What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5 2024: 615pm Eels v Raiders GAME DAY THREAD @ GIO Stadium April 7th

Chipmunk

Coach
Lombardi was never ever told to leave
He stopped coaching for a year
But stayed on as club manager 😁
And it sent him crazy. Cause the players were his players. His team. It broke him.
It shattered him. Cause the team was never the same. The year after that. He left to coach Washington Redskins commanders
Had 2 years there. 2 winning seasons
Then retired. His whole coaching career
Never coach a loseing team
Bellyache has never had a losing season either. Even when they ran last he had a winning season.

I don't think Lombardi Head Coached in the NFL for as long as Bellyache has coached in the NRL.

eels_fan

First Grade
So I’m glad I didn’t have to watch that shit tonight, only listen to it as I had to work and I turned it off when they hit 30.

let’s just deal in facts

BA won’t be sacked. Our board had only one interest and that’s financial stability and profit, and paying out a coach does not fit that. BA will see out 24 and more than likely 2025. I think only a wooden spoon sees the board even consider it. The only way BA doesn’t finish is the year is if he voluntarily walks - which may not be the worst idea for his future career prospects tbh…

Having seen the tackle now - Reg misses 2-3 games.

our cup team sucks and none of them deserved to be promoted

we have a squad of 27, with Moses, Cartwright, Doorey, Dunster injured, Reg suspended. So 22 players to pick from. Emu is clearly underdone, Lane is horrific, Sivo is a flegg level player - but we have no one to replace them with. So we’re essentially stuck with the same shit we have

i’d honestly give the dragons Paulo if it got us Lomax and some $$ in our cap this week. It obviously won’t happen, but I’d tell them they can choose any forward except Hopgood and RCG.

Next weeks team

Gutho
Simo
Blaize
Penisini
Russell
Brown
Asi
Odgen
Hands
Moretti
Lane - shudder but no choice
Tuilagi
Hopgood

Paulo
Emu
Matto
Joffa

blue bags

First Grade
Bellyache has never had a losing season either. Even when they ran last he had a winning season.

I don't think Lombardi Head Coached in the NFL for as long as Bellyache has coached in the NRL.
That's right. Not as long as bellyache in top league
But Lombardi coached highschool. He took that team to 6 straight state titles.they were beating schools 6 Times bigger in students numbers. Enrollment of 300. Beating schools with over 2.000 students. College football. .
He coached Army to record of 31 wins. 1 lose. 2nd grade NFL . And coached and took the basketball team to multiple state titles. But never ever played basketball. And of course many NFL championships
And I think his last 2 years of playing college football. The team he was Playing for. Only Lost 1 game in 2 years. .
Lombardi had the winning desire to succeed

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Comfort zone problem ?
Or they're just getting old.
Might have everything to do with the coach(ing)
These are the team's leaders. They drive the standards in the playing group and some of them have more influence than the coach, which is how they are able to have coaches sacked or their contracts extended. Even Bennett acknowledged this.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Or they're just getting old.

These are the team's leaders. They drive the standards in the playing group and some of them have more influence than the coach, which is how they are able to have coaches sacked or their contracts extended. Even Bennett acknowledged this.

Now were using age as an excuse?

Made my point, Why would they want the coach sacked when there is no accountability? No consistency. Great work environment if you ask me , wish I had that at my work place.

Avenger

Immortal
No I'm attacking shit takes. I'd love to believe we could magically sack someone and become premiership heavyweights, but that is fantasyland. You merkins need to grow up and accept the facts. We sucked for nearly thirty years before Arthur or O'Neill or Sarantinos were anywhere near the club.
You revel in this shit you sick little prick. I’d sack you before anyone at the club and muzzle you for good by taking the internet off you. That’s all you have.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Pou should be a stand up comedian some of the material he comes up at times is funnier then what you get on some comedy nights.

Down on form and confidence we beat a premiership contender 2 weeks ago.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Premierships are won on defence.

Has there ever been a head coach that has had his side concede 40+ points as many times as BA.

I suppose when he says it didn't even feel like 40 points out there says a lot about his mindset as coach.

Times conceded 40+
2012 - 1
2014 - 5
2015 - 1
2016 - 0
2017 - 1
2018 - 4
2019 - 2
2020 - 0
2021 - 3
2022 - 0
2023 - 3
2024 - 1

21 times in 11 seasons & 260 games which equates to 1 every 12 matches we concede 40 under BA.

lingard

Coach
He played busted for 60% of the match last week. I’m sure if we had a winger in reggies he wouldn’t be playing. But we have a Ron Massey and a part timer on the wings.
What I mean is, what injury is he carrying?

Bandwagon

Staff member
I put it to you that our middle defence is our weakness and we compress more than other sides to cover that.

I don't believe we do, we lack speed to recover so we need our forwards working harder inside out. Our structure uses Moses and Brown in cover working with the King if the opposition get around us. We are missing Moses in defense as much, if not more than in attack

It seemed like a specific tactic from the Raiders to attack our edges from their own half, when our defence is even more compressed.

........or they went to their edges when they couldn't make meters in the middle, same result though.

lingard

Coach
Honestly I can’t see BA still being here next year without 17 miraculous epiphanies. Barrett will end this year then the kitchen sink will be thrown at Bennett
Mate, what they'll probably do is sign Barrett to a six year deal - because that will be seen as better value financially.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He played busted for 60% of the match last week. I’m sure if we had a winger in reggies he wouldn’t be playing. But we have a Ron Massey and a part timer on the wings.
Who does the recruitment for the Reggie's then.

They are under the Parramatta umbrella so you can't blame wenty and the excuse off to them.

Someone has dropped the ball just like the NRLW side last year. That we either have a bunch of 18 year olds or RMC quality in the backs. Not many other Reggie's side are as bad as what we are dishing out on a weekly basis.

Sarantinos sits above everyone and is the CEO. Has he missed the delegation that to somebody.

MON is that part of his scope.

Cayless ???

Whatever is going on it's looks a like a shitshow in the club atm.

I think a lot of people in the club have got too comfortable and riding off the coat tails of making a GF in 2022.

In terms of the last 18 months there hasn't been a lot of good decisions made on and off the field from the players, coaches and administration.

Gronk

Staff member
What I mean is, what injury is he carrying?
He was wearing some sort of a brace last night around his knee. If you go to play-by-play at the below link and watch this try, the f**ker can hardly run.

AND before the usual suspects start accusing me of excuses, I yell at Sivo at games too. But he really shouldn’t be playing IMHO. We should have a long list of rookie flyers as next man up, but the cupboard is bare.

IMG_1627.jpeg