What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our side for 2011 and 2011 team discussion

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
I guess I haven't been hit by the Captain Emo bug that seems to be rife around this place ...

Ummm ... I'm a realist who comes up with my opinions based on the information in front of me. Can't see how it's been emo.

(I only cut myself at heavy metal concerts and stuff)

timka4

Bench
I think everyone's forgetting that we only finished four points outside of the top eight and considering it was, what, about four or five matches we lost by eight points or less, I don't think you can blame our so-called "soft" forward pack for those losses. Sure, we're not really a premiership threat at the moment, but with a bit more luck on the injury front (which I think we're overdue for), a top eight spot certainly isn't out of the equation.
This

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I think everyone's forgetting that we only finished four points outside of the top eight and considering it was, what, about four or five matches we lost by eight points or less, I don't think you can blame our so-called "soft" forward pack for those losses. Sure, we're not really a premiership threat at the moment, but with a bit more luck on the injury front (which I think we're overdue for), a top eight spot certainly isn't out of the equation.

4 or 5 matches we lost by 8 points or less? I hate it when people use that kind of stat.. I mean how many other clubs lost manny games by 8 points or less throughout the season. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the large majority of the comp...

You don't think our forward pack played a large role in many of our loses in 2010? For the majority of the year Gidley, Macdougall, Uate and Vuna played well. Sau didn't create a lot, but he made plenty of yards compared to the forward pack and Mullens form picked up over the course of the year.

So with the back line playing well and the halves doing a reasonable job, who else could you blame for the teams poor overall performances? Maybe the forward pack? Exactly...

perverse

Referee
4 or 5 matches we lost by 8 points or less? I hate it when people use that kind of stat.. I mean how many other clubs lost manny games by 8 points or less throughout the season. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the large majority of the comp...

You don't think our forward pack played a large role in many of our loses in 2010? For the majority of the year Gidley, Macdougall, Uate and Vuna played well. Sau didn't create a lot, but he made plenty of yards compared to the forward pack and Mullens form picked up over the course of the year.

So with the back line playing well and the halves doing a reasonable job, who else could you blame for the teams poor overall performances? Maybe the forward pack? Exactly...
yeah, it's a ridiculous stat really. all that losing lots of close games tells me is that we're soft c**ks, which we were for most of the year.

it's like... how many good teams played to their potential against us? be honest with yourself. we're the kind of team that needs to sneak into the bottom of the 8 if we're any chance, only to get barrelled out by a more determined and headstrong team in the first week. we just don't have enough starch in the pack. Costigan would have helped with that... had we not lost Cross in the same breath.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I think you guys are being a bit to harsh on the forwards. They really aimed up in the last 5 or so games of the season i thought, and even started to dominate their opponents. I think it's just an attitude thing which probably falls back on the coach and our relaxed approach to training.

Who knows what will happen in the off-season guys. I know i'm not gonna give up on the players just yet.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
2011 is going to be a tough year for Newcastle, but I can't see them finishing with the wooden spoon.

If it's any consolation, I believe there will be much more to take out of 2011 than there was in 2010.

Pika

Bench
I think you guys are being a bit to harsh on the forwards. They really aimed up in the last 5 or so games of the season i thought, and even started to dominate their opponents. I think it's just an attitude thing which probably falls back on the coach and our relaxed approach to training.

Who knows what will happen in the off-season guys. I know i'm not gonna give up on the players just yet.

That is all a Club can ask for from its support base.

cram

Bench
You have to have faith. Some of the older supporters remember what it was like in those earlier years when we won little but built a team to be proud of.

Each and every week all I ask for is commitment. A love of the jumper and a regard for playing a game in an area that has a proud and notable league heritage.

RABK

Referee
1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. Aku Uate
3. Junior Sau
4. Adam MacDougall
5. James McManus
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Beau Henry
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Neville Costigan
11. Cory Paterson
12. Zeb Taia
13. Matt Hilder

14. Ben Rogers
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Mark Taufua

18. K Naiqama
19. S Likiliki
20. J Edwards
21. C Mika
22. K O'Donnell
23. E Tuimavave

If this Asotasi rumor mentioned in the Asotasi thread proves to be true then that side is a top 6 side halves performance pending.

Last edited:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. Aku Uate
3. Junior Sau
4. Adam MacDougall
5. James McManus
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Beau Henry
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Isaac De Gois
10. Neville Costigan
11. Cory Paterson
12. Zeb Taia
13. Matt Hilder

14. Ben Rogers
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Richie Fa'aoso
17. Mark Taufua

18. K Naiqama
19. S Likiliki
20. J Edwards
21. C Mika
22. K O'Donnell
23. E Tuimavave

If this Asotasi rumor mentioned in the Asotasi thread proves to be true then that side is a top 6 side halves performance pending.
That's pretty much the exact team i'd pick, except i'd probably bring Tuimavave in for Kaufusi. If the rumour is true about Asotasi (Which im not confident about tbh) it will be a very decent forward pack and could easily be a top 6 side.

I would also play Taia in the 12 next season (which I assume you want him playing on the left?). He has always played much better on the left side and he deserves the spot over Paterson. Until Paterson is back to his best, he should be played on the right imo

macavity

Referee
sorry to burst the bubble, but we haven't even spoken to Asotasi. Unless $ouths are going to shop him, we aren't getting him. And it doesn't sound like they are gunna shop him.

Yosh

Coach
sorry to burst the bubble, but we haven't even spoken to Asotasi. Unless $ouths are going to shop him, we aren't getting him. And it doesn't sound like they are gunna shop him.

Someone always has to burst the bubble. Why can't you just let us dream? Why Mac WHY!!!!:crazy: