What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6 2023: Non Parra games

84 Baby

Referee
Anyway back to the Rapana incident, rugba leeg being rugba leeg with calling it a stupid penalty. The outcome of that not being a penalty (although I’m not sure if Atkins blew whistle soon as it happened), is it’s ruled a knock on by Rapana, who is has claret pouring from his head and off in la la land even more than usual, and absolute hero Spurt Gapewell dogs a try with Rapana dying on the field. Accidental or not, that’s not the deserved outcome

strider

Post Whore
You got me on a alphabet technicality you ashol
I dont think they are better without him .... if he plays full games at something near his ability, they are better off .... they are playing the warriors at newcastle. Warriors are always hit n miss

strider

Post Whore
I think it was a bit of both .... he aint no spring chicken, others have passed him

TheParraboy

Staff member
Cracker games these ones

hope we see titans v dragons and warriors v knights play again next month..

strider

Post Whore
I think if they are gonna persist with the dumb stripping rule, they need to give the defenders a little leeway when they strip it as the ref calls held .... they have decided to let attackers pass after calling held and just bring it back, but they are dynamite if you steal it a millisecond after a held call

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think if they are gonna persist with the dumb stripping rule, they need to give the defenders a little leeway when they strip it as the ref calls held .... they have decided to let attackers pass after calling held and just bring it back, but they are dynamite if you steal it a millisecond after a held call

The flip side of this is the strip is being used as part of the wrestle, all the way to the ground, it's f**king ugly AFAIC.

hindy111

Post Whore

Analed by a millisecond

T.S Quint

Coach
The flip side of this is the strip is being used as part of the wrestle, all the way to the ground, it's f**king ugly AFAIC.

Yeah this pisses me off. A player gets his arms around the ball and is allowed to hold on longer than he normally would be allowed to because he was trying to strip the ball.
So many times I have seen where there should have been a penalty blown, or at least a set restart, because of this.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah this pisses me off. A player gets his arms around the ball and is allowed to hold on longer than he normally would be allowed to because he was trying to strip the ball.
So many times I have seen where there should have been a penalty blown, or at least a set restart, because of this.

Yep exactly, to me it looks pretty obvious that it's being used to slow the play down, surely refs can see this also.

The whole thing needs review, loose carry sure you deserve to lose possession, but this whole idea of repeated efforts within the same tackle needs to go.