What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 vs Broncos

Panfa

Juniors
Zelezniak Mansour peachey blake whare maloney cleary fisher harris kikau yeo merrin egan tamou harawira neara leota hetherington may

cain3y

Juniors
I haven't giving up on the season but if there was anything i could wish for 2019 it would be to have minimal injuries to see what this teams potential actually is. To many combination changes this year.

The Realist

Juniors
Get rid of chrichton and katoa

I am literally not understanding the Katoa bashing. The reason why we looked good in attack during parts of this game was him being so quick he either attacked the markers and got a roll on, or his service was very quick and sharp and got our forwards on the front foot. He also has a neat bag of tricks. He is Severely underrated. At least 1/2 the team would deserve criticism ahead of him.

Crichton on the other hand...completely found out and has been looking more out of place the later the season goes. Opposition coaches have identified him as a key weakness, his positional play combined with his lack of speed on the wing.

tripster

Juniors
I am literally not understanding the Katoa bashing. The reason why we looked good in attack during parts of this game was him being so quick he either attacked the markers and got a roll on, or his service was very quick and sharp and got our forwards on the front foot. He also has a neat bag of tricks. He is Severely underrated. At least 1/2 the team would deserve criticism ahead of him.

Crichton on the other hand...completely found out and has been looking more out of place the later the season goes. Opposition coaches have identified him as a key weakness, his positional play combined with his lack of speed on the wing.

Agree with all of this.

Phillips is better than Chricton in everything except making meters coming out of own end, but with Mansour back that is less of an issue. I suspect, however, given that it looked like Luai was always going to play FB tonight, Hook didn’t want to have both Phillips and Luai at the back, which I could understand. Next week Chricton should be dropped.

kinghippo

Juniors
Brisbane had a game plan tonight, its a thing some other teams have.
Target Maloney and put the young fullback and crap winger under pressure. It’s a pretty obvious plan.
It worked very well.
Perhaps Wayne is the G.O.A.T, he certainly schooled griffin but that doesn’t really seem to difficult a thing to do.

All the cloak and dagger bullshit the team went through honestly makes me think Griffins only plan this week was to keep them guessing who was playing.
I can just imagine a bovine eyed griffin having a slow drawn out evil laugh to himself this morning about all his cunning plans coming to fruition.
Mooooooha ha ha Mooooooooo ha ha

f**k Cristian Crichton is not first grade standard. luai catches a huge ass bomb under pressure and the tackle after that Crichton the dickfingers drops a pass right on his chest

Literally had the same reaction. Luai takes a wonderful catch off a towering bomb and I was a bit nervous because it was his first of the night and then CC does that...

forby

Juniors
I am sitting in Wenzhou, China reading this. I wasn't able to watch the game, but listened to 2GB call it. They said Luia was tackled in the air and should have received a penalty. Could have been a different game!

franklin2323

Immortal
I believe in wake up calls, but this? this just kills all momentum heading in to the finals and any hope of finishing top 4.

Maloney said in the presser. If we were flying now he'd be more worried then now. That we need to be at our best in 6 weeks not now. All true if the players believe is the main thing

franklin2323

Immortal
I am sitting in Wenzhou, China reading this. I wasn't able to watch the game, but listened to 2GB call it. They said Luia was tackled in the air and should have received a penalty. Could have been a different game!

There was plenty of calls in that 1st 20 that were dodgy. That was the possession flow

The club just shat in my eyes......again. for 487th time in the last 35 years.

Cleary is not worth 1 million a year. If any club is willing to pay that, more fool them.

Maloney was exposed dreadfully, as the fraud he is tonight.

At least when Walsh put up the pointless bombs from 40 out, he had Coote willing to chase and contest.

The players love Hook like they loved Elliot. That was an effective arrangement.

No matter how much things change...the more things stay the same

The Realist

Juniors

Cleary is not worth 1 million a year. If any club is willing to pay that, more fool them.

At least when Walsh put up the pointless bombs from 40 out, he had Coote willing to chase and contest.

The players love Hook like they loved Elliot. That was an effective arrangement.

Gosh I miss your sense pf humour Souff.

Everything you said is true. Cleary is a max 700K player based on form this season.

The Maloney/Moylan swap was an awful deal for us. He is such a weak link even when his offensive output is great his defence and discipline are woeful.

The comparison between Elliot and Hook is a great one. Both of them blooded many talented juniors from successful Jersey Flegg/U20's team, were loved by the players...but neither can get them playing at the 'next level'. Funny how many of our talented ex juniors went to the next level and won premierships at other clubs!

betcats

Referee
Maloney said in the presser. If we were flying now he'd be more worried then now. That we need to be at our best in 6 weeks not now. All true if the players believe is the main thing

What else is he going to say after giving up 50? And putting in one of the most gutless dogshit performances I’ve ever seen from a captain? I’d be happy to piss him off now and letpeach or may play out the season we aren’t winning anything anyway.

Hook is a shit coach who won’t get it done.

betcats

Referee

I’m so glad people are waking up to Cleary.

And people want this fraud captaining our club.....What a bullshit answer

16 tackles and 11 missed tackles! What a leader of men. Truly a hero you want in the trenches with you

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
Happy for Griffin to be criticised but there is absolutely no consistency. If he gets hammered when we lose, he should be praised when we win. But he doesn’t because conveniently Gus is the coach when we win.

In saying that, no coach could of done much last night. We made dreadful decisions & errors that we haven’t all year. It started 3 minutes in & finished at full time. From what I can see there isn’t much continuity in our errors from previous weeks. He could of hooked Maloney but not sure how that would impact us going forward in the season.

If we do the same thing next week I’ll be very worried. At the moment I’m only semi worried but we’re not the first team to struggle through an origin period. Ok maybe between semi worried & very worried.

Panfa

Juniors
Any coach in any sport will know you start a game with your best 13 how you can have a state of origin rep on the bench is hilarious.whats funnier is he even played a reserve grade winger ahead of peachey last night i know the peach wont be here at seasons end but neither will reserve grade chrichton wake up griffin.

Luai at fullback was a dreadful call. May at 1 next week please we simply can't carry bums like Crichton any longer. Yes May might struggle with match fitness but at least he's a first grader