What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our "New winger" Went Well Last Night!

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Problem is that Mary won't be there and we will lose games next year testing these juniors.

Your 30 point theory surely doesn't apply, otherwise most of the reserve graders would have replaced first graders last year.
Huh? What i was saying is nsw cup sides would get beat by around 30 points by a first grade side, on average. Not the best first grade side against the worst nsw cup side.

Say Saints firsts vs Illawarra.

I guess it could be 50?

Do you think more or less?

Gareth67

First Grade
No way Daley white ants McGregor, plus Doust wouldn't be that stupid to give the job to Daley...

Bluudy hope not ! One thing my dear old man said to me before he departed this world ,
" Cecil , he said , there are two types of people in this world that you should never trust , those that have moustaches and those that wear toupees " :innocent:

Bluudy hope not ! One thing my dear old man said to me before he departed this world ,
" Cecil , he said , there are two types of people in this world that you should never trust , those that have moustaches and those that wear toupees " :innocent:

Sound advice from the old man there Gareth67.... mine said three things in life to be careful of... whore houses, shit houses and Waterhouse's .. he was a smart man, I should have listened:flushed:

saintsarealive1

Juniors
x2....It appears as if we tried to get a player who deserved the $$$ by saying they weren't worth the $$$ and were only good enough to be a centre. Reminds me of when we farked over Lance Thompson.
Geeze....dugan was offerred 700k to 800k.
How much did you want us to offer him?
A million?

You know what, we will score more points without Dugan.

We will get a fullback that can make a break and pass the bloody ball to his supports.

Relook at nightys game vs warriors.

Beautiful passing. Sublime.

In Dugans dreams!

I am sick of it.

I am happy he is going.

Bring on happy fresh talent.
Sick of whingers.

F**...ing moan moan moan.

As far as Lance Thompson goes....do you even know or bother to find out the actual circumstance that made it impossible for him to stay?!

Crush

Coach
so you're saying Mary has nothing to do with the team's success at the moment? nothing at all?
That is exactly what he is saying and there is nothing that you can say to sway his opinion whatsoever. Dragons could win this 2017 comp and possm will be saying "this just goes to show that they should have won last year given that they had mostly the same team. Mary must go and Madge must be brought in" ......or something to that effect....

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
A million?

We will get a fullback that can make a break and pass the bloody ball to his supports.

In Dugans dreams!

I am sick of it.

I am happy he is going.

Sick of whingers.

As far as Lance Thompson goes....do you even know or bother to find out the actual circumstance that made it impossible for him to stay?!

He wanted to get paid as much as Widdop and Hunt...and the dragons said he wasn't worth as much...did I say I wanted to sign him for a million?

Do you know the facts about Thompson? If so...please fill me in...you come across as a merkin that knows it all.

Relax...no need to bitch and moan champ.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
That is exactly what he is saying and there is nothing that you can say to sway his opinion whatsoever. Dragons could win this 2017 comp and possm will be saying "this just goes to show that they should have won last year given that they had mostly the same team. Mary must go and Madge must be brought in" ......or something to that effect....

Unbelievable....need to give Mary some credit I say.

Carlton

Juniors
A million?

In Dugans dreams!

I am sick of it.

I am happy he is going.

Sick of whingers.

Nightingales game against the Warriors was good but not the brilliant effort you are trying to make out it was. I do not believe that he is a better fullback than Dugan.

Defensively Dugan is better, Dugan beats the first defender more than just about any other fullback, he takes hit ups into the teeth of the forwards to help out and makes more metres per game than just about any other fullback. He did this in a team that was a basket case.

Now lets stop shoving that we had to pay a million dollars down our throats like that was fact. He would have stayed for one extra year, sharks paid about $700K.

JDHD

Juniors
I'm not proud of how the club has handled this. I find it embarrassing how the whole negotiation process was handled by the club.

Dugan has had a low offer made in November which the club did not change over all that time. As far as I can remember Dugan was silent for months and the only comment he made was things were progressing and there were just a couple of details to sort out.

He made a comment he was an elite player and wanted to be paid and recognised as one. This seems fair enough and doesn't seem any different to what many other players say. His comment about being a fullback was because Millward used the argument that he was a centre and centre's should be paid less.

I am sorry he is going and think we will miss his whole hearted contributions.

Did you read the interview in the telegraph with Dugan two weeks ago? He basically said he wanted elite fullback money, around $1 million a year, he believed anything less was an insult and said, quote, "I don't know what their (the Dragons) problem is" in regards to why they wouldn't budge on his price. Let's not lose sight of the fact that the 'low price' they offered him was over seven times the average annual household salary.

Then he comes out and says he left because of a lack of respect because they refused to pay him more even though he's going to the Sharks for $50k less a year (if you believe that #TPAs).

As I've said before on this form, he wanted the club to cup his balls and shout encouragement and reassure him that "no, it's not that small, and also that floppy thing happens to a lot of guys" and we weren't prepared to lie to him so he's pissed off to Cronulla in a huff because they called him an 'elite player who plays centre' rather than us calling him an 'elite centre'.

JDHD

Juniors
A million?

In Dugans dreams!

I am sick of it.

I am happy he is going.

Sick of whingers.

Exactly. Dugan's scored 11 tries and had three try assists since the beginning of the 2015 season. Let's also note that 7 of those 11 tries came in four games in 2015. Those are utterly woeful numbers.

Carlton

Juniors
Did you read the interview in the telegraph with Dugan two weeks ago? He basically said he wanted elite fullback money, around $1 million a year, he believed anything less was an insult and said, quote, "I don't know what their (the Dragons) problem is" in regards to why they wouldn't budge on his price. Let's not lose sight of the fact that the 'low price' they offered him was over seven times the average annual household salary.

Then he comes out and says he left because of a lack of respect because they refused to pay him more even though he's going to the Sharks for $50k less a year (if you believe that #TPAs).

As I've said before on this form, he wanted the club to cup his balls and shout encouragement and reassure him that "no, it's not that small, and also that floppy thing happens to a lot of guys" and we weren't prepared to lie to him so he's pissed off to Cronulla in a huff because they called him an 'elite player who plays centre' rather than us calling him an 'elite centre'.

If that's even true, which I doubt because it's way too petty and stupid.

Yeah, I read the telegraph, which proves what exactly. The fact is the club made an offer in November and Millward tried it on and wouldn't move his offer. I think Millward thought that as all the fullback options got taken up Dugan would have to sign on Millwards terms, take it or leave it.

The telegraph report Dugan wants a million dollars. But, he accepts considerably less to sign with sharks as they would give him a four year term and, he is willing to play where ever they need him. Sounds a hell of a lot like there was some crap being thrown Dugan's way during the negotiations that have not been reported yet.

Far from running off in a huff, he has been sitting on an offer since November that the club wont move on. He was quite open about the fact he wanted to stay at the Dragons and only recently stated he thought it would be resolved shortly. The reason he signed with the sharks was the club withdrew their offer and basically gave him the bird.

Old Timer

Coach

I don't read the Tele for all the reasons pointed out.
I used to wipe my arse with it but the print comes off too easily.
It's the worst newspaper in the country so please don't hold it up as the authority on these types of matters.
They twist interviews to suit the article they want to print and if you aren't the smartest bloke going round you will easily get caught in their spiders web.

JDHD

Juniors
I don't read the Tele for all the reasons pointed out.
I used to wipe my arse with it but the print comes off too easily.
It's the worst newspaper in the country so please don't hold it up as the authority on these types of matters.
They twist interviews to suit the article they want to print and if you aren't the smartest bloke going round you will easily get caught in their spiders web.

It was literally an interview with Josh Dugan saying he wanted more money and wouldn't budge. There was no context to misconstrue.

JDHD

Juniors
The telegraph report Dugan wants a million dollars. But, he accepts considerably less to sign with sharks as they would give him a four year term and, he is willing to play where ever they need him. Sounds a hell of a lot like there was some crap being thrown Dugan's way during the negotiations that have not been reported yet.

Far from running off in a huff, he has been sitting on an offer since November that the club wont move on. He was quite open about the fact he wanted to stay at the Dragons and only recently stated he thought it would be resolved shortly. The reason he signed with the sharks was the club withdrew their offer and basically gave him the bird.

if he really wanted to stay then he would have stayed. both clubs were offering almost identical money. He wanted out.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Exactly. Dugan's scored 11 tries and had three try assists since the beginning of the 2015 season. Let's also note that 7 of those 11 tries came in four games in 2015. Those are utterly woeful numbers.
Be interested in how many tries Dugan has saved. Defence is 50% of the game . But I guess those stats are not kept.

JDHD

Juniors
Be interested in how many tries Dugan has saved. Defence is 50% of the game . But I guess those stats are not kept.
They are actually (I can't believe it either).
He's made two try saves this year. I can't find stats for last year or the year before.

Carlton

Juniors

If you think that those stats are all there is to what makes a player worth it or not, you have no idea.

Darius Boyd scored 2 tries in 2009, 2 tries in 2010, 3 tries in 2012, 3 tries in 2014, 3 tries in 2015 and in his time with the dragons from 2009 to 2011 scored 13 tries.

Dugan has better stats this year for average metres per game, line breaks per game, offloads per game, tries per game. So based on this Boyd must be rubbish.