What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25: EELS v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 18/8/23

Parra Pride

Coach
Is any Parra supporter going to go to Penrith Park this Thursday?

Its going to be like an away game to Brisbane or Melbourne, but with far less Parra supporters
I haven’t wasted a cent on this pathetic excuse of a team for a good five years at this point, and I won’t again until they actually do something to earn it.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We have beat 3 sides in top 8 currently

Knights who where going like busted at time and bottom 4.
Penrith who hadn't got going
Souths who may not stay in 8 amd not as good as we all thought.
Souths were flying on top of the ladder 5 or 6 wins straight and had beat storm and Penrith in that run.

When we came up against them it was probably our most complete performance of the year against our bogey team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Last game on a Thursday night, with the bye is it our earliest season finish ever?? Another record for our record breaking coach. Bea’s is really racking up the records!!!

Gronk

Staff member
f**k you are a dumb merkin. Do you think everyone who displays poor form has either chosen to play poorly or they must be needled up? There are a heap of reasons players might be displaying poor form. In Juniors case it is most likely fatigue / burn out from the amount of footy he’s played in the last 18 months.
Most likely…. Yet you’ve totally ruled out that he’s playing banged up, because it doesn’t suit your agenda. Because if he’s burned out, well that’s poor management of his game time and perhaps he should have rested, played less minutes.

An injured player toiling through the back half of the season would be a dedicated heart-on-his-sleeve co-captain playing through adversity - nah we can’t have that.p, cos there would be nobody to blame.

JokerEel

Coach
Most likely…. Yet you’ve totally ruled out that he’s playing banged up, because it doesn’t suit your agenda. Because if he’s burned out, well that’s poor management of his game time and perhaps he should have rested, played less minutes.

An injured player toiling through the back half of the season would be a dedicated heart-on-his-sleeve co-captain playing through adversity - nah we can’t have that.p, cos there would be nobody to blame.

Well if he is playing injured then of course there will be people to blame... It's not like he is playing injured and playing well so if he is injured don't play him let him recover and play Ogden or Makatoa.

Like I said if he is injured it's not wise to be boxing at the end of the season or playing for your nation.

Gronk

Staff member
Well if he is playing injured then of course there will be people to blame... It's not like he is playing injured and playing well so if he is injured don't play him let him recover and play Ogden or Makatoa.

Like I said if he is injured it's not wise to be boxing at the end of the season or playing for your nation.
Don't play him in a game where your season is on the line ? How does that make sense ?

To be critical of his boxing, you would have to to actually know the extent of his niggles.

I get that we are all angry and looking for people to blame, but these pages tend to overflow with merkins looking for scapegoats when we miss the 8, hell even Penisini has copped it. He doesn't deserve beef and neither does Jnr.

Forwards win games, backs decide by how much. This is what you guys need to focus on, because there are one group who are letting us down big time and that's impacted the whole team in 2023 and it will again in 24 if they don't pull a magic recruitment wand out of their arses.

IFR33K

Coach
Don't play him in a game where your season is on the line ? How does that make sense ?

To be critical of his boxing, you would have to to actually know the extent of his niggles.

I get that we are all angry and looking for people to blame, but these pages tend to overflow with merkins looking for scapegoats when we miss the 8, hell even Penisini has copped it. He doesn't deserve beef and neither does Jnr.

Forwards win games, backs decide by how much. This is what you guys need to focus on, because there are one group who are letting us down big time and that's impacted the whole team in 2023 and it will again in 24 if they don't pull a magic recruitment wand out of their arses.

I think noise underestimated how dumb you actually are.

FMD you are f^*king dumb beyond words

Gronk

Staff member
I think noise underestimated how dumb you actually are.

FMD you are f^*king dumb beyond words
There one thing that's guarranteed around here, the moment one person starts claiming that they are smarter than another or visa versa, then it's really about their insecurity or a need to feel superior. Need a hug ?

Honestly, can you guys possibly talk about footy without spitting the dummy and throwing hand grenades ? Silly question, amirite ?

JokerEel

Coach

His form has been poor for a while now so logically if he is playing injured dont play him earlier when this comes up.. Then he may be less injured for the critical games? Plus why play someone in a critical game who is playing down in form? Is he going to flick a switch and magically start playing well?

I am not blaming Junior but his form has been down and the coaches need to know why and fix it. Not just play him through it..

Gronk

Staff member
His form has been poor for a while now so logically if he is playing injured dont play him earlier when this comes up.. Then he may be less injured for the critical games? Plus why play someone in a critical game who is playing down in form? Is he going to flick a switch and magically start playing well?

I am not blaming Junior but his form has been down and the coaches need to know why and fix it. Not just play him through it..
OK sure we can do this all day, but the forwards get you down into the red zone and then teams like the bunnies (hell even STG two weeks ago) have backs good enough to create chances, 3 on 2s, beat a man etc. The only "chances" we had v roosters were forwards barging over 1m out. Our backs were getting out jumped, pushed over the sideline or just shut down. Not only that, the Brave Roosters have ADDED to their backs in 2024 with that ratsa pom from Newcastle. I know that they have a sombrero, but FMD Teddy, Toupo, Manu, Will's mate, Ratsa, Billy Smith and they still have Paul Momirovski playing reggies and could afford to let Jaxson Paulo walk. Compared to our rabble. Jaxson Paulo would be f**king luxury.

Latest posts