .... did I hear you say "yeah but we've done this" or "we are going to do that"

Just asking Surely.

Did she was that after she put 10% on ?

You're paying woolies carbon tax bill quite, you don't think their bill went up do you ?

Market power ensuring quigs chips in fit woolies share lol

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Carbon Tax, gone in 2 years.
Windmill & solarists levies. Gone in 2 years.
Lefties left with about 6 heroes elected , Australia wide. You pharken beauty.

Quigs

Immortal
Food prices have actually gone down Surely, and the 10% has been compensated.

Surely its time that you really stopped talking sh!t....

You're paying woolies carbon tax bill quite, you don't think their bill went up do you ?

"We will start to see some further deflation in fruit and vegetables, which is great for the customer," Mr McEntee said. Currently Woolworths' average measure of fruit and vegetable prices is one per cent lower than this time last year.

Food prices in Australia are really going down

IN A remarkable reversal, Australian families are now enjoying the fastest-falling food prices in the developed world.

After unrivalled increases, local food costs declined by 2.7 per cent in the 12 months to the end of September, News Limited analysis of OECD data reveals.
"We can confirm that Australia had the biggest price decline of food prices in the recent past," Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development spokesman Lawrence Speer said.

Is your food bill cheaper? Have your say below
Some of this most recent drop is due to fruit prices normalising after the effects of the Queensland floods of late 2010 and early 2011, the Victorian floods of January 2011 and Cyclone Yasi in February 2011.

However, the OECD data also shows that there is a broader and more sustained trend at work.

Since the end of 2009, Australian food prices have remained contained when compared to similar nations such as Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the US.
Between 2000 and 2009, Australians had endured the fastest-rising food prices among major developed nations.

Two of the significant factors in the turnaround, according to University of Queensland economics professor John Quiggin, have been the end of the drought - increasing supply - and the strong Australian dollar, which has helped to limit the cost of globally traded food ingredients such as wheat.

"The appreciation of the dollar pushes down the prices of commodities, which pushes down the price for Australian consumers," Professor Quiggin said.

Choice spokeswoman Ingrid Just said there was a "misconception" that food bills were still rising.

"Consumers may be quite surprised to see these results given that the overall cost of living feels like it has really increased," Ms Just said.

A recent national poll by Lonergan found more than three-quarters of respondents believed costs were rising faster than the official overall inflation rate of 2 per cent. Among these people, two-thirds of men and four out of five women mistakenly believed food prices had risen more than 2 per cent over the past year.

The costs that are actually rising fast are rents, rates, electricity, gas, healthcare and education expenses, Australian Bureau of Statistics data shows.

At the supermarket, shoppers have been saving $100 million a month on food, new research by Deloitte Access Economics claims.

The Deloitte report, commissioned by Coles, said that across the entire supermarket sector the "overall saving in food could in fact be worth $1.8 billion or more over the 18-month period" to end of June 2012.

Deloitte cited causes including increased competition between Coles and Woolworths as well as the entry of players such as Costco and before them, Aldi.

There may be more savings to come. Woolworths' general manager of fresh food Pat McEntee said that following excellent seasons in "almost all regions", shoppers would soon benefit from additional price reductions.

"We will start to see some further deflation in fruit and vegetables, which is great for the customer," Mr McEntee said. Currently Woolworths' average measure of fruit and vegetable prices is one per cent lower than this time last year.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/money/cost-o...rd/story-fnagkbpv-1226548530083#ixzz2I1VP6pSK

Honestly you Tories are just soooooo 1960's

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Lol.
Declined to be "just the most expensive in the world" not "the phucking unberlievably most expensive in the world."
The $5 bananas were a beauty. $22 a kilo.
LOL

Quigs is going to have to door knock 12 million homes if he think anybody cares about his rubbish. & even then they won't.
The advertising Quigs. The advertising.

Surely

Post Whore
Food prices have actually gone down Surely, and the 10% has been compensated.

Surely its time that you really stopped talking sh!t....

Food prices in Australia are really going down

IN A remarkable reversal, Australian families are now enjoying the fastest-falling food prices in the developed world.

After unrivalled increases, local food costs declined by 2.7 per cent in the 12 months to the end of September, News Limited analysis of OECD data reveals.
"We can confirm that Australia had the biggest price decline of food prices in the recent past," Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development spokesman Lawrence Speer said.

Is your food bill cheaper? Have your say below
Some of this most recent drop is due to fruit prices normalising after the effects of the Queensland floods of late 2010 and early 2011, the Victorian floods of January 2011 and Cyclone Yasi in February 2011.

However, the OECD data also shows that there is a broader and more sustained trend at work.

Since the end of 2009, Australian food prices have remained contained when compared to similar nations such as Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the US.
Between 2000 and 2009, Australians had endured the fastest-rising food prices among major developed nations.

Two of the significant factors in the turnaround, according to University of Queensland economics professor John Quiggin, have been the end of the drought - increasing supply - and the strong Australian dollar, which has helped to limit the cost of globally traded food ingredients such as wheat.

"The appreciation of the dollar pushes down the prices of commodities, which pushes down the price for Australian consumers," Professor Quiggin said.

Choice spokeswoman Ingrid Just said there was a "misconception" that food bills were still rising.

"Consumers may be quite surprised to see these results given that the overall cost of living feels like it has really increased," Ms Just said.

A recent national poll by Lonergan found more than three-quarters of respondents believed costs were rising faster than the official overall inflation rate of 2 per cent. Among these people, two-thirds of men and four out of five women mistakenly believed food prices had risen more than 2 per cent over the past year.

The costs that are actually rising fast are rents, rates, electricity, gas, healthcare and education expenses, Australian Bureau of Statistics data shows.

At the supermarket, shoppers have been saving $100 million a month on food, new research by Deloitte Access Economics claims.

The Deloitte report, commissioned by Coles, said that across the entire supermarket sector the "overall saving in food could in fact be worth $1.8 billion or more over the 18-month period" to end of June 2012.

Deloitte cited causes including increased competition between Coles and Woolworths as well as the entry of players such as Costco and before them, Aldi.

There may be more savings to come. Woolworths' general manager of fresh food Pat McEntee said that following excellent seasons in "almost all regions", shoppers would soon benefit from additional price reductions.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/money/cost-o...rd/story-fnagkbpv-1226548530083#ixzz2I1VP6pSK

Honestly you Tories are just soooooo 1960's

Yes quigs we know, that's what i said youre chipping in to pay their bill.

The carbon tax is a magic pudding right, nobody is a loser.

Quigs

Immortal
$1.89 a kilo bananas at The Parks brand new IGA the other week.

Back to pre Yassi Prices. What price are the bananas a kilo in the supermarket nearest to Hedges farkkkken Parade, Gold farkkkken Coast.

With all those bludging out of work Tradies and broke Small Businesses they should be getting them (the bananas) for free.

I did notice over Christmas that Lobster was $56 a kilo at the Emu Park IGA. Only time Ive seen them in the Deli. The missus and I chuckled. We used to get 5 lobsters for $20 off my aboriginal mate Big Edgar when I was in Narooma.

Arrhhhh the good old days.

Think bananas were $2.98 a kilo yesterday ... by the way. Can't believe how lucky I am and how cheap it is to live and eat these days. Although the chics at the checkout call me Mr Reduced to Clear and one of them always jokes about me hitting the aisles on the wrong day .... pension day is Thursday she laughs... bless her lil heart.

Quigs

Immortal
Yes quigs we know, that's what i said youre chipping in to pay their bill.

The carbon tax is a magic pudding right, nobody is a loser.

You just don't get it do you Surely. The whole idea is to reduce our use of energy and lower the Carbon immissions. And guess what me old chin wagg, it is working already.

Now I bet you have even got energy efficient lightbulbs in your house. And you keep an eye on the A/C.

Do you have solar panels Surely? Wish I could afford to get them right now. Working on it.

Everyone is doing their bit.. united we stand ... solidarity.

Good to see most the TV stations doing little bits on climate change this week around the evening news time.

Its a wonderful world. You can just feel the vibes. Not python squeezing, no cobra strikes. Gee those unprecedented heatwaves were a worry. hmmmm.

Surely

Post Whore
You just don't get it do you Surely. The whole idea is to reduce our use of energy and lower the Carbon immissions. And guess what me old chin wagg, it is working already.

Now I bet you have even got energy efficient lightbulbs in your house. And you keep an eye on the A/C.

Do you have solar panels Surely? Wish I could afford to get them right now. Working on it.

Everyone is doing their bit.. united we stand ... solidarity.

Good to see most the TV stations doing little bits on climate change this week around the evening news time.

Its a wonderful world. You can just feel the vibes. Not python squeezing, no cobra strikes. Gee those unprecedented heatwaves were a worry. hmmmm.

Guess what I already had those light bulbs, electricity was expensive enough.

I didn't get the solar panels, kicking myself now, you would have been subsidizing my power bill too.

Surely

Post Whore
Winners and loses as carbon tax begins
Written by Ross Kendall
Saturday, 30 June 2012
AGL energy will be the only company to directly benefit from the introduction of the carbon tax while Qantas and Virgin Blue will take the biggest hit according to JP Morgan research.

The introduction of the carbon tax from July 1 will add between 9 per cent and 10.8 per cent to AGL (ASX: AGK) earnings per share (EPS) forecasts over the next three years according to JPMorgan.

“AGL via Loy Yang A power station receives an upfront cash payment and free permits, in addition to benefiting from any increase in wholesale electricity prices,” the stock broker said.

AGL is the only company in JP Morgan’s coverage expected to benefit directly from the carbon tax.

The transport sector will be the most negatively affected by the carbon tax levied through an increase in the fuel excise tax. Both Qantas (ASX: QAN) and Virgin Blue (ASX: VBA) will face a significant increase in fuel costs that “may prove difficult to pass through to customers via higher ticket prices” JP Morgan said.

VBA forecasts include EPS falls of 14.7 per cent to 10.3 per cent over the next three years, while QAN falls in EPS of between 11.6 per cent and 7.9 per cent are expected.

Companies benefiting from the government’s Emissions Intensive Trade Exposed (EITE) scheme, which provides free carbon permits each year on a declining scale, include: Boral (ASX: BLD), Adelaide Brighton (ASX: ABC), Bluescope Steel (ASX: BSL), Onesteel (ASX: OST), Wesfarmes (ASX: WES) and Woodside Petroleum (ASX: WPL).

http://www.ethicalinvestor.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4534

Lucky qantas and vb aren't trade exposed, but they'll be right when their solar powered planes arrive

Quigs

Immortal
Winners and loses as carbon tax begins
Written by Ross Kendall
Saturday, 30 June 2012
AGL energy will be the only company to directly benefit from the introduction of the carbon tax while Qantas and Virgin Blue will take the biggest hit according to JP Morgan research.

The introduction of the carbon tax from July 1 will add between 9 per cent and 10.8 per cent to AGL (ASX: AGK) earnings per share (EPS) forecasts over the next three years according to JPMorgan.

?AGL via Loy Yang A power station receives an upfront cash payment and free permits, in addition to benefiting from any increase in wholesale electricity prices,? the stock broker said.

AGL is the only company in JP Morgan?s coverage expected to benefit directly from the carbon tax.

The transport sector will be the most negatively affected by the carbon tax levied through an increase in the fuel excise tax. Both Qantas (ASX: QAN) and Virgin Blue (ASX: VBA) will face a significant increase in fuel costs that ?may prove difficult to pass through to customers via higher ticket prices? JP Morgan said.

VBA forecasts include EPS falls of 14.7 per cent to 10.3 per cent over the next three years, while QAN falls in EPS of between 11.6 per cent and 7.9 per cent are expected.

Companies benefiting from the government?s Emissions Intensive Trade Exposed (EITE) scheme, which provides free carbon permits each year on a declining scale, include: Boral (ASX: BLD), Adelaide Brighton (ASX: ABC), Bluescope Steel (ASX: BSL), Onesteel (ASX: OST), Wesfarmes (ASX: WES) and Woodside Petroleum (ASX: WPL).

http://www.ethicalinvestor.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4534

Lucky qantas and vb aren't trade exposed, but they'll be right when their solar powered planes arrive

Wow that from a radical right wing rag.

Why for do you bring up something from June 2012, even before the start of the Carbon Reduction Scheme. Why for Two Dogs. The scheme started on the 1st July..

Why don't you produce a document that is current and up to date. Now that might be interesting.

4 Air conditioners too. Have you got as many as Mr NAB. Moi.... I have none. Just open doors and windows.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
4 Air conditioners too. Have you got as many as Mr NAB. Moi.... I have none. Just open doors and windows.

Good for you. Where my grandma lives the had no air. Only smoke. But she hates lefties & greenys so she stole the remote & wouldnt let any cheap cuties turn em off.

Surely

Post Whore
Wow that from a radical right wing rag.

Why for do you bring up something from June 2012, even before the start of the Carbon Reduction Scheme. Why for Two Dogs. The scheme started on the 1st July..

Why don't you produce a document that is current and up to date. Now that might be interesting.

Because the increase on fuel is a known factor.

Maybe they can shut one engine down in flight

Quigs

Immortal
LOL LOL Lollipops times a squillion. Everybody had their 4 airconditioners blazing. They still do! That bill arrives in March. Just pre advertising.
You pharken ripper
. LOL

ABBOTT SUFFERS ELECTRIC SHOCK... He was Cobra struck

STUNTMAN Abbott suffers bill shock

Scrutiny of the bill quickly and clearly shows that Mrs Verolme used approximately twice as much electricity over the most recent period compared with the previous one.

abbott-14.jpg

OPPOSITION Leader Tony Abbott was accused of misleading Parliament yesterday when he claimed a Perth pensioner had suffered a massive hike in her power bill because of the carbon tax when in fact the woman had doubled her electricity usage.

Mr Abbott used question time yesterday afternoon to resume his attacks on the carbon tax, producing a bill from a woman named Hetty Verolme, a resident of Perth whose latest bill had more than doubled

Mrs Verolme's bill from early June to early August was $1563.70, up from $736.25 in the previous period, according to a copy tabled in the Parliament

''With an $800 increase in just one bill, of which 70 per cent is due to the carbon tax, how can the Prime Minister possibly claim that Hetty's compensation is in any way adequate?''

He said the woman had ''nearly had a heart attack'' when she saw her latest bill.

But scrutiny of the bill quickly and clearly shows that Mrs Verolme used approximately twice as much electricity over the most recent period compared with the previous one.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/po...-bill-shock-20121010-27dkg.html#ixzz2I2Rt8qPV

I wonder if poor old Hetty had the four air cons going....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts