What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.4 v SydRoosters

Alintheeast

Juniors
About time for Radley brain explosion and a JWH or Smith cheap shot. Teddy will get over excited and run to much. Somebody will sneeze and Keary or Walker will fall over injured. Manu will be watching 2017 NRL360 shows confirming he is GOAT. Tupou and Young will get a few grubbers and realise that bending at the waist is an essential part of life. Penrith by 12

Sime_11

Juniors
i dont think either team wins 13+ - there would have to be some pretty significant injuries for that to happen. The chooks can beat us absolutely - but they have 1 day less rest than us. 1-12 bet either team is a great bet for those punters.

we will compete for the 80 - we may have key guys out, but we keep going, next man up mentality, can you say the Roosters will do the same? not to mention our backs just want to keep scrapping for every metre.

if we are in front by 10+ at HT - i dont see Easts running us down. limit their red zone attack where their wingers can outjump us and i think we contain them.

Smith and Henry to keep putting workhorse numbers out and impress us fans that little bit more :)

Pomoz

Bench
Maverick played no trials, so he has been building his fitness during the early rounds.

Kilkenny

Coach
Back rowers aren’t always in the game as much as other players.

In our system most of the go forward and metres gained are from our 1-5, been that way for some time.

Some other sides you frequently see there front rowers having 15-20 runs for 200 metres. We haven’t really seen those sort of numbers for our front rowers for some time. Fish use too not so much in recent times, Moses has always been a 100 metres to 130 metres, rarely have he ever gone above those numbers. Different style, different game plan.

So in respect of Maverick, assuming his game time will be Spencer Lenui minutes, 20 or so, he may only get three or four touches so it’s hard to make an impression in such circumstances. Defence is probably where he may or can make a positive Impression Tomorrow night. Rip in and have a crack that’s all we can expect.

All the focus seems to be on who takes Jerome’s place, I tend to think we need to unearth the next best front rower to take over from JFH and Leota. There’s a few in the wings Luron Patea is one who could develop into something.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
From a realist point of view, if we somehow get the two points against the Roosters tomorrow night it will surely rank up there with one of our best wins over this past five years.

Without Nathan, I just can’t see it to be honest. I think it was going to be a really tough game with Nathan, but without him, Roosters at home, in pretty decent form, I have my doubts around this game.