What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers Unpopularity XIII

maple_69

Bench
Who was that highly rated Pommie we brought over in the Elliott era? Either back or half. Complete flop. Played a handful of games, sucked and pissed off. Not an uncommon story amongst SL players but the only one we’ve been part of in the NRL era as far as I can remember.

Hooked

Juniors
Who was that highly rated Pommie we brought over in the Elliott era? Either back or half. Complete flop. Played a handful of games, sucked and pissed off. Not an uncommon story amongst SL players but the only one we’ve been part of in the NRL era as far as I can remember.

Michael Worrincy?

Edit: Zac Hardaker was the back.

Last edited:

Hooked

Juniors
That ex AFL player Gould signed a few years back. He played a bit of reserve grade on the wing? then disappeared. I can't even remember his name.

snickers007

Juniors
That ex AFL player Gould signed a few years back. He played a bit of reserve grade on the wing? then disappeared. I can't even remember his name.

Josh Hall?

Lot of good players were involved in that 2016 reserve grade team.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench

Zac Hardaker the so called man of steel in 2015?

MrBlack

Juniors
Tony D’Arcy………
anyone old enough to remember him.
was a massive signing on great money (rugby convert) But couldn’t get out of reserve grade.

Kilkenny

Coach
As for the elders on here you can’t go past Bill Ashurst. Supremely talented, in an entirely different era but as for commitment to the cause he had nothing. As the folklore has it, punched his own team mate in a scrum ie Mick Stephenson packed his bags went home to the UK without telling anyone. Single handedly won a game against the Dragons who were a major force at the time, behind 19-0, Bill decided to turn it on we won 25-19. Scored one of the greatest tries i have ever seen with his chip and regather.

Kilkenny

Coach
Edit - it was Pieter Muller that I was thinking about. There was an ex Aussie rah rah name Peter Swanson that played for us as well as D'arcy.
Now I think about maybe Darcy was an Australian Union prop. I don’t know. He was short and fat, which was the body shape for tight end Union props and played accordingly.