What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our "New winger" Went Well Last Night!

gitano

Juniors
Hopefully not going to waste big money on a bloke to play on the pick n swing.

Need a good quality meathead to replace Fudge.

ALSGI

Bench
Dugan was never worth anything more we were offering - we lost him fair and square what I'm saying is u can't replace a Dugan w an untried junior - u need to put some experience back into the back line. Johnston will come in as winger for next 4 years and a great finisher he is!
That's just dumb. AJ for 4 yrs. Let's just tell Mann, Field, Dufty etc they can wait 4 yrs or look elsewhere. Let's sign Nighty for a couple more years too. Why develop Juniors????

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Look....we have 700k from dugan....we can still keep bloody mann and co and still sign a good strike weapon.

Also ....why dont you understand its up to our juniors to show such great form that it forces their selection? !.

Competition for spots breeds success.

Just bcause you are a junior does not get you selected!

Geeze man.

ALSGI

Bench
When the opportunity arises, we blood juniors, see what they have in FG.

When Dugan/Widdop are injured the opportunity exists.

Or we could just go shopping, and let some one else buy our juniors.

Old Timer

Coach
Look....we have 700k from dugan....we can still keep bloody mann and co and still sign a good strike weapon.

Also ....why dont you understand its up to our juniors to show such great form that it forces their selection? !.

Competition for spots breeds success.

Just bcause you are a junior does not get you selected!

Geeze man.
According to some our side is going so well there are no spots and everything is hunky dory and we can even afford to let seasoned internationals walk.
If you can't find a way to blood juniors who have been signed due to having "potential" how is it we can sign another "utility" "depth" "strike weapon" which are all terms being used to describe this bloke.
Were you happy with what we did with Jack Bird?
You must be as you are willing to perpetuate the same behaviour.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dugan was never worth anything more we were offering - we lost him fair and square what I'm saying is u can't replace a Dugan w an untried junior - u need to put some experience back into the back line. Johnston will come in as winger for next 4 years and a great finisher he is!

Surely, your taking the piss now.
4yrs!!!

saintsarealive1

Juniors
That's just dumb. AJ for 4 yrs. Let's just tell Mann, Field, Dufty etc they can wait 4 yrs or look elsewhere. Let's sign Nighty for a couple more years too. Why develop Juniors????

Idiot comment.
Players show form get selected.

It it hard to understand for you?

Not everyone wins a prize..this isnt school football.

Walpole

Juniors
Why the f**k is there another Alex Johnston thread? What exactly is wrong with you mickeylane? Are you his manager? Father? Mother?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
1Field
2Macdonald
3Lafai
4Aitken /Milne
5Herbert
6Widdop
7Hunt

That brings in both Field and Herbert and within time, Lomax, Garrick, Marsters can also be brought in,the signing of Johnston(3-4year deal) will literally cut this off....

saintsarealive1

Juniors
According to some our side is going so well there are no spots and everything is hunky dory and we can even afford to let seasoned internationals walk.
If you can't find a way to blood juniors who have been signed due to having "potential" how is it we can sign another "utility" "depth" "strike weapon" which are all terms being used to describe this bloke.
Were you happy with what we did with Jack Bird?
You must be as you are willing to perpetuate the same behaviour.
Jack Bird is one example where the club thought he needed 13 more months to hit first grade.

Many many MANY juniors would stay loyal when told. ..12 more months.

Bird has now shown he has ZERO loyalty... leaving the sharks and saying he will not reach his potential there. Ha ha

What a dead set knob head he is. Reminds me a bif of Todd Carneys personality.

That one player aside....would you mind listing other juniors we held back who went onto great things?

What about how wr kept Gasnier, Cooper, Nighty, Dean Young, Brad McKay, Lance Thompson, Shaun Timmins, Ben Creagh....etc etc etc.

And there are 100s more in our history.

What juniors have been let go that are stars?

Dont mention Bird....he is one player and he is moving on again.

I, 2, 3....go!

saintsarealive1

Juniors
1Field
2Macdonald
3Lafai
4Aitken /Milne
5Herbert
6Widdop
7Hunt

That brings in both Field and Herbert and within time, Lomax, Garrick, Marsters can also be brought in,the signing of Johnston(3-4year deal) will literally cut this off....
No it wont....or arent our juniors capable of winning a spot on their own accord against a player we may bring in?

None of the juniors you mentioned are dead set certainties to be first grade stars

Sick of this our juniors are so damb great crap!

qld redvee

Juniors
Johnston offered a contract for certain up to him to accept it.
Also Dragons looking at Lussick and Lillyman - so whoever posted in here we should be looking at Lillyman - well we are!!
Mickey - surely Lillyman is way past it as a replacement for Packer.... IMO he would not bend the line back and he would be at best a fringe first grader ( something we have had enough of before ) Sure he has experience BUT if I had a choice between Lillyman and the cutters Id be going Kerr or Lawrie any time but thats just my thoughts

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Mickey - surely Lillyman is way past it as a replacement for Packer.... IMO he would not bend the line back and he would be at best a fringe first grader ( something we have had enough of before ) Sure he has experience BUT if I had a choice between Lillyman and the cutters Id be going Kerr or Lawrie any time but thats just my thoughts
Lilyman is in QLD SOO team....must be half decent.
Guess we will see on wed night.

Old Timer

Coach
Jack Bird is one example where the club thought he needed 13 more months to hit first grade.

Many many MANY juniors would stay loyal when told. ..12 more months.

Bird has now shown he has ZERO loyalty... leaving the sharks and saying he will not reach his potential there. Ha ha

What a dead set knob head he is. Reminds me a bif of Todd Carneys personality.

That one player aside....would you mind listing other juniors we held back who went onto great things?

What about how wr kept Gasnier, Cooper, Nighty, Dean Young, Brad McKay, Lance Thompson, Shaun Timmins, Ben Creagh....etc etc etc.

And there are 100s more in our history.

What juniors have been let go that are stars?

Dont mention Bird....he is one player and he is moving on again.

I, 2, 3....go!
Love a man that can score a home goal as well as shoot himself in the foot.
You are a hostile witness in your own case FFS.
Age when they debuted for 1st grade and of course all went onto stellar careers.
Gas 19
Coops 20
Nighty 20
Young 19
Mc Kay 18
Thompson 18
Timmins 18
Creagh 18
No wonder we kept them we had them in 1st grade early and kept them there. They had a clear pathway and the support and belief of the club.
Who of the current crop have been afforded that opportunity?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
No it wont....or arent our juniors capable of winning a spot on their own accord against a player we may bring in?

None of the juniors you mentioned are dead set certainties to be first grade stars

Sick of this our juniors are so damb great crap!
why bring him in on potentially a 4 year deal @$400k, then play him in reserve grade?... Give them a chance and see if they're 1st graders, raiders gave Cotric a chance he is playing ok for a 20yo, don't get the point in keeping them in reserves for years...

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Love a man that can score a home goal as well as shoot himself in the foot.
You are a hostile witness in your own case FFS.
Age when they debuted for 1st grade and of course all went onto stellar careers.
Gas 19
Coops 20
Nighty 20
Young 19
Mc Kay 18
Thompson 18
Timmins 18
Creagh 18
No wonder we kept them we had them in 1st grade early and kept them there. They had a clear pathway and the support and belief of the club.
Who of the current crop have been afforded that opportunity?
You are a fool....my point is we keep all our juniors except 0.000005 %

Tell me who we havent kept

Name names or get ya self to bed

You criticise the club for not keeping juniors but cannot name any besides the journey man bird

Just lmao

ALSGI

Bench
Idiot comment.
Players show form get selected.

It it hard to understand for you?

Not everyone wins a prize..this isnt school football.
AJ is 22yo!!!
??????? You are taking the Mickey.
I know he's 22yo.
He made his FG debut at 20, played GF that year.
No AJ, we have our own juniors to try, test and promote if they're good enough like other clubs do.
Or we lose them, then Possm will blame you Mickey.