What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predicting 5 Things that will happen season 2018

Coffs dragon

Bench
And now for something completely serious, I'm predicting for 2018:
1. NSW will win the Origin series under new coach Freddy & some new blood
2. Raiders will slide down the bottom and will sack Ricky Stuart before season ends
3. Roosters will not do as well as expected & Cronk will not be the Messiah
4. It will be the most even comp in NRL History with a log jam mid table
5. Cowboys vs Sharks GF with JT to bow out in style with a victory & legendary status

Crush

Coach
2. Raiders will slide down the bottom and will sack Ricky Stuart before season ends
5. Cowboys vs Sharks GF with JT to bow out in style with a victory & legendary status
How I would love points 1.2.3. to be true!

1. Saints won't make the 8 (let alone top 4 which I consider an absolute minimum measure of success). This despite relatively good D (notwithstanding tries from kicks) and 3 man bench rotations.
2. Despite 1 above, Mary won't be sacked.
3. Despite 1 and 2 above, Doust won't be sacked.
4. Dragons board to simply skip any meaningful review.
5. Despite all the above, you'll have the same emotionally challenged (I'm being kind during this festive season) who renew membership for 2019, removing any leverage whatsoever in bringing forward even a modicum of professionalism in this park footy club.

Straight Shooter
6. OV to continue to death ride the team in the mistaken belief that failure will bring change at the top :laughing::laughing:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
1. Possm to mention Walmsley 300 more times before the season starts
2. Mickeylane to break the news that we're looking at every player in the comp
3. John Moz to let us in on the fact there's a big announcement coming in November
4. A new thread every week championing that bloke from that other club who's way better than that bloke we already have
5. The call for Widdop to fullback and Hunt to hooker to be made once a day on average for the duration of the season

Walpole
Your a genius
Number 1 2 and 3 have already happened
Even number 4
number 5 will happen.
Love it lol

OzDragon

Coach
  1. Raiders finish top 4
  2. Cronk to get injured; Robinson to whinge
  3. Dragons to finish 2nd in attack, 7th in defence. Will make top 6 on the ladder
  4. Blues to win Origin 2-1
  5. Broncos to miss the 8

since77

Juniors
For one moment I'm going to ignore the sad fact that Mc Gregor is the coach

1. Dragons finish 5th and bow out in week 2 of finals.
2. Broncos finish outside the 8.
3. Titans wooden spoon
4. Ivan Cleary to "Have the full support of the board" after Tigers have another howler of a season
5. Cowboys v Roosters GF

Dragonslayer

First Grade
1. We will score tries off kicks
2. In the final play of the regular season we are tackled 2m short of the try line and therefore miss the 8. Irony
3. McGregor to state "they're a quality team" in every presser whe we are beaten.
4. Team list Tuesday will he cut and paste with both Leilua and Lomax listed but never getting a start.
5. Young Sailor will be promoted to the top 30 squad.....again!

Crush

Coach
  1. Raiders finish top 4
  2. Cronk to get injured; Robinson to whinge
  3. Dragons to finish 2nd in attack, 7th in defence. Will make top 6 on the ladder
  4. Blues to win Origin 2-1
  5. Broncos to miss the 8
Hey Oz, what makes you think Raiders?
They haven't bought anyone of note and have lost their best player for the season?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Very good that, Coffs ......
Please allow me to add further predictions to the list.

6 - McGregor to be sacked, whether it be mid year or at the end of the year.

7 - Josh McCrone to return under MGregors rein and go again, just as swiftly when Mary is sacked.
McCrone to finally find his level with Quatar Shieks Supa Dupa League .........as the teams’ mascot.

8 - Doust to surround his office with 24/7 Armaguard after installing full kitchen and bathroom facilities in gold leaf, thus not requiring to leave his ivory tower.

9 - Nick Politis to buy every conceivable decent player, regardless of whether they are on the market or not........ and still remain under the cap, because ‘they manage their cap better than most’.

10 - All NRL fans to still hate Melbourne more than any other team.

11 - Josh Duggan to find a new patch of of ink free skin to ink over, just because he can.

12 - Todd Carney to find new ways to reinforce he’s a complete knobhead and win his third, Lifetime Achievement Award for being a career dcikhead, resetting the Guinness Book of Records, thus causing a reprint.

13 - OKB1 to receive stock share options in Dan Murphy’s for his ongoing contributions to the company’s bottom line.

red rocket

Juniors
merry Xmas to all..

My prediction on 5 things that will happen in 2018 for the Dragons..

1. Ben Hunt to finish top 2 in Dally Ms
2. Nene Mcdonald to have a huge season and will be Dragons top try scorer in 2018
3. Jai Field to finish up as the established 1st grade Fullback come semi final time
4. Zac Lomax to play 10 first grade games or more
5. Kurt MANN to replace Nightingale as the left sided winger in 1st grade
1 saints to finish in the top four off the back of great crowds at kogarah and win 2 best win of the year on Anzac day with hunt cutting the chooks to ribbons. 3 hit of the year will go to our big red head pommie champion when he fly's out of the line and pole axes big Sharon woods 4 player of the year Ben hunt. 5 roosters miss the 8 by 2 points after Cronk throws an intercept to Pearce who runs the length of the field giving Robinson the bird to score under the posts 6 but not least Dugan goes for drunken driving after having a catch up chat with mary

mickeylane

Bench
1 saints to finish in the top four off the back of great crowds at kogarah and win 2 best win of the year on Anzac day with hunt cutting the chooks to ribbons. 3 hit of the year will go to our big red head pommie champion when he fly's out of the line and pole axes big Sharon woods 4 player of the year Ben hunt. 5 roosters miss the 8 by 2 points after Cronk throws an intercept to Pearce who runs the length of the field giving Robinson the bird to score under the posts 6 but not least Dugan goes for drunken driving after having a catch up chat with mary
My confidence for next year is purely on the fact that we have a 1. A no.7 that's twice the player Mcrone was
2.No.8 in Graham that's a significant upgrade on Packer and an onfield leader
3. Dufty and Field more experienced this year
4. Vaughan 12 months smarter and determined to break into NSW team

Hunt to lift the whole backline singlehandedly - way too much variety for the backline not to respond to his initiatives..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1. One game all of our tries will be scored by forwards
2. We sign a rep representative outside back
3. Doust leaves
4. mickeylane starts over 100 threads
5. Barrett to be first coach sacked

possm

Coach
Doesn't Point 5 contradict Point 3 ??? Marquee centres...J.Bird/.J.Roberts/L.Mitchell/G.Inglis/ etc

No in point 3 I said they were lining up to join, not that we have/can sign them. The point being these elite players WANT to play for us. BJ Leilua's contract is up at the end of 2018 as is Walmsley's.

Frank Facer

First Grade
As I have said before. My positivity is based on the players who will be on the field and the youngsters who are coming through. I am a firm believer that games are won on the field. I would rather have the best halfback, than the best coach. I am not a fan of Mary as our coach, but this is the best roster he has had to coach. Personally I would not have wanted to coach Mary's previous rosters, as I believe that I would not have been a good chance of succeeding with those roster's. I would gladly take over our current roster.

Just remember the old saying, A coach is only as good as the cattle he has to work with.

I will also add that Bennett has only won one comp in the last 11 years and i doubt that he is going to add to that tally next year either.

lynx000

Juniors
My confidence for next year is purely on the fact that we have a 1. A no.7 that's twice the player Mcrone was
2.No.8 in Graham that's a significant upgrade on Packer and an onfield leader
3. Dufty and Field more experienced this year
4. Vaughan 12 months smarter and determined to break into NSW team

Hunt to lift the whole backline singlehandedly - way too much variety for the backline not to respond to his initiatives..
Have you been watching Hunt for the last two seasons???

OzDragon

Coach
Hey Oz, what makes you think Raiders?
They haven't bought anyone of note and have lost their best player for the season?
Naturally talented but shitty coach. Very hit or miss, but given last season reckon they’ll bounce back. Maybe not top 4, top 6 possible.

SaintPauli

Juniors
In no particular order
1. Continued talk about TPA'S with no Solution
2. Another club will be caught roarting the salary cap.
3. Another NRL player getting into trouble
4. Continued issues with refs
5. Relieving us all off all the above BS is the dragons making the top 4.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
My thoughts;

1. Unfortunately I don't foresee Saints making the final eight, let alone a top four finish, or God forbid...a serious tilt at the premiership,

2. Rumours of a rift between Graham/Widdop and McGregor will surface.

3. Despite this, the 'coach' will not be given the heave ho. In fact, I expect Doust will announce yet ANOTHER coaching review at season's end. As a result, News Limited will go into a frenzy and link the club to several suitors such as Hasler and McGuire. Sadly, Richard Agar has more of a chance of scoring a gig.

4. Mann will be largely ignored by McGregor.

5. Dufty will be replaced by Nightingale somewhere between rounds six to 10.

Latest posts