What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you rated who ended up dissapointing you

butchmcdick

Immortal
what relevance to this topic does that post have????? Like any of those players were even remotely 'rated'?????? The coach was the Gold Coast reserve grade coast for gods sake. Anyone who remembers how woeful those clowns were back then will know what I mean.

I was there at Dairy Farmers that night beave when we played our first game against the dogs.

We did have Adrian Vowels who played origin the year before and would go onto become superleague's man of steel as well as Martin Bella who played numerous origins and had played for his country.

I seem to remember Schifilliti was well thought of when he played for the steelers too.

As for the rest of them well they were tripe. Either solid players like Ian Russell and Wilie Morganson or members of the Gold Coast's reserve grade team that Grant Bell managed to poach when he left the joint.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i was a little too young to analyze players form back in 1995, but apparently ina russell was a bit of a letdown. dally m lock at the steelers but average at nq

aqua_duck

Coach
Cory Paterson-09 was a write off, was considered a possible origin bolter after playing for the PM's XIII the year before but a bout of depression didn't help.

Ulysseus

Bench
Someone connected to the Dragons once told me Charlie's knees would stop him from ever becoming a first grader, and that he can't walk for a day or two after a match because they are so bad.

I don't know how true it is, but as it came from a teammate of his at the time, I have no reason not to believe it.

Oh, that's a shame then, he really had the potential to be something, maybe his physical size was detrimental to his knees, from memory he was tipping the scales at over 115kg for quiet a while there.

marlow

Juniors
OK
Danny sullivan was definetly a kangaroos player if not for knee injuries- super duper talent
but for people who f******* it up for themselves
OWen Craigie
Saw him at the australian schools trials at age 16
carving up for NSWCCC and brett kimmorely was playing for CHS and craigie was just the ultimate destroyer
scoring two tries a game etc.
Could have been an immortal

gregstar

Referee
for saints

graham wynn - hit the scene, set the world on fire & became a limp-wrister after a working over in the 85 gf.

steve linnane - as above, except substitute the word "cat" for limp-wrister.

billy noke - awesome junior & great for 1.5 seasons. got injured. went south after going north. he's possibly the most disappointed i've been so far as seeing players not realise their talent.

(the '85 gf f*cked a lot of saint careers)

in fact the only players from that side that really kicked on were o'connor & johns.

beattie was solid thereafter, morris had one more outstanding year along with jarvis.

dubby

Bench
Remember the Wests player that went to Brisbane? Was it Pat O'Doherty? He promised alot but disappeared rather quickly.

Robbie Simpson was another I thought would have delivered better

richies

Juniors
7. trevor bowman -was school boy rep
13. corey payne - was a gun in flegg hasnt delivered in Nrl
8. anthony hadley was the best prop at the dogs -but had asmatha ? held himback
3. pee wee moke
7. Brett Firman - impressive footwork but inconsistant
3/11/13 Karl mc nichol - only young though could be a second row option runs hard
has he signed with wenty? anyone know or were he went

Weels

Juniors
I have seen a few that disappointed, but the one on top of the heap would have to be OWEN CRAIGIE.
If Owen had done the right thing by himself, then we would be lauding him as the greatest by now.

westie

Bench
Pee Wee Moke. He's a strange one. A lot of guys lose the advantage they had in the juniors because they just don't grow big enough. This guy has enough size, just doesn't seem to cut it anymore.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Blake Green
Steve Witt
Justin Tslouos – could have been anything if he showed some aggression.
Adam Dykes – Worst parra signing ever, coming off 2001 i think just about all parra fans were looking forward to seeing him in the blue and gold, boy we’re we wrong.

Latest posts